Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 3/13/13 "FOR THE BIRDS" A Kitty Kat Prod.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
FOR THE BIRDS
A KittyKat Production

Your son, thirteen year old Wade, has been suspended from school for five days. Wade is a good kid and a bright and well-liked student. His school does not use corporal punishment. Every year his school plays the cross town school in basketball and it is a strong rivalry. The rival school's mascot is a cockateil named Petrie who lives outside the rival school's main office..

Wade thought it would be fun to stir the rivalry between the schools and so he managed to steal Petrie the evening before the big game. Wade simply walked in the rival school and removed Petrie, cage and all, and was not observed. Wade hid the bird at a friend's house and made sure it was fed and watered. Wade intended to return Petrie after the game was over. The missing mascot became a serious issue. Wade did not realize the problems that would be caused by Petrie's disappearance. In the midst of the turmoil, Wade reported he had taken the bird and it was well cared for. Wade returned the bird after school unharmed and in good health. Wade was suspended.

Wade - 13
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Petrie The Mascot
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What is your response to Wade's suspension?

Last edited by David M. Katz on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

AFinch

Sherrif
No animals, nor children, were harmed in the making of this BOTD.

Taking school mascots has been a time honored prank forever. Petrie was unharmed and well cared for (unlike the horse in Animal House). Wade has already been punished at school.

If I were Dimitri, "punished at school = punished at home". Since I'm me, I'm going to take a more Las Vegas-like approach--in this case, what happened at school stays at school.

If Wade is allowed to receive his assignments while suspended, he'll be working on those. If not, I'll find him something constructive to do.

Personally, I think school suspensions are an idiotic punishment. The only possible way for suspension to work is for an inconvenienced parent to then come down hard on the suspended child. It's not a teaching tool--it's a way to pass the buck. In this case, I think it's an ill-advised overreaction.

David M. Katz

Marshall
Wade has suffered from a case of failure to engage brain before acting. He meant nothing malicious by his actions. He also owned up quickly in order to calm the chaos.

I think the school overreacted. Wade and I will go in and talk to the principal tomorrow. I think we can get his punishment commuted to something where the "punishment fits the crime." I think suspension is way OTT. But I would support a couple of days of detention or a writing assignment to help Wade to remember to think before acting. No punishment from me.

Too bad the school doesn't use CP. This would have been a very appropriate time to give 2 licks and move on.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I will assign Wade to study various politically incorrect subjects and historical events. After Wade gets back he will be able to expose many of the PC lies the school is teaching!

Iconoclast

John Boy

Sherrif
I will talk to his Principle, however he will serve the time he has to. I will add a writing assignment to him. He will be writing letters of apology to both schools.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

1strappedboy

Sherrif
There aren't enough words in the English language to cover my contempt for suspension as a punishment.

I recognize a practical joke with no serious issues surrounding it but Wade has trespassed and technically stolen, even if just temporarily.

Yes Doc, I will punish him for getting in trouble @ school but it won't be earth shattering as I believe this suspension to be OTT. Said punishment really is for failure to engage his brain and recognize how hysterical modern schools are.

Stone Man

Marshall
Oh for Pete's sakes... I will be having a discussion with the principal about Wade's suspension. The effected school would have been better served had Wade been ordered to provide some community service to them after school and on weekends while still attending his classes. Now I'm forced to be a jailer unless I can take him to work with me and get some child labor out of him.

Any chance the school he took the bird from still uses CP? If so I'll send him over as long as the suspension at his school is ended.

Oh what the heck. I've got a cute looking kiddo here. Bet he'd look great, bare and over my lap for a protracted spanking. I might has well get something for all the extra work I'm having to put forth. Razz

Twisted Evil Embarassed Embarassed Twisted Evil Embarassed Embarassed Twisted Evil Embarassed Embarassed Twisted Evil

Where are the spanking emocons anyway??

I would demand to know why Petrie wasn't dyed in Wade's school colors. Failure to provide a satisfactory answer will result in a prompt paddling.

JTT

Cowboy
Wade is getting a spanking. A 5 day suspension seems over the top to me, maybe the principal will consider another form of discipline such as community service at the school.

http://www.jonathantaylorthomas7.wordpress.com

Kittykat

Deputy
Wade gets a spanking, and I'll talk to the principal about the length of suspension.

IRL this happened to a friend of mine's son, not one of mine.

squarecutter

Sherrif
5 days sounds excessive(for me Exclamation)

I will endeavour to negotiate a reduction with the school and try to get his teachers to tell me what work he can get on with.

I am also going to paddle Wade as I think this really what he deserves for this prank and his time off will not be fun. It concerns me that really I don't know that Wade has the first idea about looking after a bird. I am relieved it was returned in good health

ivor

Marshall
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
I'm really torn on this, because I feel like a five day suspension is a gross overreaction, and that also, suspension doesn't serve any real disciplinary purpose.

I guess my reaction is going to be three-fold. First, to let Wade know that I'm proud of him for realizing his mistake and repairing it (I would have turned the damned bird in anonymously). Second, I'm going to check into his school's suspension policy, but Wade is going to have to keep up with all his work, whether he can turn it in or not (fortunately, at 13, I'll be able to tutor him in all his subjects). Finally, I'm going to explain how serious this really was. I understand he meant it as a joke, but I'm pretty sure that birdnapping is still a crime (theft, at least). I'm going to forego the switch, but he's going to be getting a deluxe session with the small Lexan, and I'm going to tell him that I'm considering daily boosters, to make sure he doesn't think this is a holiday (I'd never do that, but he'd better be on his best behavior).

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'm starting a Keir Klub.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
My reaction is closer to Jack's than to the more lenient responses. Wade stole the bird -- there is no 'technical' to it. Yes, he meant it as a prank; yes, he arranged for the bird to receive good care; yes, stealing mascots is a time-honored tradition; yes, he turned himself in. I consider all these mitigating factors the likely reason why Wade doesn't face juvenile prosecution, as the police were likely involved. The suspension is tough, and I will try to negotiate for in-school suspension in lieu of off-campus suspension; or perhaps I can negotiate down the number of days. Ultimately, though, I have little choice except to accept the school's punishment. Regardless of how successful I am in reducing the school punishment, Wade is getting a good dose of belt or brush.

Kat

ivor

Marshall
Wade should have weighed up the pros and cons before committing this prank.

He knew he wasn't going to get physically punished at school, but did he allow for the possibility of me spanking him?

As they say at the racetrack over here (I believe!)
"Wade and paid!"

David M. Katz

Marshall
I see ivor has Wade in. Very Happy

ivor

Marshall
David M. Katz wrote:I see ivor has Wade in. Very Happy

And pounds Wade in exasperation Laughing

Pi Beta

Deputy
I wonder if the other school would like to host him for those five days? Now that really would fit the crime!

Pi Beta wrote:I wonder if the other school would like to host him for those five days? Now that really would fit the crime!

Oooooh! Yes! And with a tee-shirt that says, "I'm the guy who stole your mascot!"

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Now that would be "punishment to fit the crime"!!

David M. Katz

Marshall
Boy Smack wrote:
Pi Beta wrote:I wonder if the other school would like to host him for those five days? Now that really would fit the crime!

Oooooh! Yes! And with a tee-shirt that says, "I'm the guy who stole your mascot!"

Now that's justice! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Razz Razz

AFinch

Sherrif
I think (hope) the last couple of responses were tongue in cheek.

That would NOT be justice, any more than being raped or beaten by other inmates in prison is part of a prison sentence.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Doc is of course correct in that commentary. It would, though, be an excellent thing to have Wade think about; what if that were to happen? More to point, if the shoe were on the other foot (it was your school mascot), how would you feel about it?

Re the 'happenings in prison' though, the fact that those things do happen should make for a powerful deterrent effect. I must admit though that for some offenses, those 'extrajudicial punishments' DO fit the crime. silent

Padraig

Trailboss
First rule when "stealing" a mascot, festival tree or whatsoever is to let everyone know either you have it or why it is gone and how to get it back. Usually there is some kind of ransom involved.

By not doing that he sealed his fate. Not that I will accept a week long suspension, but he will certrainly get something to think about.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum