Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 02-03 Travis gets into fights

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 02-03 Travis gets into fights on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 pm

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Today you were called to come pick up your son from school. Travis had gotten into a fight with another student and was suspended for the rest of the day. This school doesn't use corporal punishment so the part day suspension is the only punishment.

Travis 11
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is the second fight he's gotten into in the last month. The last one happened before school started. You warned him that if he got into another fight that wasn't self defense you would "tan his bottom".

Travis and the other boy starting throwing punches after they each called the other some names. You don't believe in double jeopardy under normal circumstances but will you spank him when he gets home this time?

2 Re: BOTD 02-03 Travis gets into fights on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:30 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
A partial day of suspension for a boy of eleven is only a punishment if he dreads his parents' reaction; otherwise, it's a holiday. Had the school used detention, in-school suspension or corporal punishment, I wouldn't have felt it necessary to add to their sanctions. As it is, coming to the school to pick Travis up and having to take off the rest of the day to supervise him (because I had no time to arrange anything else) means I'm the one who is punished.

Furthermore, I've warned Travis about fighting. It does not sound as though this fight was self-defense unless the other boy clearly threw the first punch; and even then, both of them were engaging in provocative behavior. Travis should have walked away.

I intend to take Travis home and make sure he does not regard this suspension as a holiday. He's getting a good bare bottom spanking with the hairbrush.

Kat

3 Re: BOTD 02-03 Travis gets into fights on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:43 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
It doesn't sound like this was self defense, but I'm going to ask. I have been in positions where trying to walk away is fruitless (since you get followed and further provoked). If there was escalation via name calling, it doesn't much matter to me who actually threw the first punch.

Unless Travis clearly had no other alternative, he's getting a bare bottom spanking with the hairbrush.

Last edited by AFinch on Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total

4 Re: BOTD 02-03 Travis gets into fights on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:12 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
I agree with Kat's position on the half day suspension and both his and Kier's attempts at finding the details of what happened before the fighting started.

If Travis can offer no extenuating circumstances he is in for a spanking, bare and OTK. I'll think about a strop enhancement, but that will depend on Travis's actions and reactions before and during the spanking phase of his punishment.

Last edited by captain on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total

5 Re: BOTD 02-03 Travis gets into fights on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:23 am

ivor

Marshall
Kat has pretty much nailed it for me.

I told him that if he got in another fight he would get spanked and now he has got into another fight. Unless I can be convinced he was solely defending himself then I'm afraid he is going over my knee when we get home.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

6 Re: BOTD 02-03 Travis gets into fights on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:22 am

Kai

Deputy
captain wrote:I'll think about a strop enhancement, but that will depend on Garrett's actions and reactions before and during the spanking phase of his punishment.
I am (as mostly) with you on this one.
But who the f**k is Garret? Razz

7 Re: BOTD 02-03 Travis gets into fights on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:24 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Kat wrote

I've warned Travis about fighting. It does not sound as though this fight was self-defense unless the other boy clearly threw the first punch; and even then, both of them were engaging in provocative behavior. Travis should have walked away.

I intend to take Travis home and make sure he does not regard this suspension as a holiday. He's getting a good bare bottom spanking with the hairbrush.

Thanks - You've saved my typing fingers again Kat

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

8 Re: BOTD 02-03 Travis gets into fights on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:38 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
I Don't like double jeopardy if I think a school punishment has dealt with a matter. On this occasion though he seems to have got off very lightly. It is not the first time after all. Travis appears to be equally responsible for the name-calling and the fight. A part day suspension has only inconvenienced 1 person. ME unless you count my tolerant employers and work colleagues. Unless Travis can show the other boy was entirely to blame then my belt will be coming off and so will his pants when I get him up to his room. Then Travis will be confined to his room, excepting meals for the rest of the day and can do without any of his electronic toys.

9 Re: BOTD 02-03 Travis gets into fights on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:12 am

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
"You don't believe in double jeopardy under normal circumstances but will you spank him when he gets home this time?"

Yes, not only to be consistent (I said I would), but because suspension is not a punishment.

10 Re: BOTD 02-03 Travis gets into fights on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:50 am

Jack

Admin
I've mentioned before that I spent some time last fall researching other school districts manuals. In many cases, where the school district didn't have CP, it seemed to me that their policies were designed to make the parent so tired of dealing with it (parent/teacher meetings or this type of suspension).

Travis is going to have a chance to convince me it was self-defense. I think he's smart enough to know it's best to fess up now, but if needed, I'll talk to the principal or even the other student. Just to head Icono off at the pass, what the scenario says is what I actually confirmed, not just what the principal told me.

Travis is losing his pants and undies when we get home, and he's going over my lap for a thorough hand spanking. When he's getting nice and rosy, and just about to start crying, I'm going to let him up. We're going to talk about why this was unacceptable, and what he could have done. Then I'm going to remind him about the previous warning and have him go get the brush.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

11 Re: BOTD 02-03 Travis gets into fights on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:55 am

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Just looking at Travis's face I can tell that he had a bad day. We all have them from time to time. I'm going to give the poor kid a break. We're going to spend the afternoon at the Smithsonian. The crowds will be down and we can see more cool stuff.

I will warn him that this is his last get out of spanking free card so he better wise up!

or
Spoiler:
He's getting a hand spanking followed by 3 with the switch!

12 Re: BOTD 02-03 Travis gets into fights on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:17 am

Stone Man

Marshall
Kai wrote:But who the f**k is Garret? Razz

I was tired from dealing with 14 inches of snow at home and at work. I had already posted to a Garrett scene and still had him on the brain I guess. Sleep is what I should have been doing, or maybe I was.

13 Re: BOTD 02-03 Travis gets into fights on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:25 am

Kai

Deputy
captain wrote:
Kai wrote:But who the f**k is Garret? Razz

I was tired from dealing with 14 inches of snow at home and at work. I had already posted to a Garrett scene and still had him on the brain I guess. Sleep is what I should have been doing, or maybe I was.
Yeah, my Uncy needs his sleep pretty well.
Maybe he needs someone sitting in his lap to get his share.

14 Re: BOTD 02-03 Travis gets into fights on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:44 am

Eldo

Cowboy
This one is nice and simple. I'd be the same as a dad. You get in a fight, you get a tanned butt. Travis will be taking the brush from myself.

15 Re: BOTD 02-03 Travis gets into fights on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:45 am

Stone Man

Marshall
Kai wrote:Yeah, my Uncy needs his sleep pretty well.
Maybe he needs someone sitting in his lap to get his share.

So many naughty boys to spank, some times I just can't keep track of them. Razz

16 Re: BOTD 02-03 Travis gets into fights on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:27 pm

CHRIS

Trailboss
First thing that I will be wanting to know is if this boy he was fighting today was the same boy as last time.

It could be that some little brat is picking on Travis,who is giving back as good as he gets.

I am going to tell Travis to go to his room when I get him home,and to think hard on his behaviour.

I want him to reflect on the incident,and when he is ready, to come and tell me the absolute truth about it.

I will warn him,that if he has acted agressively,and not in self-defence,he is going to be spanked.

If he tells me it was not his fault,I will not punish him,but I warn him,that if I find out later that he has not told me the truth,he is going to be a very,very sorry boy indeed.

So,if he has been at fault,little Travis is going over my knee,for a good warming of his little bare bottom.

If this kid is picking on Travis,I will be fronting the school and taking it further.

17 re Travis on Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:01 am

taylorminor

Cowboy
After our discussion about what would happen should he ever get into any more fights at school, Travis should have walked away.

I will be taking him to his bedroom where the boy will be treated to yet one more consequence...over my lap with his pants and underwear right off, having his bare bottom turned hot and red with my open hand, advising him that next time it will be the paddle Exclamation Exclamation

18 Re: BOTD 02-03 Travis gets into fights on Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:23 pm

Zac

Wrangler
Fighting is, of course, to be discouraged and it is right that it is punished in school. However the problem with fighting is that often schools were, and probably still are, inclined to treat both/all parties and equally guilty and deserving of the same sanction. However that is not always  the case though schools are often not interested in finding out who "started it". It is also not always the case that one who throws the first blow is the one who started it and is to blame. Sometimes it can be the result of provocation or a normally pacific person can just snap. That isn't to say that there aren't times when all parties are culpable. It can be a tricky situation.

The description "normally pacific" does not seem to apply to Travis as this is not his first fight and I get the impression from the scenario that while this his second fight of  the month it is not his second fight in the longer term. If Travis is blameworthy then suspension seems an inadequate response, in fact suspension either out of or in school seems pointless punishment, though it does temporarily take him out of circulation which is probably the point of the exercise.

While I do not believe in double jeopardy as a general rule this is an exception since I warned Travis about fighting after the last time and that I would "tan his bottom" if he did it again and that is what he can expect when we get home. I would actually argue that this isn't really double jeopardy anyway in this case because as Travis will not be facing corporal punishment or a detention when he is back at school, or even a full day of suspension, it would hardly even be single jeopardy otherwise.

When we get home I will ask Travis what happened. On the basis that both parties in a fight are not necessarily both equally guilty I will entertain the possibility that Travis was not at fault or there were extenuating circumstances and I am even willing to stretch "self defence" to include a reaction to provocation. However, given the previous fights he has gotten into I will be assuming that he is at fault and I that I will be thrashing him unless he gives me very good reasons not to. Travis will be made aware just how precarious his situation is because as soon we get in he will be taking off his trousers before he gets a chance to say anything. The position of his underpants depends on what he says next.

If Travis cannot convince me that he couldn't have avoided the fight his underpants are coming off and I am tanning his bare bottom with something suitable, probably an OTK slippering with a warning the belt may be used if there is a next time, but it will depend on the circumstances of the fight to some extent.

Hopefully this will make Travis think twice, or more than that, about getting into another fight. If not then I wonder if he might benefit from some boxing, at a properly run club, which does seem to help some young men but maybe Travis is too young for that at 11, or maybe it might may things worse.

Anyway, fighting is now a double jeopardy offence for Travis unless there are extenuating circumstance.

[Digression: Distraction: As a cartophile I very much appreciated the large map of the world which is a prominent feature in the photographic and I pleased to see that a map projection I abhor has not made to this classroom]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum