Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 2-24-13: Who's Late?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 2-24-13: Who's Late? on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm

Jack

Admin
You currently have two middle school boys living in your home - Bryce and Ethan. Bryce has just turned 14 recently, and Ethan is a couple of months shy of 13. The two of them were room mates until recently, and have a lot of friends in common.

This past Saturday, Ethan was at the house of his best friend, Bruce, having dinner. Bruce and a close friend of Bryce's, Seth, were spending the night, so the four of them could play Magic: the Gathering. Bryce and Seth had gone to Seth's house to collect some clothes and cards to play the game.

Bryce, Seth, Bruce, Ethan, and a Couple of Innocent Bystanders.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You have a strict rule that, without other permission, the boys are supposed to be home at 6pm. If someone is more than thirty minutes late, it's pretty much spanking time.

You weren't expecting Ethan to be home, because you knew he and Bruce were coming after they'd eaten dinner. However, Bryce had only asked permission to go to Seth's house to get the stuff, and nothing was said about staying.

Two of Ethan and Bryce's friends come by to see what they're up to, and you realize that it's closer to 6:45 than 6:30. As you're explaining that they aren't around, all four boys come walking up. It turns out that Seth and Bryce had decided to go by Bruce's house to see what the other two boys were up to, and they'd walked home together.

For the record, you have permission to spank all six boys and have used it. Ethan has been spanked fairly recently, but Bryce has managed to go a bit more than three months without one - since before he turned 14. While Seth's parents don't have quite the strict time requirements you do, they are sticklers for being where one is supposed to be, and Seth only had permission to be at your house.

So, is anyone in trouble, and do the unexpected guests have any effect on your decision?

Last edited by Jack on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

2 Re: BOTD 2-24-13: Who's Late? on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:14 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm having trouble understanding.

I think Ethan and Bruce had explicit permission to be late because of dinner. If I've got that right, they're off the hook.

Bryce and Seth were supposed to come back. Personally I think it was both nice and safety-minded for them to go by and walk home together with the younger boys. They should have called though. I'm going to remind them about that, but I don't think it's a spanking offense under the circumstances.

The innocent bystanders are just that, innocent bystanders. I don't think I'm going to spoil Bryce's spanking-free record over this matter.

3 Re: BOTD 2-24-13: Who's Late? on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Padraig

Trailboss
This is quite complicated. By all means they should have called. I don't know the boys or their history, but I don't really see the need of an automatic spanking.

4 Re: BOTD 2-24-13: Who's Late? on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:23 pm

Jkher

Trailboss
Spank 'em all and let God sort them out!

"OFF with their pants king !"

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Jkher

5 Re: BOTD 2-24-13: Who's Late? on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:42 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
AFinch wrote:I'm having trouble understanding.

I think Ethan and Bruce had explicit permission to be late because of dinner. If I've got that right, they're off the hook.

Bryce and Seth were supposed to come back. Personally I think it was both nice and safety-minded for them to go by and walk home together with the younger boys. They should have called though. I'm going to remind them about that, but I don't think it's a spanking offense under the circumstances.

The innocent bystanders are just that, innocent bystanders. I don't think I'm going to spoil Bryce's spanking-free record over this matter.

Yeah! What he said!

DITTO, Kier.

6 Re: BOTD 2-24-13: Who's Late? on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:34 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I agree with Kier -- K Club again.

Kat

7 Re: BOTD 2-24-13: Who's Late? on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:39 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
David M. Katz wrote:
AFinch wrote:I'm having trouble understanding.

Yeah! What he said!

DITTO, Kier.

Ditto to the Ditto

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

8 Re: BOTD 2-24-13: Who's Late? on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:32 am

ivor

Marshall
Permission to join the K Club?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

9 Re: BOTD 2-24-13: Who's Late? on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:33 am

AFinch

Sherrif
Permission granted

10 Re: BOTD 2-24-13: Who's Late? on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:24 am

Jack

Admin
I guess there are two facts that were left out of the original scenario that I should supply.

First, Bryce and Seth asked if they could 'go to Seth's house to get a couple of things.' It was about 5:15 when they left, and Seth's house is maybe a 5 minute casual stroll.

Second, Bruce's apartment is nearly a 15 minute walk. It's also northwest of my home, while Seth's home is east of mine, so Bryce and Seth had to nearly walk past my house to get to Bruce's.

11 Re: BOTD 2-24-13: Who's Late? on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:23 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
Seth might argue he was with your boys and doing what memebers of your houe were doing. The boys might argue that it was an innocent stop off on the way over. This is on where boy logic clashes with parent logic. so who wins. I think in the case of the other two it may depend how familiar they are with your household. I think I may allow the boys to get on with their game an then deal with it at bed time. Hard stingoers and a reminder to use a phone and ask permission to be late back. It's not that there was anything potentially dangerous just that it wasn't in the script. Seth though may have got out of jail by my not telling his folks. I cannot quite let him off so Bryce gets a bit too. I think I roll the Bit about Bryce's paddle on a month without taking the prospect of it coming off the table, It was sailing close to the wind though.

Last edited by squarecutter on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total

12 Re: BOTD 2-24-13: Who's Late? on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:31 am

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
Tricky one, this. scratch

13 Re: BOTD 2-24-13: Who's Late? on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:18 am

John Boy

Sherrif
Jack wrote:I guess there are two facts that were left out of the original scenario that I should supply.

First, Bryce and Seth asked if they could 'go to Seth's house to get a couple of things.' It was about 5:15 when they left, and Seth's house is maybe a 5 minute casual stroll.

Second, Bruce's apartment is nearly a 15 minute walk. It's also northwest of my home, while Seth's home is east of mine, so Bryce and Seth had to nearly walk past my house to get to Bruce's.

With that in mind, their fate is sealed.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

14 Re: BOTD 2-24-13: Who's Late? on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:36 am

kalico

Sherrif
I was also going to be in the "K CLUB" until Jack's last post so.....with that being said I think then, that Bryce and seth sould be puished if they were that close they could have come home and asked you real quick like. From the sounds of it Ethan and his friend are safe I think, unless I have that wrong, if I do then they are also in trouble for the missed curfew if he didnt have special permission.

I am also a stickler with being were you are supose to be.....

hugs kal

15 Re: BOTD 2-24-13: Who's Late? on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
I made my commets blind and appeared to be out on a limb. I am strengthened in my view by Jacks later comments that stingoers are in order. I still think I understand why they did it but they could have and should have checked in first

16 Re: BOTD 2-24-13: Who's Late? on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:35 pm

Jack

Admin
For the record, I did paddle Bryce and Seth, and yes, that's paddle, not spank.

As boys get older, I try to give them more freedom, either on how long they're gone, or how specific they have to be about where they're going. The more responsible they show me they are, the more freedom they get in both areas.

In this case, they got permission to go to Seth's house 'to get some stuff'. To me, that's there and back. I didn't have much trouble with them hanging around for a while or something, but going someplace twice as far as coming home would have been, on top of being well past the time they were supposed to be back did it for them.

Since Ethan and Bruce weren't in trouble, and since Tristan and Tyler had no idea what was even happening, I did give them the chance to put it off for a while.

Tristan and Tyler aren't into the card games like the other four are, so the two of them stayed for dinner, then took off. At that point, Bryce and Seth joined me in my office, and I let them drop their own pants and bend over for three swats each with the small Lexan.

I'm pretty sure they'll both be thinking about when and where they're supposed to be someplace for a while.

17 Re: BOTD 2-24-13: Who's Late? Today at 3:47 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum