Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 3/18/13 "MITCH IS LATE; IS IT TOO LATE FOR MITCH?" A DMKProd.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
(I am pinch hitting for Jack tonight. He has a lot going on in RL and asked if I would put up a BOTD for him.)

MITCH IS LATE; IS IT TOO LATE FOR MITCH?

A DMK Production

You are the Assistant Principal at the local middle school. You are responsible for discipline and may, if needed, give up to three licks with a paddle. One of the seventh graders, twelve year old Mitch Phillips was referred to you earlier in the week for being late to school multiple times. He had been late five times in the last month, some as much as a half hour, and had no real reason for it. You assigned Mitch an after school detention and warned him any future tardy would result in three licks..

Mitch Phillips - 12 (7th Grade)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This morning Mitch was twenty minutes late and is now standing before you in your office. He bursts in to tears and begs you not to "spank" him. Mitch explains that his dad "gave him a hard spanking" that morning because he cursed at his mom. Mitch says that is the reason he was late as he was getting over the spanking. Mitch says he is still sore and just doesn't think he could stand another one from you.

What do you do with Mitch?

Last edited by David M. Katz on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Padraig

Trailboss
In the 'good old times' it would be easy to check by simply make him dropping his pants. In modern times I think the best would be to send him to class via toilet and check with his parents. On the other hand, it might be a productive situation to evaluate the reasons for him being late so often, so a talk might be helpful.

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm going to get the school nurse to chaperone, and look.

If Mitch shows signs of being recently spanked, he gets a pass. If he shows signs of being abused, we will deal with that. If he shows signs of making the whole thing up to avoid school punishment, he will get licks and a phone call home.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
AFinch wrote:I'm going to get the school nurse to chaperone, and look.

If Mitch shows signs of being recently spanked, he gets a pass. If he shows signs of being abused, we will deal with that. If he shows signs of making the whole thing up to avoid school punishment, he will get licks and a phone call home.

Sounds right to me!!

Iconoclast

Stone Man

Marshall

The school's coach/AD would also be a good choice here, and then I'm in agreement with Kier.

I think a phone call home is in order with the direction of the conversation being dictated by what I find. Mitch's parents are past due on being notified of all their son's tardies and/or to find out if there are any acceptable excuses for them.

John Boy

Sherrif

I Ditto that.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

David M. Katz

Marshall
Looks like Kier hit a grand slam with this one.

DITTO

talebearer

Cowboy
Agree with AFinch. Let's see if he's already had his portion.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Talebearer

Jack

Admin
This is why you don't make promises, and why you're very careful about how you word things with kids. Also, this is a case where I should have been proactive and helped Mitch figure out WHY he's having so much trouble being late to school, and how to avoid that in the future, rather than just assigning a punishment and making a threat.

Is strip searching the boy an option? I think I'll get a detailed story of what happened, how his dad usually spanks, and how the 'hard spanking' was given this morning. Then I'll offer him the chance to avoid licks this morning by proving he got spanked - in front of a witness, just to make sure he's not injured, of course.

After that - let's try the discussion and go with another detention if he's not trying to fake me out.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

ivor

Marshall
I'm just going to tell him that in the circumstances his licks will be late in being delivered. He cn get them tomorrow morning instead.......

For his sake I hope he doesn't go 'mitching' tomorrow!

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I dunno...

There's a BIG piece of me that's in agreement with Doc's methodology and plan except for my memory of what transpired when Ms Hansen got a load of my keister post stropping.

The hullabaloo that occurred and fast dancing I had to do to avoid a real beatin' was amazing. I realize in today's world the outcome would be quite different indeed. After all, we have Ryan living with us for much less.

I think that evil me rather likes Ivor's answer. This way what happened at home can stay there and I can impress upon Mitch my seriousness about his tardies.

I love it when everyone is happy!

squarecutter

Sherrif
I think I am going to talk to his parents. First I want Mitch's story verified. Second I want to get to the bottom of why Mitch is tardy so often and whether this is actually a problem of Mitch's own making. What happens in the morning and how does he get to school? In the circumstances I am prepared to offer loss of recess for the rest of the week and two lots of detention unless I and Mitchs folks feel paddling is required in which case I will do that tomorrow.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Like Squarecutter, I want to know how Mitch gets to school. If he walks or rides his bicycle, then being on time in the morning is probably his responsibility. If a parent brings him, the tardiness may not be his fault. I should have contacted the parents long before now. I will do so this morning. If the tardiness is not Mitch's fault, then punishing him is unfair. I suppose one could argue that if he was indeed spanked this morning, then in a roundabout way he was at least responsible for this morning's tardiness. However, I feel that paddling him would essentially be punishing him twice for one transgression. I don't think it's very wise to spank a kid before school -- particularly a spanking that leaves him so sore he is crying at the prospect of receiving licks.

Assuming Mitch is being truthful, he need not worry about taking a paddling. I will have a conference with at least one parent to discuss the punctuality problem. Also, in future, I'm going to ask that the parent(s) write an explanatory note if Mitch is going to be late, as that will save me the trouble of telephoning them.

Kat

MemoryMan

Sherrif
As an experienced teacher I am confident in my ability to distinguish between real and faked tears.

If I judge them to be real I'm going to tell him that it seems he had a good reason to be late this time and that I'll waive his paddling on this occasion.

Then, in my revised role of sympathetic "good cop" I'll sit him down and use my skills to try to get to the bottom (metaphorically) of the reasons underlying his continuing tardiness.

Should they be faked I'll just do my duty. Neutral

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum