Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 05-16-11 Moving Violations A Katz Production (9,13,14)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
MOVING VIOLATIONS??

A Katz Production

Your son, Dayton, is 14 years old. Since he turned 13 you have allowed Dayton to get some experience with the car. At first you would have him start the car and then you would sit with him while he tested the pedals and practiced putting the car in and out of gear. He then graduated to moving the car in and out of the garage and around in the driveway while you were in the vehicle.

Dayton 14
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lately, you have allowed him to move the car around in the drive while you watched from the outside but you have always been present any time he was behind the wheel. He is getting good and is confident in his limited abilities. You have never allowed Dayton to operate the vehicle unless you were present. You have never come right out and stated this as a rule; you are just certain that you and Dayton have an understanding.

According to the law in your state, he will be allowed a learning permit as soon as he turns fifteen but that is still ten months away.

It is a beautiful and warm sunny Sunday afternoon. Your wife and younger son, nine year old Grant, are away shopping and you have settled in your chair for a nice nap.

Grant 9

Dayton is hosting his best friend Morris who is also 14. Dayton and Morris decide to shoot some basketball at the goal in your driveway. The problem is you washed your car earlier and left it in the drive and it is blocking the goal.

Morris 14

Dayton comes to ask you to move the car but finds you sleeping peacefully in your chair. He decides to take matters in his own hands and goes to your room and removes the keys from your bedside table. Dayton then goes outside and starts the car and begins to move it out of the way of the goal.

Something goes wrong and Dayton accidently hits the goal post with the car. The post is unharmed as it is sturdy metal but there is a nice dent in the fender of the car. Dayton manages to get the vehicle in park and turned off.

Dayton comes and wakes you. He is obviously shaken and you ask what is wrong. He says, “Dad, I wrecked the car.” You immediately ask Dayton if he is injured. He assures you he is fine but says the car did not fair as well. You go to the scene and inspect the damage. The dent is bad but not horrible and you have the talent to repair it.

You demand an explanation and Dayton tells you the whole story. You become livid. Dayton says, “But, Dad, you let me drive it all the time. It was just an accident.”

What happens to Dayton?

Last edited by Skater on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Dayton has overstepped his permission and abilities. I think 10 with the belt should do the trick.

If he had woken my up and asked me, I probably would have told him to move it.
He came to me and admitted what happened without any kind of cover up.
My lessons in honesty and integrity have paid off.
I would not be thrilled, but I would see this more as a wake up call for both of us.
I need to make very clear cut rules about how and when he can drive the car.
I really don't see intentional wrong doing here.
I actually think this sort of thing can show a boy he isn't an expert driver just yet and still needs a lot of practice.

tay

Stone Man

Marshall
If I became livid as the scenario states, I don't see how I could do anything else but punish Dayton. Since primary punishment continues to be spanking for my oldest son, than a spanking it shall be with 14 licks with the strop to drive the point home.

No take out the livid and I'm freer to make a more appropriate response, in which case I go along with Tay's answer and explanation.

Twisted Evil I think Morris is the cause of the accident and will strip him down, put him OMK and spank him 'till the cows come home. Twisted Evil

Interestingly, I drove our "Morris" Minor Travelor around our yard when I was about 13. Our driveway was horseshoe shaped and roughly eight hundred feet long with a fork at the end where I could back it around and drive back the other way. I could get through three of the four gears from one end to the other. My Dad would have allowed me (told me) to move the car if it was in the way and just put it back when I was done.

Skater wrote:Dayton has overstepped his permission and abilities. I think 10 with the belt should do the trick.

... I think 14

ivor

Marshall
I hope I'd be with Tay.

Looking at it coldly the incident would still have occurred whether Dayton had asked my permission or not. Had he not asked my permission and then taken the car off the driveway that would have been a very different matter.

So, while I'm going to be annoyed at the dent in the car and the fact that I'm going have to fix it, I hope I'm not going to be annoyed enough to lash out at Dayton over it.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I stormed at Dayton and chased him upstairs to get the strap and strip. A closer inspection of the damage told me it was trivial. It was so small that I might not have noticed it before using the car again when I would probably have attributed it to some toe rag clipping me in a parking lot. The car had been in the way so he probably wasn't just showing off to Morris and I started to think along the same lines as Tay.

tay wrote:If he had woken my up and asked me, I probably would have told him to move it.
He came to me and admitted what happened without any kind of cover up.
My lessons in honesty and integrity have paid off.
I would not be thrilled, but I would see this more as a wake up call for both of us.
I need to make very clear cut rules about how and when he can drive the car.
I really don't see intentional wrong doing here.
I actually think this sort of thing can show a boy he isn't an expert driver just yet and still needs a lot of practice.

On reaching Dayton's bedroom he had obediently got the strap and was stretched out ready across his pillow. I gave him a stingoor with it and told him to get up.

I admitted overreacting and I thanked him for his honesty. We had a talk where I laid down some firm ground rules for the future before telling him that I would help HIM repair the damage.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

squarecutter

Sherrif
I'm not sure how this could have gone wrong if the boy was used to doing it without me in the car. Did Dayton try to do it too quickly to impress his friend. Boys can act out of character with cars when among their friends.

He did move it without permission or supervision which suggests he still needs that. As he has come and owned up straight away I shan't punish him. I will however be giving him a view of the repair bill which of course I shall have to pay as I doubt there is insurance for this sort of thing. Hopefully he will be more careful in future. Dayton will remain under supervision when shifting the car for a while longer. That rule will be made clear

oh, just seen I am able to carry out repairs myself(in real life I should be so lucky!) May be Dayton can cough up for the spray paint out of his allowance

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm with Tay!

Kat

kalico

Sherrif
Very Happy I am also with Tay!

Kal

LLALVA

Trailboss
I appreciate him telling me about the accident. I do not really notice them to a little chagrin from my male relatives. I do understand the importance of a car being in it's best condition, but I do not worry for a scratch more or less. Saying so...
I will smack him for scaring me about the totaling of the car when it had been only a scratch. Rolling Eyes

I will tell him he needs more experience driving and meanwhile I will like to be present in his intents.

LL

David M. Katz

Marshall
I get myself calmed down and realize it truly was an accident. I can see how I lead Dayton to believe he was allowed to move the car. I see no ill intent on his part and I am impressed that he fully owned the accident and even informed me right away.

Not as a punishment, but just as a life lesson, he will reimburse me for the minor cost of repair materials from his allowance and he and I will make the repair together.

I will tell him to get the stupid car out of the way of the goal so we can all shoot some hoops together.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=David+M.+Katz

Jack

Admin
I'm kind of torn on this one. Dayton knows he can't legally drive at all, much less without me present, so I don't believe he felt it was okay to move the car. On the other hand, this is really my fault for letting him do this stuff. I don't think I'm going to punish him, but I am going to make sure he knows he's not allowed behind the wheel anymore until he does have his learner's permit. If I want to make exceptions to that, I can, but he better know he can't.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

CHRIS

Trailboss
Answering without looking at the other posts yet.

I think that if the scenario states that I am livid with Dayton, he is going to cop it.

Maybe I count to 10 and calm down?
Looking at it objectively, the damage isn't real bad, and I can fix it. (I wish! Very Happy )
Dayton came to me and admitted his guilt without prevarication.

He obviously didn't set out maliciously to damage the car, and even if he had of woken me up, and I had gone out there with him, would the incident not have happened anyway?It seems that he believed that he was being considerate in not waking me up, and at the end of the day, I have not come out and told him flatly that he can't operate the car unless I am there with him.

So I am going to take Dayton up to his room, make him strip of his pants and give him a good sound spanking with the hair brush for being so cute and spankable.
Shocked Evil or Very Mad
Not really!

Much as I'd be tempted, his bottom is safe, but now might be a good time to set some ground rules for the future.
Dayton can help me fix the car.
If he is going to be running into things, he is going to have to know about panel-beating.

ivor

Marshall
CHRIS wrote:Answering without looking at the other posts yet.

If he is going to be running into things, he is going to have to know about panel-beating.

As opposed to butt beating which he already knows about Evil or Very Mad

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

John Boy

Sherrif
I think that I will tell my son that we will talk once his friend goes home. Depending on how his attitude is depends on if and what with I spank him.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

David M. Katz

Marshall
JB moved this one forward for me as it seems Bug has read it as well.

More on that when the time is right.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Hmmm....sounds intriguing!! Cool

In the situation, I can understand the kidthink at work here and he did come straight in and fess up. While the scenario says I'm livid, it would have to be livid with myself for parking the car in the way. No spanking, though he's going to work with me on the body work. Let him learn something practical from this.

David M. Katz

Marshall
Yes, it seems Bug and Kirby may have read this BOTD. I adapted it and made it a little more problematic in the newest A B'U.G.'s life story. http://www.malespank.net/viewStory.php?id=29651

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum