a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 12-08-2012 Eric The Engineer - A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
ERIC THE ENGINEER

A DMK Production

You have a twelve year old son, Eric. Eric is still subject to spanking if needed. Eric is a very curious boy and very mechanically minded.

Eric's curiosity has led him to disassemble and reassemble the toaster and an alarm clock. Surprisingly both still worked after Eric took them apart and put them back together. Eric is just overcome with knowing how things work and is a real hands on sort of boy. You thought nothing of the toaster and alarm clock and chalked it up to a phase. When Eric opened up the blue ray player, you told him to not take anything else apart without asking you first. Upon reassembly, the player worked just fine. When the blender stopped working, you gave it to Eric to explore. Eric managed to repair the blender. When you caught Eric taking the back off of the microwave, you gave him a couple of sharp spanks to the seat and reminded him of your rule. Eric put the microwave back together and promised he would stop disassembling the appliances.

You made a quick trip to the grocery store and left Eric at home alone. When you returned, Eric had disassembled his video game system.

ERIC - 12

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You remind Eric of the rule and his agreement. Eric says the game is HIS. He felt he could do with it as he pleased but says that the game will work just fine when he puts it back together.

How do you deal with your budding engineer?

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Well, it is his, so I'll sigh and hope he's right, because if he isn't, he won't be getting a replacement any time soon.

Kat

AFinch

Sherrif
You saved me a lot of typing.

Given the setup for the story, I am sure it WILL work just fine too. Maybe he can get a job with Apple--I understand their ITunes development team is in need of someone who actually knows what he/she is doing LOL

1strappedboy

Sherrif
K team sez it for me!!!

David M. Katz

Marshall
I will not punish for this as it is his system.

However, I will set up a work station in the garage and get Eric some inexpensive tools. I will then supply him with cheap appliances and the like from yard sales and thrift stores. Also if we or a friend or neighbor have a discarded or broken appliance, I will give it to Eric. I think his curiosity and desire to learn can be supported in a way that does not jeopardize the various gadgets in the house.

Stone Man

Marshall
Kat wrote:Well, it is his, so I'll sigh and hope he's right, because if he isn't, he won't be getting a replacement any time soon.

Kat

Well, it is his, so I'll sigh and hope he's right, because if he isn't, he won't be getting a replacement any time soon ever.

I do empathize with my boy, as I did the same thing when I was a boy and occasionally suffered the pain of it all when I went too far with my tinkering.

John Boy

Sherrif
This is difficult for me. It may be his but I also talked to him about taking things apart. And more than likely I play the system with him as much as he does alone LOL. If it doesn't work, I may dissemble some pants and apply some heat to a young boys bottom.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

ivor

Marshall
Kat wrote:Well, it is his, so I'll sigh and hope he's right, because if he isn't, he won't be getting a replacement any time soon.

Kat

Short, sweet and sooooooo right. Very Happy

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
The boy's a genius. I think I'll take him out on a midnight trip to the local atm. pirat

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

squarecutter

Sherrif
A smart young man and an electrical engineer in the making but while I can wear him taking his own things apart I will find a tool of my own and test his resistance if he ever takes any more of the family's electrical appliances apart. I like the idea of him earning extra money by effecting repairs for people in the neighborhood which should help satisfy his curiosity and stop taking apart things that are working fine

Pi Beta

Deputy
I'm going to help him set up his own repair business - recycling & repairing discarded items salvaged from the tip. BUT, the trade off will be the promise of a very severe spanking if he takes apart anything I and the rest of the family own that is working just out of curiosity.

Jack

Admin
First of all, the video game is NOT an appliance. Assuming that it is his game, then he's also correct. However, I also hope he's right about being able to put it back together and get it working, because I'm not replacing it if he's wrong.

I need to either talk to an electronics/appliance repair person or find a good site online. If I remember correctly, those things were dangerous to work on in the old days, because some parts could hold a charge (maybe that was just old televisions?). If I can find information saying that this kind of thing is safe after it's unplugged, then I won't worry too much (though I still don't want him taking our stuff apart).

I think the best way to deal with this is to get him an electronic/robot science kit, and maybe some books on the subject. If he's still interested in appliances, maybe he can save up some money to buy old wants from a second hand shop to satisfy this need.

No spanking this time, but I'm going to be sure to explain that no means no, and again means a sore bottom.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Jkher

Trailboss
Yeah, I can't see spanking him for this either... If it doesn't work after, he's managed to punish himself.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Jkher

Padraig

Trailboss
Jack wrote:If I remember correctly, those things were dangerous to work on in the old days, because some parts could hold a charge (maybe that was just old televisions?).

As long as you don't open the power supply you can happily mess around inside a game system, computer or flat screen TV while it is still running. It usually 12V max. O.k., you shouldn't squeeze transistors while charged but even if it's not really dangerous. However, a scratch on a circuit board often means an early dead of the machine.

So, as long as the power plug is out, there's no risk whatwever. The fun starts at plugging it again... Cool

However, if he managed a blue ray disk player he's likely to manage the game system too. But, as it's been said already, taking a working device apart is not really the wisest thing to do. No spanking this time. We will have to figure out together how to canalise his interest.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum