Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 3-20-13: Triple Trouble

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 3-20-13: Triple Trouble on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:20 pm

Jack

Admin
You have a pretty good family. Your boys have the regular boyhood troubles on their own and with each other, but they're all fairly well behaved most of the time, and you've avoided in major problems with them. They're all three at least pretty good students, and they enjoy and are good at their preferred sports.

In general, you use minor restrictions, time outs, and/or extra chores for minor problems and reminders. When more than that is needed, you use corporal punishment. You generally use a three tiered system, for mild, medium, and serious. You also have an idea of how you'd handle felony misbehavior, but you've never had to deal with that, so you're not sure.

In the last few months, your oldest son, Henry, reached his teens. You remember how much you hated being 'whupped' when you were a teenager, so you've switched to grounding or more severe restrictions for him.

When you got home today, you caught your three boys breaking multiple rules - leaving without doing chores and without letting anyone know where they were going (or even that they were going).

Tommy - 10, Rick - 12, and Henry - 13 when you found them at the park.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

On the way home, you remind them that they've all been in trouble for chores recently (though not spanked), you're calling this a medium situation, and that Henry will be grounded for three days with extra chores. Tommy is upset, but fairly accepting, but the other two boys go ballistic.

At the same time Rick is complaining it's not fair that he still gets spanked, while Henry is complaining that it's not fair that his weekend gets ruined while the other boys just get spanked.

Are you sticking with your first instincts or will you listen to feedback?

Extra Credit: what is 'medium' and what can each boy anticipate when you get them home?

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

2 Re: BOTD 3-20-13: Triple Trouble on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:47 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
I will reconsider and spank all three.

Each boy will get his age with the brush on the bare.

3 Re: BOTD 3-20-13: Triple Trouble on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:51 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
I will hear them out. If my oldest doesn't mind getting spanked then so be it. If my 12 Yo thinks being grounded is better, next time he will beg me to spank him. The youngest gets what he is getting.

Medium would be Hand spanking with the youngest followed by four swats with the spatula. Middle will get a descent paddling with his spatula. My oldest will get it with the paddle and he knows it. We shall see how this plays out.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

4 Re: BOTD 3-20-13: Triple Trouble on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:59 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm with David.

All three will get spanked. Henry won't think it's "just" getting spanked afterwards. Tommy is already on board. And Rick doesn't get to decide how he gets punished. The fact that he's going ballistic at the prospect of a spanking seems pretty good evidence that it is still an effective punishment for him.

Age with brush sounds on the serious side of "medium" to me. A double would be "severe". All three boys will have real crying though--enough that Henry doesn't regard it as "just a spanking" or some kind of joke.

5 Re: BOTD 3-20-13: Triple Trouble on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:14 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I agree. Spank 'em and be done with it as it should be!

Medium is 2x their age with my hand and for my eldest 2 w/the strop. He's hit the teen years, so I up the 'voltage' a bit for him.

6 Re: BOTD 3-20-13: Triple Trouble on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:30 am

JTT

Cowboy
I'm With Dave! A single with the brush seems appropriate. 13 is too old? What was I thinking? Evil or Very Mad

http://www.jonathantaylorthomas7.wordpress.com

7 Re: BOTD 3-20-13: Triple Trouble on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:50 am

Padraig

Trailboss
Henry is quite a big boy for his age so if he doesn't want to go over my lap anymore we will find a place over a chair/sofa rest or lying on his bed. If so it will be a brush/paddle session, otherwise I will warm him up with my hand and let some with the belt follow.

The other two will get a hand/brush combination, according to their age and size.

8 Re: BOTD 3-20-13: Triple Trouble on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:43 am

Jack

Admin
I have to remember that I'm the one who enforced grounding on Henry - he didn't ask for it. He obviously finds grounding much more onerous (or perhaps just finds it unfair that his brothers' punishments are over so much faster). As long as spanking still seems to have the proper effect on him, I'm willing to go back to it.

That means all three boys are getting spanked (though, if I'm changing Henry's punishment, I really should do the same for Rick, but I'll simply explain that, for now, grounding was an experiment that didn't work).

Tommy will be getting a normal, double pattern with his spatula (the Tailblazer), Rick will be getting the same, but with Red. Considering Henry's size, I'm going to give him a bit more feedback into his punishment, and offer him the choice of going over my lap for a spanking with Black, or bending over for a taste of the medium Lexan - I'm not going to tell him how many, but it'll be four to six, depending on how he takes it.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

9 Re: BOTD 3-20-13: Triple Trouble on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:59 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
As far as Tommy is concerned he is getting hand and the small paddle to finish. I'm sure he wouldn't have gone to the park with out the influence of his brothers. We will be talking about his chores though. I will talk Ricky through what grounding will entail. No electronics, no mobile, no tv no friends, no going anywhere and school night bedtimes for the weekend. Still think he prefers grounding to spanking? May be he should try it out or just ask Henry about it. That or a paddling(small paddle).

Henry and I can talk about this. I wanted to respect the fact that he is now a teenager but if he prefers to get his punishments over quicker we can revert to spanking but from now they will have the feel of a school punishment about them. It will hurt more and stay with him longer so the message goes in.
Punishments are meant to hurt boys and the effect should last log enough to make you think. Henry Rickky Let me know what you prefer.

10 Re: BOTD 3-20-13: Triple Trouble on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:04 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Aww! Its too nice a day for boring old chores.

The boys are being punished for irresponsibility rather than wickedness and although I;m annoyed I can't be too harsh with them. Henry, as the eldest is the prime culprit since its a pretty safe bet that had he behaved responsibly the other two wouldn't have melted away.

I only have two weapons in my armoury, my hand and the strap. The two youngest can go over my lap for an age appropriate spanking, Henry likewise with the strap. If Henry feels too big to go across my lap he can facilitate my swing by lying across the arm of the sofa.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

11 Re: BOTD 3-20-13: Triple Trouble on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:04 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
If punishment is to do any good, then it has to be something aversive; on the other hand, I think the most effective punishments are ones in which there is acceptance and a minimum of resentment. Just because one type of punishment is preferred over another doesn't necessarily mean that it ceases to be a punishment. Maybe Henry and Rick will each benefit more from a punishment in which they had some say. Just because Henry struggles with grounding doesn't mean that Rick will. I have to treat each boy as an individual, while maintaining fairness and consistency as much as possible.

I'll give this a try:

Henry -- Five licks with the belt.

Rick -- Two days restricted to room, with no phone privileges or after school contact with friends; he may read but will have no access to electronic devices.

Tom -- Brisk hand spanking of maybe ten smacks.

Kat

12 Re: BOTD 3-20-13: Triple Trouble on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:38 pm

Jkher

Trailboss
"OFF with their pants king !" All for one and one for all!

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Jkher

13 Re: BOTD 3-20-13: Triple Trouble on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:43 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
Jkher wrote:"OFF with their pants king !" All for one and one for all!

More than one I trust. Razz

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum