a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jeremy Colter

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101 Re: Jeremy Colter on Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:17 am

Jack

Admin
Just wanted to say that Jeremy will be arriving tomorrow. His school is out, but he wanted to stay for a couple of parties with his friends.

I think we've reached an agreement that will keep everyone happy. He's going to leave Friday, mid-morning and drive to his Grandparents (Debbie's parents) home. They're going to have Christmas morning with his little sister on the 24th. Then he'll leave there late morning, after a big brunch, and drive back here to be with our family for Christmas Eve/Christmas morning with his little brothers (old and new).

Debbie's parents aren't ecstatic about it, but she and Jeremy are happy with it. If Jeremy's happy, I'm happy, though I think Jeremy is the only one happy with him driving 700 miles in less than 300 hours (and he won't be happy if he has to hear one more lecture about being careful, which is sad, since he'll probably be getting at least 2 more before he leaves).

Anyway, this is his last Christmas as a kid, and I'm glad we were able to work things out for him without hurting anyone.

102 Re: Jeremy Colter on Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:23 am

Pi Beta

RIP 9 Jan 47 - 17 June 17
Jack wrote: though I think Jeremy is the only one happy with him driving 700 miles in less than 300 hours (and he won't be happy if he has to hear one more lecture about being careful, which is sad, since he'll probably be getting at least 2 more before he leaves).  

That's less than 3 miles an hour! Did you mean 30?

103 Re: Jeremy Colter on Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:23 pm

kalico

Sherrif
That's great that y'all came to a great agreement and it all worked out .....

Yeah kid good luck with not hearing about how to drive safely... Rolling Eyes

Hugs kal

104 Re: Jeremy Colter on Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:40 pm

Jack

Admin
Yes, I meant 30, and I didn't mean it would take that long: I mean he's going to be leaving here Friday morning, then turning around and leaving there Saturday around noon (arriving here around 4pm, probably).

105 Re: Jeremy Colter on Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:35 am

David M. Katz

Marshall
They seem to grow up way too fast.

I freak out if one of my kids is making a 70 mile drive and I would be a wreck over a 700 mile trip.

106 Re: Jeremy Colter on Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:26 am

Jack

Admin
Jeremy did arrive yesterday. He had to drive through some rain to get here, but he managed to avoid the worst of the traffic by coming down a state road and staying completely away from Dallas.

I think I've said before that he and I talk on a semi-regular basis, but there's been a ton going on for both of us, and that's fallen off a bit (a lot more of the 'hi, how are you?' and less of the long talks about everything). On the other hand, that could be good, because he doesn't seem to have the need to complain and seek help that he did last year. He does assure me that things are going better between him and David. I think the main problem the two of them are having (and maybe this has been the real trouble all along) is that they just can't determine exactly what their relationship could be.

Jeremy is going to be here this afternoon for Bryce's graduation, but he's going back tomorrow morning. He's already missing a party with some friends last night, but he's going to spend a few days hanging out with them before heading back here. They have a camping trip planned. Of course, it looks like the same weather system that's been dumping water on us for the past 16 hours is right over where they live, so that might be revised.

Jeremy and I haven't had much time to talk. He told me he's been staying out of trouble - a couple of swats at school a few weeks ago, and a bit of trouble with his math class. The swats were for persistent tardies (walking a girl he liked to class). Some last minute, hard studying got him through the math class with a 'B' average. No tickets since he's been driving, so he's doing overall pretty darned well.

Hopefully we'll have a chance to sit down and really talk sometime soon, and get into a bit more depth.

107 Re: Jeremy Colter on Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:56 am

kalico

Sherrif
Aw that was nice he got to make it for the graduation and I hope he has safe travels back
And enjoys his camp out....

Hugs kal

108 Re: Jeremy Colter on Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:24 am

Jack

Admin
Jeremy received a phone call Thursday. While he has a great time when he's hear (I hope he does, he says he does, and he keeps coming back, so...), but he has friends back home, and he's been back there a couple of times (he's also brought a few friends to visit us here over the years, but now that they're at the age where their parents won't freak out at that, most of them have too much stuff going on).

The call let him know that some of the gang are going on a camping trip next weekend, before football practice starts. It didn't take much thought for him to decide to head back a few days early, so he can do the stuff he'd intended to do next weekend.

With that in mind, he and I went out yesterday, had lunch together, did his back to school shopping (I would have just given him the money, but he asked), and saw The Dark Tower. It was a fun morning/early afternoon for us, and gave us at least a bit of one-on-one time, which I never feel able to give my kids enough.

He's going to stay with us a couple of days, since he still prefers Dr. Sammy, so he's going to go when we do our physicals, then he'll head home probably Wednesday morning.

Because he is part of the family (especially the Colter kids, but Mick and Noah and Bryce all like him a lot and even Parker, who has to share his room, feels close to him, I think because Parker and Ethan are so close), we did family night last night. Because of the inspiration, I did allow and invite Jerry Costas, Joe Mintz, Perry Tidwell, and Cole Cavanaugh to join us, because those four are pretty much his best friends.

We had a good time - snack food and games - board, card, dice, and dominoes. When most of us were thinking about bed, I left a couple of movies out for them to watch if they felt like it --- I may or may not have suggested a couple of raunchy comedies that their parents would have crucified me for.

109 Re: Jeremy Colter on Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:05 am

kalico

Sherrif
Aw the camping trip sounds fun... hope he enjoys
Last night sounds especially fun sounds like y'all had a great evening....

Hugs kal

110 Re: Jeremy Colter on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:45 am

Jack

Admin
Just wanted to take a second to say that Jeremy did go home after Dr. Sammy finished pocking and squeezing. He did even remember to call and let me know he made it safely, so I didn't have to drive up there to paddle him. His mom was obviously excited to have him home. We talked briefly last evening, and he's happy enough to be back in his own room and see his other group of friends. He's really excited about their camping trip the next couple of days.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum