a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 3/27/13 "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FRANK" A MEMORY MAN PRODUCTION

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
Happy Birthday Frank
A Memory Man Production

You have two boisterous boys. Frank, the elder, is a cheerful conscientious outgoing lad but Terry three years his junior is inclined to be rather moody and tends to sulk when things aren't going his way. Despite this the boys have a close relationship, largely because Terry looks up to his brother and Frank tends to look out for him. You run a pretty tight ship and moody Terry spends rather more time over your lap than his brother ever did at his age. Once Frank turned twelve though you introduced him to your dad's strap and decreed he keep it in his socks and underpants drawer as a daily reminder to behave. It appears to work since you've not used it in the last six months.

Frank - 13 and Terry - 10
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Frank is thirteen today. He is mad on model aeroplanes and you have bought him a kit complete with engine and radio control. This morning he has it open on the table with the parts spread out as he studies the instructions. Terry meanwhile is building a complex Lego model on the floor but keeps getting up to go to the table to pick parts up to look at them. After telling him several times to leave them alone Frank gets exasperated and gives Terry a violent push that sends him staggering to trip over and demolish his Lego, cutting his leg on the corner of a brick in the process and setting him off wailing.

You jump up and in a knee-jerk reaction you order Frank upstairs to get the strap out. He protests he hadn't meant to hurt Terry, he just wanted to keep him away from his model. Your wife intervenes on his behalf as she's putting a plaster on Terry's cut and you relent but you order him to get everything up into his room out of the way.

Peace reigns for an hour so and you help Terry repair his model. Then Frank comes back down and sits down beside Terry.

"That's good; did dad help you mend it?"
"Sniff!" Terry turned his back.
"Is your leg OK now?"
"Sniff!"
"Sorry I hurt you"
"Sniff!"
"Shall I help you with it?"
"Sniff!"

Frank sat cross legged for a while staring disconsolately at Terry's back. Then he got up and came over to your chair. Fighting tears back he said quietly "I'm ready now Dad. I'll go up and get the strap out" and he ran off up the stairs before you had time to respond.

Now what?

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Candidly, I'm tempted to use it on Terry for being a brat. Frank will get a hug from me when he comes to me with the strap. What a good and thoughtful boy I've got here; I do wish some of that will rub off to his brother.

I think I'll 'suggest' that Terry accept his brother's apology this time. Since I have strap in hand, I'll bet he follows my 'suggestion'! Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by 1strappedboy on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

John Boy

Sherrif
He gets a few smacks but not a full strapping.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

AFinch

Sherrif
It's Frank's birthday and his gift. Terry bought and paid for his push. His "injury" was accidental, and minor. Despite that Frank had tried, repeatedly, to make amends while his little brother continued to sulk and milk it for all it's worth (sounds a lot like a certain little brother of one of our members).

I'll go after Frank, but not to use the strap. I'm going to hug and reassure him. I'm going to strongly suggest that Terry accept the apology.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I can't see how strapping Frank will improve the situation with Terry. I actually do understand why the younger boy's feelings are hurt. It's not gracious to refuse an apology, but I see little point in forcing one in this case. Until Terry is willing to make up, Frank is going to feel guilty and miserable. I might tell Terry privately that he should remember how good Frank is to him and then reconsider his attitude. I might also tell Frank privately that he has offered the apology and made overtures of reconciliation; now the ball is in Terry's court; eventually he will get over his hurt feelings, and until he does, Frank shouldn't worry about it.

Kat

Stone Man

Marshall
1strappedboy wrote:Candidly, I'm tempted to use it on Terry for being a brat. Frank will get a hug from me when he comes to me with the strap. What a good and thoughtful boy I've got here; I do wish some of that will rub off to his brother.

I think I'll 'suggest' that Terry accept his brother's apology this time. Since I have strap in hand, I'll bet he follows my 'suggestion'! Evil or Very Mad

Ditto dat! I like the other answers as well, but as this was my gut reaction to the scenario I picked this one to quote.

talebearer

Cowboy
Agree with 1strapped and Stoneman. Frank is showing that he's pretty much a good boy and needs encouragement. Terry is being a brat and it would be good to tell him so privately.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Talebearer

JTT

Cowboy
He's in for a hug, not a strapping! I think Terry will accept his brother apology this time or he might get an introduction to the strap!

http://www.jonathantaylorthomas7.wordpress.com

Padraig

Trailboss
In my opinion forcing someone into accepting an apolgy is worth as much as a forced apology. So I follow my elder son up to his room where we have some talk, tears and cuddles, but without a strap.

David M. Katz

Marshall
Padraig wrote:In my opinion forcing someone into accepting an apolgy is worth as much as a forced apology. So I follow my elder son up to his room where we have some talk, tears and cuddles, but without a strap.

DITTO Pad!

ivor

Marshall
I'm tempted to put the ball in Terry's court by asking him if he thinks I should give Frank the strap in the hope that he'll say 'No'. But as he has no idea what it would feel like that perhaps isn't the way to go as he might say 'Yes'!

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
Remind me again why I didn't step in when Terry kept bothering his big brother?

What happened when Frank pushed Terry may not have been on purpose, but it was foreseeable, and I don't think a punishment for it would have been incorrect. However, I'm not going to punish him because his brother is being a brat.

I will talk to him and try to explain that some people prefer to nurture their hurts, rather than trying to forgive and move on, and all we can do is feel sorry for those people. We certainly shouldn't allow them to make us miserable as well (as long as we've honestly apologized and tried to right the situation). Sometimes people just need space to work through something, and we have to be willing to give them that.

When I go downstairs, I'm also going to tell Terry that when someone asks him to stop, he needs to stop, and that in the future, I'll spank him for it (though I do understand his devotion to his big brother, and why he was doing it). I'll also tell him that I'm disappointed in how he treated his big brother. If he needed space, he should have tried to find a way to say that.

Jack

Admin
Stone Man wrote:
1strappedboy wrote:Candidly, I'm tempted to use it on Terry for being a brat. Frank will get a hug from me when he comes to me with the strap. What a good and thoughtful boy I've got here; I do wish some of that will rub off to his brother.

Ditto dat! I like the other answers as well, but as this was my gut reaction to the scenario I picked this one to quote.

I can't agree with this.

I told those in chat yesterday that I didn't think James would be coming over yesterday evening for my birthday. Monday he'd managed to foxtrot over darned near every button I have, and I was extremely angry with him. I'm not sure what I would have said to him if he'd called me early in the day, because sometimes I have to have time to work through anger and hurt. I certainly hope that doesn't make me a brat.

PS - James and I talked yesterday. I'd misread the situation, and he hadn't realized how his responses had come across, and we both ended up apologizing to each other.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

squarecutter

Sherrif
I'll let him fetch the strap but while I do that I am going to call Terry in and tell him that. I'm then going to test Terry out. I will tell Terry he will be in the room to witness Frank being spanked as it is obvious( a little sarcasm here) that this is the only thing that is going to make him happy. My hope is that before Frank returns Terry will be ready to accept Franks apology and with some grace. I am going to lay it on a bit thick about how much it will hurt Frank and how hard it will be for Frank to get his first strapping the day he becomes a teenager. I just hope Terry does the decent thing and comes round Rolling Eyes

MemoryMan

Sherrif
ivor wrote:I'm tempted to put the ball in Terry's court by asking him if he thinks I should give Frank the strap in the hope that he'll say 'No'. But as he has no idea what it would feel like that perhaps isn't the way to go as he might say 'Yes'!

A prescient response Ivor since I had this pre-written.

I call little petulance over to me. "Mike is so sorry about him pushing you that he wants a hiding to make him feel better. Do you think he deserves one?"

If he answers "No" I'll send him up to tell Mike he's asked me not to give him one so I'm letting him off"

If "Yes" I'll tell him OK, but to be fair I'll have to give him one too for starting it. Then, when he's changed his mind I'll send him up as before.

Of course there is a slim chance he wont change his mind; in that case I'll have to administer two deserved spankings - but hey! That's just one of the perks trials of being a dad.

Actually I'm about to submit a MMSA story based on this scenario. It is related by Mike himself .... and there is a twist. To learn the twist watch out for "A Model Birthday"

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Big Kid Now

Cowboy
My heart breaks for poor Frank. It's his birthday and it has already turned into a disaster filled with broken toys and bad feelings.

Terry is being a spoiled, sulky brat...maybe not willingly...he is still a little boy and may still have more limited control of his emotions.

Threatening Frank with the strap was wrong imo, and he's owed an apology.

Jkher

Trailboss
I think everyone should get a much needed Mulligan on this one.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Jkher

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum