Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daniel's Stories

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Daniel's Stories on Sat May 29, 2010 10:40 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Since it was Daniel (Db105) who suggested this area of the Bransom forum, I'm a little surprised he hasn't commented on any of his own stories. I suppose he's being modest.

First of all I need to point out that Daniel's MMSA handle is Danny, which might lead to some confusion here as MMSA's Dkellis uses the handle "Danny" at Bransom. Both are enormously talented writers, but quite different.

I give my enthusiastic recommendation for all of Daniel's stories. Though I can't say anything about the two Clara stories in Spanish, I'm sure that Daniel writes at least as well in his native language as he does in English; and his stories in English are outstanding.

I especially recommend the series A Gunslinger No More. It is off to an excellent beginning, and I hope more episodes will follow soon. For those familiar with Westerns such as Shane, this will have much appeal. I should warn you that the first episode is terribly sad.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny&show=19461

I won't comment on all of Daniel's stories, but there is a mixture of genres: futuristic science fiction, epic fantasy in a medieval setting, and contemporary fiction. A theme of loving discipline runs through all the stories I have read.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

Kat

2 Re: Daniel's Stories on Sun May 30, 2010 3:34 am

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
A Gunslinger No More by Danny (Daniel) is exceptionally well written and well researched so that it is convincing about the period and the places, although the author says he "just read a couple of books".

I voted for the story on both buttons because I use the red button for anything that moves me or grips me, not just arouses me. I had tears in my eyes at times, so I had to vote on the red button.

I loved the Native American (I assumed it was Native American) legend about the baby in the moon, which Daniel explained was actually "inspired by a very beautiful ballad by Spanish group Mecano".

There are a dozen named characters in chapter one, so I am going to need some help in remembering who is who when we eventually get to see the final chapters.

I want to read more, and to follow Samuel's adventures and eventually understand what the gun duel two years earlier has to do with our hero. The two events were still not linked for us in chapter two.

When can we have more, please?
EMLYN

3 Re: Daniel's Stories on Sun May 30, 2010 5:08 am

ivor

Marshall
There is not a lot I can add to what has been already said by Kat & Em.

All I will say is that all of Daniel's stories I have read have been well written and enjoyable. However, the two "Gunslinger" tales stand out as rare examples of what is not very often found on MMSA - what I class as a story with spanking as opposed to a spanking story. In other words, they would be readable in their own right as opposed to being readable for a specific reason.

That is probably not very well explained, but is the best I can offer.

And, yes Emlyn, I too am anxious for Daniel to put on his gun belt once more!

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

4 Re: Daniel's Stories on Sun May 30, 2010 6:16 am

Jack

Admin
I think you put it very well, Ivor. Most of the time, I read spanking stories because I want to read about a hot spanking. Very rarely, there's an author who I read for a good story that will just happen to work a spanking into it.

Just for the record, the 'Daniel/Danny' to whom everyone is referring is actually forum member DB105 - one of our more active members.

I remember reading one of his first stories - My Three Nephews - which I love for a couple of reasons. While it's a pretty average spanking story in a lot of ways, I love the set up and the amount of thought he put into the characters. While I'm normally interested in the boys, the father-figure in this story is incredibly well thought out and is a great character in his own right. Definitely a good series, and one to which I wouldn't mind seeing an addition one day.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

5 Re: Daniel's Stories on Sun May 30, 2010 7:01 am

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
I want to add my praise to Daniel's stories. Here is the main contents page:

Table of Contents Danny (DB105)

I have loved all of his stories too. I've not read the 2 spanish language ones but every single other story is excellent and well thought out. The science fiction series The Empaths is a special favorite of mine.

The Empaths

I think we must be patient with Daniel. I believe he enters into these periods of time in his life where this kind of writing is possible. He writes what he can until the window closes and real life surrounds him!

I think I can align with the others who hope for a new episode of the gunslinger series but if Daniel starts an entirely new series that would be all right by me!

His contirbution to the Bransom holiday pack was outstanding as well!

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Skater

6 Re: Daniel's Stories on Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:38 am

db105

Trailboss
Gee! Embarassed I had not seen this thread till now, but you guys are enough to feed an author's ego for several months! Thank you for all the kind comments.

Kat wrote:I'm a little surprised he hasn't commented on any of his own stories. I suppose he's being modest.

Well, it's more that I was waiting till I had a new story to comment on. With so many stories to read, it's unrealistic to expect people to read the old stories.

A Gunslinger No More.

Indeed, I intend to write more chapters, hopefully quite soon. One problem I have with series is that I'm not a very fast writer, and it takes me some effort and time to write a story. Then, after a few chapters, sometimes I get new ideas or new things compete for my interest, and I don't have the motivation to continue. I'm still interested in this story, though, and I promise to continue.

There are a dozen named characters in chapter one, so I am going to need some help in remembering who is who when we eventually get to see the final chapters.

I'll try to include a short synopsis at the beginning of each character, Emlyn, for those who haven't read the previous chapters, or just need to be reminded.

examples of what is not very often found on MMSA - what I class as a story with spanking as opposed to a spanking story

I think that's a quite good observation. And it's not that I don't like more direct and 'hot' spanking stories. Often, that's what I want when I go to the MMSA. However, as a writer, I feel that I have little to contribute in that regard. There are many writers who do that and do that very well. I also enjoy longer stories which just happen to have spankings in them, so that's what I write, mostly.

My Three Nephews

I think those are my most straightforward spanking stories, and judging by the number of votes and email comments they are certainly the most successful. That tells me something about what readers want, but I still write the other kind of longer and less spanking intensive story, even though it generates less interest, because, as I said, I feel like I'm contributing something different, even if it's not what most MMSA visitors feel like reading when they visit the site. As Jack said, I tried to compensate for how "average" this series is by trying to make the characters interesting, and I'm very glad I, at least for him, succeeded.

One never knows, but right now I don't think I'll continue the series. I consider it finished. I used to have problems liking the spankers in the stories I read, because as a child I tended to regard spanking as the harsher and more traumatic punishment I could get, instead of just a regular childhood punishment. Therefore, I found it difficult to like the adult characters who spanked when it's not really the "last resort". From that point of view, writing a long series with a sympathetic spanking character was difficult for me when I wrote those stories. I have evolved from there, by the way, and realize that depending on the family, and social and cultural expectations, corporal punishment can indeed be a regular and not necessarily traumatic punishment.

Anyway, the premise of My Three Nephews was that the boys acted up after the narrator took them in, and a few spankings, given reluctantly, were necessary to break that trend and serve as a catharsis. I had never really intended to make it a long series.

The Empaths

I'm glad you liked that, Skate. It's a series that I would like to continue sometime, and I like it even though it was not really successful with readers. I think the telepathic aspect opens interesting possibilities for spanking stories, and this series also has potential for melodrama, which I enjoy.

I think we must be patient with Daniel. I believe he enters into these periods of time in his life where this kind of writing is possible. He writes what he can until the window closes and real life surrounds him!

I think that's a very emphatic comment, Skater. There are times when I feel the need to write, and I write several stories, but then I lose motivation or some different activities catch my interest, and then I think it's better not to try too hard, since I just write for pleasure. I think I'll return to writing soon, though, and the first thing I intend to write is the third chapter of A Gunslinger No More.

7 Re: Daniel's Stories on Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:41 am

db105

Trailboss
I just wanted to add that, if someone wants to read one of my stories without getting into a series, my two favorite among my standalone stories are "Acceptance" and "Together".

"Together" is a bit older, though, and I don't know how well it will stand a reread.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum