a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 12-16-12 Vengence Is Mine - A John Boy Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
VENGENCE IS MINE

A John Boy Production

You have two sons, Adam is thirteen and Eric is eleven. They enjoy playing video games together. Eric seems to really enjoy the time with his big brother.

Recently Adam purchased a game with his own money and Eric hates the game. Adam has been spending most of his video game time playing the new game alone as he wants to beat it.

ERIC - 11 & ADAM - 13

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Eric, being jealous of the time with the new game, takes an Exacto knife from a craft set and cuts deep scratches in the game disc. No one knows Eric damaged the game. When Adam goes to play his game the system will not load the data so he looks at the disc and sees the cuts. Adam knows immediately what happened even though he has no proof. He takes the disc to your spouse. Your spouse asks Eric and he denies touching the game. The two boys argue but your spouse cuts them off and tells Adam there is no proof so he needs to drop it and he and Eric need to work out their differences.

You later hear a loud commotion from the boys' room. You check and the two are fighting. Adam has Eric held down and is punching his arm. Eric is yelling and trying to hit back. You break up the fight and demand an answer.

Adam tells you that Eric damaged his game and that your spouse instructed him to work it out. Eric is still denying his act of vandalism.

What do you do?

John Boy

Sherrif
Another partially true scenario. I will give details later.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm afraid the parental response, "Work it out," is not good enough in this situation. It invites Adam to do what he did. As a parent, I have to realize that the scratches didn't get on the disc by themselves. The explanations for how they got there seem pretty limited. While I'm reluctant to punish a kid without proof, circumstantial evidence can be very convincing.

I'm going to consider the matter between the brothers as even, as it would hardly make sense to add punishment to what Adam has done. I'm not going to punish Adam, as I would feel responsible for what he did.

I'll replace Adam's game and take a portion of Eric's allowance each week until I'm reimbursed.

Kat

David M. Katz

Marshall
As much as I want to spank someone, I think Kat is on the right track.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
The K Team speaks for me.

AFinch

Sherrif
The third member of the K club concurs with the first two.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'll be fourth in line with the proviso that the chunks I'll take from Eric's allowance will be sufficiently large to send a message.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Padraig

Trailboss
ditto

ivor

Marshall
Can't argue with the K Club, but for not dealing with the situation as she should have done, I'm gonna spank the spouse. Very Happy

Does that solve your problem Katz?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

CHRIS

Trailboss
Although the scenario says that young Eric has done the dastardly deed with his little hatchet...er Exacto knife...in reality, the parent...ie me in this case...would have no proof.

Yes! No doubt I would suspect the little guy of sabotage, but he is loudly denying it!

So! Short of racking Eric or using the thumb-screws, I have no evidence of his guilt.

I would certainly question him very, very closely, but if he insists upon his innocence, and I have no way of proving otherwise, for the sake of fairness I would have to let him rip!

But I would make it very clear to him, that although I cannot prove his wrong-doing, I have abundant circumstantial evidence to lead me to suspect his involvement.

I would tell him, that he has the option of telling me the absolute truth now, and if he does, I will go easy on him!

I would put him on the spot, tell him to look me directly in the eye, and ask him if he can deny the charge against him?

And I will warn him, that if he does not own up now, and I find out he has lied, woe betide his little bottom; because he won't sit down comfortably for a week!

In the circumstances, I don't think asking Adam to work this out with his brother was a great idea, as I don't think that Adam is going to be quite so scrupulous as me in being even handed.

I think that I would have been better to warn him off taking matters into his own hands.

squarecutter

Sherrif
CHRIS wrote:Although the scenario says that young Eric has done the dastardly deed with his little hatchet...er Exacto knife...in reality, the parent...ie me in this case...would have no proof.

Yes! No doubt I would suspect the little guy of sabotage, but he is loudly denying it!

So! Short of racking Eric or using the thumb-screws, I have no evidence of his guilt.

I would certainly question him very, very closely, but if he insists upon his innocence, and I have no way of proving otherwise, for the sake of fairness I would have to let him rip!

But I would make it very clear to him, that although I cannot prove his wrong-doing, I have abundant circumstantial evidence to lead me to suspect his involvement.

I would tell him, that he has the option of telling me the absolute truth now, and if he does, I will go easy on him!

I would put him on the spot, tell him to look me directly in the eye, and ask him if he can deny the charge against him?

And I will warn him, that if he does not own up now, and I find out he has lied, woe betide his little bottom; because he won't sit down comfortably for a week!

In the circumstances, I don't think asking Adam to work this out with his brother was a great idea, as I don't think that Adam is going to be quite so scrupulous as me in being even handed.

I think that I would have been better to warn him off taking matters into his own hands.

Welcome back Chris. Hope you enjoyed England. I think I agree with this. I have to test the little mans resolve and shame into a confession. I will tell him that the suspicion will hang above his head and he himself would feel better for cclearing it up and apologizing. IUnless he is a pschopath his conscience aught to be punishig him and along with what he got from Adam will be enough Much as I don't like revenge being delivered in this way I think I will have to limit myself to warning Adam with a few swats to his trouser-ed seat about taking things into his own hands

Jack

Admin
First I need to talk to my spouse. Unless we've had some very weird burglars, then what happened is obvious. For that matter, telling two kids that age to work something like this out is a recipe for disaster.

I do NOT like to punish someone for something if I don't know they did it, but I'm also not going to let something like this go. I think a little detective work will probably tell us all when it happened.

Unless Eric owns up to his misbehavior, I just don't see a good response. I'm going to ask him one more time, and if he still refuses to admit it... Well, if he's really that close to Adam, I'm tempted to tell him that Adam's going to get a hairbrush spanking for damaging the disk himself, then lying about it to get Eric in trouble. I don't want to be caught in my own lie, though, so I'm probably just going to tell Eric that he's not allowed to play video games with Adam anymore, so that they amount of time Adam spends playing won't be an issue.

Then Adam and I are going to replace his game - I'll eat it this time.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Stone Man

Marshall
Jack wrote:First I need to talk to my spouse. Unless we've had some very weird burglars, then what happened is obvious. For that matter, telling two kids that age to work something like this out is a recipe for disaster.

I do NOT like to punish someone for something if I don't know they did it, but I'm also not going to let something like this go. I think a little detective work will probably tell us all when it happened.

Unless Eric owns up to his misbehavior, I just don't see a good response. I'm going to ask him one more time, and if he still refuses to admit it... Well, if he's really that close to Adam, I'm tempted to tell him that Adam's going to get a hairbrush spanking for damaging the disk himself, then lying about it to get Eric in trouble. I don't want to be caught in my own lie, though, so I'm probably just going to tell Eric that he's not allowed to play video games with Adam anymore, so that they amount of time Adam spends playing won't be an issue.

Then Adam and I are going to replace his game - I'll eat it this time.

Sounds good to me.

John Boy

Sherrif
Ok, Here is how it happened.
Spoiler:
when I first got an xbox, I had one game that I always played. Now this game happened to be a one person game. Now I knew my brother got jealous I didn't spend every waking moment with him. The game was my unwind time. One day, I think I had gotten a xbox 360 by then but still played this game. I put it in and it said unreadable disc. Sometimes it could get left out so I checked to see if it got dusty. Shocked There are huge scratches in it. I am not talking about leaving it on the table and it rubs against the wood, I am talking deep deep scratches. I did show Mom the disc and she did question my brother who denied it. She ended the conversation there, sort of. So approached me later and told me she has a feeling I am right but has no proof; that and she avoids any confrontations with my brother. Now this was many years ago and I can't remember if I had to find and buy a "new" copy or if Mom got me a copy. The big thing is the fact that now whenever I have a game I like, my brother reminds me about what happens to games I get to involved in. SO he admits it to me but, I never retaliated except venting about it now. But that wouldn't make a good BOTD Twisted Evil

I agree though that if more investigation was done it could be proven what happened.

Stone Man

Marshall
John Boy wrote:Ok, Here is how it happened.
Spoiler:
when I first got an xbox, I had one game that I always played. Now this game happened to be a one person game. Now I knew my brother got jealous I didn't spend every waking moment with him. The game was my unwind time. One day, I think I had gotten a xbox 360 by then but still played this game. I put it in and it said unreadable disc. Sometimes it could get left out so I checked to see if it got dusty. Shocked There are huge scratches in it. I am not talking about leaving it on the table and it rubs against the wood, I am talking deep deep scratches. I did show Mom the disc and she did question my brother who denied it. She ended the conversation there, sort of. So approached me later and told me she has a feeling I am right but has no proof; that and she avoids any confrontations with my brother. Now this was many years ago and I can't remember if I had to find and buy a "new" copy or if Mom got me a copy. The big thing is the fact that now whenever I have a game I like, my brother reminds me about what happens to games I get to involved in. SO he admits it to me but, I never retaliated except venting about it now. But that wouldn't make a good BOTD Twisted Evil

I agree though that if more investigation was done it could be proven what happened.

Often times poetic license is needed to make a good BOTD like this one.

John Boy

Sherrif
Stone Man wrote:
John Boy wrote:Ok, Here is how it happened.
Spoiler:

Often times poetic license is needed to make a good BOTD like this one.

I know and I worked it out with the moderators to make it work. I just felt like my version of what happened should be said.

Jack

Admin
JB, after reading for that - if you were on my Christmas list, I'd get you a safe for Christmas.

How old is your little bro again, because he really sounds like he needs some serious, quality lap time - needed it then, and still needs it now if he reminds you of this incident still.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

CHRIS

Trailboss
squarecutter wrote:
CHRIS wrote:Although the scenario says that young Eric has done the dastardly deed with his little hatchet...er Exacto knife...in reality, the parent...ie me in this case...would have no proof.

Welcome back Chris. Hope you enjoyed England. I think I agree with this. I have to test the little mans resolve and shame into a confession. I will tell him that the suspicion will hang above his head and he himself would feel better for cclearing it up and apologizing. IUnless he is a pschopath his conscience aught to be punishig him and along with what he got from Adam will be enough Much as I don't like revenge being delivered in this way I think I will have to limit myself to warning Adam with a few swats to his trouser-ed seat about taking things into his own hands

Thanks Squares!

Yes indeed!

We had a marvellous time!

Getting back into the day to day world again is a little difficult, but we're managing! Wink

We are having our beuatiful little nephews here over Xmas (With their Mum and Dad) and we are looking forward to boring them stupid with all our holiday snaps.

But we brought them all back presents, so that may take some of the 'pain' away! Laughing

John Boy

Sherrif
Jack wrote:JB, after reading for that - if you were on my Christmas list, I'd get you a safe for Christmas.
Thanks Jack a safe would be nice LOL

Jack wrote:
How old is your little bro again, because he really sounds like he needs some serious, quality lap time - needed it then, and still needs it now if he reminds you of this incident still.
He is 16 trust me he could have used a lot more spanking then, and at times could still use it now.

Stone Man

Marshall
John Boy wrote:He is 16 trust me he could have used a lot more spanking then, and at times could still use it now.

Spoken like a big brother. Laughing

What if we were to ask your little bro about you?? Razz

John Boy

Sherrif
Stone Man wrote:
John Boy wrote:He is 16 trust me he could have used a lot more spanking then, and at times could still use it now.

I was the good boy of the family, I got disciplined when needed, but tried hard to behave.

Stone Man

Marshall
John Boy wrote:
Stone Man wrote:

I was the good boy of the family, I got disciplined when needed, but tried hard to behave.

OK... I believe you Razz I believe you Razz Truly I do. Rolling Eyes

My big sister thinks the same thing about herself and me. lol!

Jkher

Trailboss
Little brothers have their job to do too tongue

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Jkher

John Boy

Sherrif
Jkher wrote:Little brothers have their job to do too tongue
Suspect Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes No No No Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

pushkin

Cowboy
While broadly agreeing the the K club, and without having read all the previous comments, my other reaction is to question what I am doing married to a woman who cannot tell when her sons are lying and extract the truth from them. OK, she cannot prove it, but what is this - a court of law?? Rolling Eyes

I'm with Ivor. Wink

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum