Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD Extra 3-9-13: Sauce for the Goose

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD Extra 3-9-13: Sauce for the Goose on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:08 pm

Jack

Admin
You have a very strict rule that public school students in your home aren't allowed to go to concerts on school nights. You have made very rare, very special exceptions in the past.

Today, some of your teenage sons...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

... found out that you and your boyfriend are going to see Shinedown on 21 April, which is a Sunday night. They had no real objection to it, until they found out that you weren't taking them with you. Now you're being accused of being a hypocrite, and they've began muttering about Civil Disobedience every time they see you near.

How are you going to deal with this matter, Captain Bligh?

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

2 Re: BOTD Extra 3-9-13: Sauce for the Goose on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:29 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
Sunday is a school night.

You aren't a student. They are. You are allowed to a concert sans kids if you want to. You ARE the boss of them, whether they like it or not.

I'm going to tell the boys to suck it up. Going to concerts is a privilege, not a right. I'm going to remind them I'm ONLY required to provide them with food, clothing, and shelter, and those things don't need by law to be nearly as nice as what they already get.

3 Re: BOTD Extra 3-9-13: Sauce for the Goose on Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:51 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
I don't have to go to school do I? One of the few advantages of getting older. There aren't many. We shall how uncivil they plan to be

4 Re: BOTD Extra 3-9-13: Sauce for the Goose on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:35 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
You are the adult, they are not. They attend school, you do not. You have a right to see a concert with your friend if you want.

If they continue to act like little kids over the matter then they can get a reminder of how little kids are dealt with in the family.

5 Re: BOTD Extra 3-9-13: Sauce for the Goose on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
David M. Katz wrote:If they continue to act like little kids over the matter then they can get a reminder of how little kids are dealt with in the family.

And BIG kids too, Katz from what I read once ans awhile. Smile They can bend over for three each with my belt if they should need reminders of how whacks will feel.

You're the adult and they are not. Sounds as if things might actually have been planned this way, not that adults may want and/or need to get away from the twerps every now and then.

6 Re: BOTD Extra 3-9-13: Sauce for the Goose on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:08 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
Stone Man wrote:
David M. Katz wrote:If they continue to act like little kids over the matter then they can get a reminder of how little kids are dealt with in the family.

And BIG kids too, Katz from what I read once ans awhile. Smile They can bend over for three each with my belt if they should need reminders of how whacks will feel.

You're the adult and they are not. Sounds as if things might actually have been planned this way, not that adults may want and/or need to get away from the twerps every now and then.

Ditto to both of you

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

7 Re: BOTD Extra 3-9-13: Sauce for the Goose on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:21 am

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Amen 'brothers'!!!

Two parental quotes oft used in my direction come to mind:

"There is one person in charge here and it isn't you." and "As long as you are under my roof I'll punish you as I see fit."

Or.....
"A boy only learns when thoroughly beaten." and "Go to the barn and prepare yourself!" quoth A. Danelov.

8 Re: BOTD Extra 3-9-13: Sauce for the Goose on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:08 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
1strappedboy wrote:Amen 'brothers'!!!

Two parental quotes oft used in my direction come to mind:

"There is one person in charge here and it isn't you." and "As long as you are under my roof I'll punish you as I see fit."

Or.....
"A boy only learns when thoroughly beaten." and "Go to the barn and prepare yourself!" quoth A. Danelov.

I like the red set better.

9 Re: BOTD Extra 3-9-13: Sauce for the Goose on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:18 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Stoney:

So did I but the second set more often than not followed the the first. affraid

10 Re: BOTD Extra 3-9-13: Sauce for the Goose on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:48 am

Jack

Admin
For the record, my first response was very close to what most of you said - I own the company, so I can get the boss's permission to come in late one day; I only need about 6.5 hours of sleep a night, and civil disobedience will be dealt with by posterior heating.

On the other hand, I'm considering letting the kids that are interested attend, with the understanding that any trouble getting them up the next morning, or any trouble at school the next day that seems related, will result in very sore backsides.

I haven't said anything yet, because I'm always worried about setting bad precedents.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

11 Re: BOTD Extra 3-9-13: Sauce for the Goose on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:51 am

Stone Man

Marshall
Jack wrote:For the record, my first response was very close to what most of you said - I own the company, so I can get the boss's permission to come in late one day; I only need about 6.5 hours of sleep a night, and civil disobedience will be dealt with by posterior heating.

On the other hand, I'm considering letting the kids that are interested attend, with the understanding that any trouble getting them up the next morning, or any trouble at school the next day that seems related, will result in very sore backsides.

I haven't said anything yet, because I'm always worried about setting bad precedents.

You're mellowing, Jack, just as you should be as you mature as a parent.

I understand how easy it is for kids to think this is a new precedent for which they WILL be entitled when they are older even if is made clear that this is an offer of the moment and does not extend to the future. The fact

Jack, give it a try and see if/hope they rise to the occasion. I would even consider adding the onus that the chances of offers to them and others will/maybe dependent on how well they handle this opportunity.

Twisted Evil Then go in early the next morning complaining they're not up like they should be and give 'em all a batch of stingoors. Twisted Evil What a Face

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum