Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 3/6/13 "You Should Have Seen The One That Got Away" A 1 StrappedBoy Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
You Should Have Seen The One That Got Away
A 1 Strapped Boy Production
It is your first Summer as stepfather to the boys and by this time they have discovered that daddy spanks when needed. Ten year old Darren has gotten over his fear of you and has shown himself to be a bit of an act first/think later sort of kid. So much so in fact that he has to date been the winner of 'most spanked kid' in your family.

While on a trip with the extended family, you allow him to go out with his cousins to the shore telling him that he's not to go into the water without you or one of his uncles with him. You all have a great week together and are home.

A couple weeks later your brother in law visits your house, telling you he has pictures back from our trip. He's passing pics around and you see.....

Darren - 10
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Darren, not thinking says, "You should have seen the one that got away!"
You ask when he was on the boat to catch that fish as you had not taken him fishing this time. Darren responds, "Ed (his older cousin) rented a boat on Wednesday."

Recognition dawns in his eyes as he realizes he just gave himself away as there were NO adults in the boat.

Having been caught, is Darren getting away?

AFinch

Sherrif
It depends.

How much older is Ed? I'm guessing if he was able to rent a boat by himself, he's older than 11 or 12, or even 14.

As a boy Darren's age, I was often left with babysitters who were 15. Most girls didn't babysit anymore once they turned sixteen, since they could now drive. We considered them, as little kids, to be de facto "adults" (though I'm sure their own parents did not).

If that's the case here, Darren is getting a pass. Presumably, my brother-in-law has seen the picture, already knows what happened and was neither shocked nor horrified. That being the case, I'm not spanking Darren for this now, especially not weeks after the "misbehavior".

John Boy

Sherrif
Well if Ed isn't an adult he knows the rules. I don't like spanking long after the fact but he seems to understand he messed up. Sorry son you are not the one who got away, come here.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

David M. Katz

Marshall
I think 2 weeks may be a little long for a ten year old to attach consequences to actions. Had I found out then, I would have spanked him. Now we are going to sit down and talk about it and why there was a rule.

Stone Man

Marshall
If Ed is old enough to rent a boat, I'm thinking he is old enough to be considered an adult figure by a ten year old boy. And unless Ed had been privy to my rule his taking my boy fishing was just a nice thing an older cousin would do for a younger one.

Darren escapes.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm in the K Club. If Ed is old enough to rent the boat, I consider him old enough to be a responsible party. I wish Darren were wearing a PFD, which would go a long way towards confirming my faith in Ed's supervision.

Kat

kalico

Sherrif
Ditto the "K CLUB" on this one also.....

hugs kal

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Oh geez, another time my guys would have wished for a Bransom dad.

I spanked Dar quite thoroughly for this one! Eddie was only 15 and I was quite clear about 'no one but an adult takes you on the water'. Having seen the pic and Darren's own admission, I felt that there was little else I could do. See, there was a learning curve at hand!!

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Where's the problem? He didn't go INTO the water.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

ivor

Marshall
Good point MM!

Otherwise I agree that (a) it is too long after the event for a spanking and (b) if Eddie was old enough at 15 to rent the boat and then ask Darren to come with him, I can hardly see the kid treating tht as anything other than an 'official' invitation.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Pi Beta

Deputy
He's not IN the water, he's ON it. He can wonder whether my frown at the time I'm shown this picture will result in a warm bottom when the relation has left - but it won't.

It's too long ago and pedantic me messed up when I said not INTO the water when I should have sait INTO or ONTO.

squarecutter

Sherrif
How old is Ed. May be Darren thought that if he was competent to hire a boat it would be ok. Could Ed be in trouble for taking a boat out or taking Darren with him. That us Dads will have to clear up between us. Is on the water in the water. Too many questions. I think Darren and I will then have a chat about just what the rules are and why we need to get permission. It is also now some time backand Darren is clearly under the impression he did no wrong Unless I know better I will let it go at that THIS time.

squarecutter

Sherrif
1strappedboy wrote:Oh geez, another time my guys would have wished for a Bransom dad.

I spanked Dar quite thoroughly for this one! Eddie was only 15 and I was quite clear about 'no one but an adult takes you on the water'. Having seen the pic and Darren's own admission, I felt that there was little else I could do. See, there was a learning curve at hand!!

As you can guess I wrote my response before I read this. I'm glad I did in a way. Its clear you made the rules a lot more clear in real life than they were in the scenario presented. May be its mor fun to leave virtual "Dads" some wiggle room in BOTDs

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I told Darren not to go into the water and he did not! The fact that I should have also told him not to get into a boat without a life preserver, but did not, is my fault, not his.

Iconoclast

Jack

Admin
How old is Ed, that he managed to rent a boat?

I have a feeling that, between the fact that he did do this safely, and that time has passed, I will make more of an impact by discussing both why I made the rules, and pointing out that, if I can't trust him to obey me when I'm not right there, then I'm not going to be able to trust him out of my sight.

A spanking is probably in order for this, but my feeling is that the time for it has passed.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum