View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Dan as in Dandy?
An Ivor Production
This is your 16 year old son Dan.
Dan
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Four days ago he took the family car without permission and on returning to the drive managed to scrape the side of it along the wall of the house causing significant damage to the bodywork. When you saw the damage you rather lost your rag and told him you were going to whip his butt for it. You thought he had gone to his room to wait for you, but when you arrived he had climbed out of the window and vanished.

Today you return home and see him sitting on the step.

Is he still going to get the original whipping? Are you going to add anything to it for the angst he has caused you and your wife by running away?

John Boy

Sherrif
He gets hugs first, maybe whipping later. Plain and simple.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

AFinch

Sherrif
Like JB, I'm going to give him hugs first.

I'm going to apologize for "losing my rag", but I'm also going to point out that he committed "grand theft auto", not the game, and damaged the car to boot. I assume that either he is a licensed driver on my policy at 16, or that he's covered (or rather I am) under my uninsured motorist's coverage, but otherwise, I'm stuck paying for that out of pocket as well.

I have little doubt my dad would have whipped me if I'd ever done anything that stupid, and I will tell him so. If he is vehement that he is too old, we will find some other punishment, but he's not getting away with this scot free, and the attempted manipulation by running away is going to earn him more, not less, punishment. If we both still agree he's got a whipping coming, and he still refuses, the restrictions he'll receive will make a whipping seem like a walk in the park.

David M. Katz

Marshall
Am I reading this right? My sixteen year old son has been missing for 4 days?

I can't believe I have not called the police, the FBI, the National Guard, the President, Scotland Yard, the KGB, the CIA, and Uncle Jack.

I will be glad he is safely home and I will hug him to pieces.

I do need to apologize to him and we need to talk things through.

I really can't see spanking him is going to solve a thing. He does need some sort of sanction for stealing my car and for running away but we will work that out when we talk.

Do we need to look into family counseling?

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
He did a stupid thing, and I reacted badly to it, so he did a second stupid thing by running off. Dan and I have a lot of talking to do. I don't want him ever to feel he must leave home -- especially for four days. I want to know why he ran away, as well as where he has been. Then we can address the original issue.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around why he would have taken off. I lost my rag, but surely I've never given him reason to be afraid of me. I can't imagine that at sixteen he is truly frightened of a whipping, as he would know from experience that I couldn't and wouldn't do anything unreasonably harsh. I don't think after the running off that I would have any stomach for whipping him.

Kat

Kittykat

Deputy
David M. Katz wrote:Am I reading this right? My sixteen year old son has been missing for 4 days?

I can't believe I have not called the police, the FBI, the National Guard, the President, Scotland Yard, the KGB, the CIA, and Uncle Jack.

That made me LOL out loud and spit out my drink, thanks Dave! LOL.

As for Dan, he's getting a huge hug, a full belly, a shower, and possibly a spanking to remember. But first, my kid needs some TLC and I need to let my heart rate return to normal.

Jkher

Trailboss
I'm just glad he's home... We can talk about what needs to happen next.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Jkher

squarecutter

Sherrif
4 days? Have there been search parties? I think when the police, relatives and concerned locals have departed Dan , my spouse and I need to have a very long talk. I think this is way beyond being dealt with with a spanking. Dan is not far from adulthood and his disappearance , childish on one level was a real warning shot.
Is he in what he left home in. Has he been harboured by friend or sleeping rough with other homeless people. What has he done for food.

There won't be a spanking unless Dan himself thinks he needs one. I think losing his allowance and driving priveleges for a bit would not be unreasonable but mainly we need to get Dan back down to earth, make him feel he is loved still and try to get him back to the family and work out what he was thinking. Would we need family counselling.

For now though I just feel grateful we have our boy home.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'm starting a squares club. especially....

.....For now though I just feel grateful we have our boy home.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I'm having a rather tough time wrapping my brain around this one

Like DMK, I would have had the searching parties out in full force. Once I found him we would need to talk long and deep re the disappearance.

In reality though, my boys all know that a chat and (in this instance) stropping is inevitable. It will 'clear the debt' and life will return to what passes as normal.

Stone Man

Marshall
1strappedboy wrote:I'm having a rather tough time wrapping my brain around this one

Like DMK, I would have had the searching parties out in full force. Once I found him we would need to talk long and deep re the disappearance.

In reality though, my boys all know that a chat and (in this instance) stropping is inevitable. It will 'clear the debt' and life will return to what passes as normal.

I can't imagine not having search parties out and calls to the parents of all our friends. But that being the case I'll start off hugging him (not strangling him) and work down from there.

We will talk, and I'll try to be understanding of why he ran away. At sixteen, never actually, spanking/lickin's/whippin's were never removed from the punishment arsenal for me or my real boys, so I think Dan knows what awaits him before bedtime tonight.

If CP is the issue, I'll let him know that I'm willing to discuss alternate punishments but would be receptive if the talk occurred after his punishment for this misbehavior.

Last edited by Stone Man on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

This kid's a little old for my taste, but I'm posting anyway, just to say I like the phrase "serious damage to the bodywork." Sounds prophetic. Twisted Evil

David M. Katz

Marshall
Boy Smack wrote:This kid's a little old for my taste, but I'm posting anyway, just to say I like the phrase "serious damage to the bodywork." Sounds prophetic. Twisted Evil

BOY SMACK!!

It is good to see you back!

Jack

Admin
I'm not sure what it means to lose your rag, but this is a good example of why you can't afford to do it. Should I have been upset with Dan? Definitely, and multiple times. Still, I should have made sure he was okay, talked to him calmly about why he was in trouble, and then, with his input, decided on a punishment. Instead, I probably scared the crap out of him.

He's getting hugs, a shower, food, and a warm bed. Tomorrow is time enough to sort out when he gets the sore rear he has coming.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

squarecutter

Sherrif
Jack wrote:I'm not sure what it means to lose your rag, but this is a good example of why you can't afford to do it. Should I have been upset with Dan? Definitely, and multiple times. Still, I should have made sure he was okay, talked to him calmly about why he was in trouble, and then, with his input, decided on a punishment. Instead, I probably scared the crap out of him.

He's getting hugs, a shower, food, and a warm bed. Tomorrow is time enough to sort out when he gets the sore rear he has coming.
lose your rag
For rag read temper, almost to the point of not being in control of yourself. Probably frightening to a kid if you are responsible for their correction,

Stone Man

Marshall
squarecutter wrote:
Jack wrote:I'm not sure what it means to lose your rag, but this is a good example of why you can't afford to do it. Should I have been upset with Dan? Definitely, and multiple times. Still, I should have made sure he was okay, talked to him calmly about why he was in trouble, and then, with his input, decided on a punishment. Instead, I probably scared the crap out of him.

lose your rag
For rag read temper, almost to the point of not being in control of yourself. Probably frightening to a kid if you are responsible for their correction,

Called "Duck and Cover" in my day. Razz

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum