Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD Extra 12-13-12: Trouble At Two Houses

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD Extra 12-13-12: Trouble At Two Houses on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:26 am

Jack

Admin
Setting the scene: As most of you probably know, Parker, who is 11, has moved back in with me during this year. At this time, he still attends school at Nora Woods, since his mom's house is in that attendance zone. Because that's pretty much on the other side of town, he doesn't see his school friends often afterwards.

Despite being 11, Parker's a boy who needs a lot of sleep, and you find it necessary to require a 9:30 bedtime for him... He just doesn't function well on less than nine hours sleep and sometimes needs a little more, and a 9:30 bedtime gets him nine hours, plus gives him an extra thirty minutes leeway if he's real tired. There is some complaint, because he didn't have to go to bed until 10pm at his mother's house, but there wasn't too much trouble about it.

Last night, after saying good night to Parker and Van's older brothers, you hear some giggling coming from Parker and Van's room. Sticking your head in the door to tell them to quiet down and get to sleep, you see Van already crashed, but a big lump reveals Parker's doing something under the covers. After a moment, it moves around enough for you to tell there's a light under there, so you go and interrupt him.

It turns out that, at some point, Parker has liberated one of the pre-paid cell phones you keep for younger boys and emergency use, and he and his best friend, Joey, have been carrying on a text conversation.

Parker and Joey, both 11

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How do you deal with this? Keep in mind that you don't have text enabled on this phone, so each one costs you a quarter, though the money's not a problem. Also, you don't actually know if Joey is breaking any rules by this activity.

Yes, this actually did occur last night. I'll post how I dealt with it (and any updates to the Spankorama, if any are required) this evening.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

squarecutter

Sherrif
First I am impounding the cell phone. I will tell Parker I am dealing with this in the morning. I shall text Joey and tell him 'Parker needs to sleep, Goodnight, Jack.' He can now wonder whether his folks will be told. For that I will check to see what am going to be billed for and whether it is serious enough to involve his folks.

I'm not sure if Parker will sleep well after my intervention but so be it. He will fetch his paddle and we will deal with this before he has breakfast tomorrow. Liberating a cell without permission is a form of theft even if Parker may not think of it in those terms. He was also well aware it was wrong as he was texting beneath his bed clothes so Parker will be a sore young man when I've finished with him. He will at least be wide awake Evil or Very Mad

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Sorry kiddo, you've earned a sore rear.

This is theft and deliberate disobedience; you know what that buys.

I'll let you say goodbye to your friend and confiscate the phone. After that, we discuss whether you want to sleep on your tummy (get it over with) or wait until morning. Your choice on that but no choice on the fact that a spanking is coming.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Burying himself under the covers Parker clearly new he was doing wrong. I will take possession of the phone and switch it off. Joey can wonder.

Then to avoid disturbing Van we'll take a trip (with his paddle if he has one) down to the office to sort out business.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

John Boy

Sherrif
I would say it depends on several things. One how is Parker reacting. Two should the text cost come up is he willing to pay it. C Will I have trouble with him in the morning. If any of those things equals problems then Yes he is getting a spanking. If not then he gets a stern warning maybe a few warning shots across the bow and back to bed.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

David M. Katz

Marshall
MemoryMan wrote:Burying himself under the covers Parker clearly new he was doing wrong. I will take possession of the phone and switch it off. Joey can wonder.

Then to avoid disturbing Van we'll take a trip (with his paddle if he has one) down to the office to sort out business.

I concur!

He knew he did wrong and yes, this constitutes theft, so I think he cuts a switch.

7 Re: BOTD Extra 12-13-12: Trouble At Two Houses on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:19 am

Stone Man

Marshall
I'm tempted to text Joey that Parker will no longer be available this evening as he's about to get a spanking for taking and using the cellphone without permission, and as a way to help him get to sleep. That should leave Joey with an anticipatory tingling if his parents are spankers, and his not knowing if I'll be calling them.

There are multiple reasons for spanking Parker, but I'd like to see if we can settle it without me giving him one. Much depends on all the lead-up activities and how many second chances I've handed out to him in recent times. What he did isn't all that upsetting to me coming across as a "dumb" kid activity rather than outright disobedience.

Twisted Evil I'd like them both bare and over my lap, but it's too early for Christmas presents to be unwrapped.

LLALVA

Trailboss
Shocked Parker knew it was not allowed as he was under the covers.

I would tell him to say good by and to give me the phone. And take him out of the room, to let Van sleep.

I would talk to Parker in my room/office and I am sure he'll know he is in trouble.

Aw.

Hugs

Leti

Jkher

Trailboss
I'd tell him to sign off and hand me the phone.

He needs to get some sleep and we'll talk about it in the morning. I'm not sure that he knew the texts would be an extra, but I'll explain that to him.

If he's just trying something he's seen his older brothers do, then it's a warning this time, but sore rear the next.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Jkher

10 Re: BOTD Extra 12-13-12: Trouble At Two Houses on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:22 am

talebearer

Cowboy
I would retrieve the phone. This is not what it's for. And if he isn't paying up in coin of the realm, then he pays off in sore hide.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Talebearer

11 Re: BOTD Extra 12-13-12: Trouble At Two Houses on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:27 am

Jack

Admin
I seem to come in pretty middle of the road with my response.

I understand Parker's desire to text, and to talk to his friend. I even understand the impulse to stay up late.

If he'd stayed up late reading, I would have rolled him over and rubbed his back until he'd gone to sleep. If he'd been in the living room, texting with one of his brother's phones (or talking to Joey on the house phone), I would have sent him to bed.

While I don't consider it actual theft, Parker knows he's not supposed to be digging through the stuff in my office, and he knows those phones aren't for his regular use. My phone bill hasn't updated yet, but it looks like they ran up not quite $20 in fees. I'll probably just take part of that out of his allowance, and make him do extra chores for the majority of it.

I had him get the spoon from his desk, then we went to my bedroom. His briefs came off, and he went over my lap for a deluxe session. I warned him that he'd be getting extra, since the spanking was for going in my office and getting something he knew he wasn't supposed to, but the sneaking and staying up late hadn't made things better. He knew he was in trouble, and was sobbing a bit before he got in position.

When it was over, I cuddled him until he had calmed down. He was literally worn out at that point, and I nearly had to hold him up while we washed his face, then I carried him back to bed.

He slept pretty hard, and was a bit hard to wake the next morning, but he made it to out the door on time, with just a little help.

12 Re: BOTD Extra 12-13-12: Trouble At Two Houses on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:31 am

Jack

Admin
Almost forgot to mention...

I talked to Joey last night. He swears he isn't supposed to be in bed until 10pm, and he didn't realize it was past Parker's bedtime. I told him that I'd believe him, and I wasn't going to hold him responsible for Parker violating his rules, but that I would talk to Joey's dad if something similar happened again.

He didn't seem to concerned, so I'm guessing he was honest about nothing wrong happening from his end.

13 Re: BOTD Extra 12-13-12: Trouble At Two Houses on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:21 am

squarecutter

Sherrif

I carried him back to bed.He slept pretty hard, and was a bit hard to wake the next morning, but he made it to out the door on time, with just a little help.[/quote]

He does need to avoid needing a little help getting up in the morning!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum