Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BONUS BOTD! 4/5/13 "Please Don't Hate Me" DMK Bonus

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
This one has been in the queue a while and so I thought we might like a bonus.

PLEASE DON'T HATE ME
A DMK Production

Charlie is your thirteen year old step-son. Charlie's father passed away suddenly two years ago. You dated Charlie's mother for a little over a year and you all have been married for six months. You adore Charlie's mother but will admit that Charlie made the arrangement perfect. You are totally in love with the boy and Charlie bonded with you quickly and has loved you since he was first introduced to you. Charlie started calling you "Daddy" the day you married his mother. You have started the process to legally adopt Charlie.

Charlie's father was not a kind man and was very harsh with Charlie to the point of being abusive. He would beat Charlie with a belt and call it "spanking." Charlie lived in constant fear of his father. Charlie's mother discovered the abuse and was in the process of divorce when Charlie's father passed away.

When you married, Charlie and his mother had the bigger house and so you moved in there. It also kept Charlie from having to change schools. You have a classic 1964 Mustang that your father passed on to you and that you had restored. You made a place in the garage to park the Mustang. You keep it under a cover and rarely drive the car. On occasion you will display it in a car show.

Your 1964 Classic Mustang
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Charlie was very interested in the car. You told him if he wanted it would be his someday. You have taken Charlie on rides in the car and allow him to help you clean it and maintain it. You do have one rule and that is that Charlie is not to be around the car or bother it unless you are with him.

Charlie is a good boy and rarely gets into any kind of trouble. Most issues with Charlie are minor and can usually be addressed with a discussion. His mother did have need to spank him (Hand on briefs) right after you all were married when he was twelve but there has been no trouble since. Your wife has asked you if the need arises in the future for a more serious punishment that you handle spanking Charlie. You all discussed this with Charlie and he understood.

You are home early one afternoon and are out in the back part of the yard looking for a good place to plant some fruit trees. You hear a noise coming from the woods adjacent to your back yard and you go to investigate. You see Charlie sitting on a fallen tree and he is crying.

Charlie - 13
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You approach and sit next to Charlie and put your arm around him. He buries his face in your chest and just starts sobbing. You let him cry it out and then ask him if he wants to talk about what is bothering him. Charlie opens up and tells all.

Two days ago he and his best friend were in the garage. Charlie says he knew he wasn't supposed to do it but his friend wanted to sit in the Mustang. Charlie said he decided it would be Ok just one time if they were careful so he pulled the cover back and they sat in the car. He said they each took turns sitting behind the wheel pretending to drive. Charlie said when he was putting the cover back on the car that he somehow bumped some shelves over the hood and a can of paint fell off of the shelf and hit the hood. He said the can did not open but there is now a bad dent in the hood. Charlie said he just finished putting the cover back and tried to forget it. Charlie said it has really been bothering him because he knows he was wrong and he knows the car is special to you. Charlie said he was just going to ignore it and hope you didn't find out how the dent happened. Charlie said he realized that was wrong and he had decided to tell you tonight. Charlie said he just feels terrible but he just knows you will hate him now. He says he also knows you will spank him but that is OK. He tells you that he is ready for you to spank him now if you want to but he starts crying and begs you saying, "Please don't hate me."

How do you deal with this?

John Boy

Sherrif
First we will look at the dent. Then I will give him another huge hug, and tell him he means more to me then the car. Then maybe tell him about a dent that happened to the car when I was his age Embarassed Finally once he knows I don't hate him I will give a mild to medium hand spanking just as a reminder.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

squarecutter

Sherrif
By keeping my arm round him and thanking him for his honesty and putting him straight about what I think of him using this talk as an example. I think if I can afford to keep a 64 mustang and another car taxed up and in order I might manage the bill for the body work and re-spray though I might ask Charlie for a small downpayment on his inheritance.

If my judgement is right and belts are off the table with Charlie as I don't wish to be his old, old man I almost don't think he needs spanking other than for himself as he seems to have already beaten himself up about it. I will look him in the eye and ask him what he thinks would make him feel less guilty.

If spanking it will be hand only as this was a complete accident though there was the matter of his disobedience which did make it an avoidable one.

Last edited by squarecutter on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't read the script properly!)

AFinch

Sherrif
Without even looking at the car, I'll pull Charlie into a tight hug and make sure he understands that he means much, much more to me than any car ever could. I could never hate him no matter what, and especially not over the matter of a hunk of metal.

We'll go look at the car together. If I'm that great at restoration, it may be a trivial matter to pull the dent. Even if it IS a relatively big repair, the fact that I can afford to leave it covered and unused would indicate I can handle the repair amount easily. And it's just possible that I am responsible for contributory negligence--might not the can have fallen unassisted if it was located in such a way that Charlie was inadvertently able to knock it off the shelf?

I think Charlie has already suffered enough through guilt and worry. Once we are clear that I don't hate him, and never will, I'm going to ask him if he thinks he needs to be punished. Unless he does, I think we're done. If he does, his first spanking from me will be just hand over pants, and more token than punishment, making sure he also knows I can do a lot better if there IS a next time.

Padraig

Trailboss
Nice car.

there isn't much more to add, I think the answers above cover it sufficiently.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Has he been around a young Dave Szymancik or what?!? Oh, the joy of sitting in a classic car!! To this day, we still do antiques. I got Dave a 'project' when he was 15 to start on. By the time he graduated high school we finished it sufficiently to show. Not my 'cup of tea', but he was fascinated by Corvairs. We dragged home a ratty '63 that looks pretty nice now.

Charlie should know that I could never hate him regardless of the situation. I'm glad he has a sufficiently developed conscience that this is eating him so.

Understanding what has passed in his life as a 'spanking' and his willingness to subject himself to what he'll presume as the same speaks highly, though I should think that we've reconfigured what constitutes a spanking at our house.

A hug and let's look at the dent. As someone pointed out; as a restorer of antique autos, I should be able to pull out a dent. I'm sure that it looks huge to him but I rather doubt a can of paint will have done egregious damage unless it was on a crease line. If that's the case, it's a bit more work but still quite doable. Charlie will learn metal work and spot refinishing by my side. We'll look back on this and laugh one day.

I may give a swat or 3 for disobedience as I did with Dave but NOTHING for the dent!

Jack

Admin
How do I deal with this? I tell him about something stupid I did when I was a kid. Something I knew I wasn't supposed to do, but did anyway, and how it went bad.

I then tell Charlie that I not only don't hate him for this, that I could as soon hate myself as him (maybe sooner - I'm always my worst critic). This wasn't an accident, and I won't treat it like such, but it was a case of bad judgement, and one where no true harm was done.

Charlie is going to be punished. Considering that he did cause some financial trouble here, it's going to be hard. I'm thinking a hard session with my hand, then we'll switch to the hairbrush until I'm sure Charlie thinks he's paid for everything (or maybe the small Lexan).

When that's all done, I'll point out to Charlie that now the two of us have a weekend project for a while.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Jack

Admin
squarecutter wrote:If spanking it will be hand only as this was a complete accident though there was the matter of his disobedience which did make it an avoidable one.

This is an interesting point. I originally said that it was NOT an accident, but bad judgement. Reading Square's response, I think he's more right - the accident occurred because of his bad judgement, but it was still an accident.

That's really a matter of semantics, but those things matter to kids (and to me, actually - I hate when politicians and celebrities try to pass things they did on purpose off as 'accidents').

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Iconoclast

Trailboss
The accident was mine, I should know better than to place a paint can where it could be knocked off and fall on the car!

Iconoclast

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Ya know what? Icono has a very valid point here. I don't have shelving/junk that can fall around our classics, and it's rather careless of me to have done so in this instance. One more mitigating factor!!

Stone Man

Marshall
I'm keeping my arm around Charlie as I tell and assure him that I could never hate him. I might be disappointed in him/his actions, but I could never hate him. And frankly I'm not even disappointed in him this time. I pleased to see he's developing a conscience, which means a lot to me. Only when he has calmed down, will we take a look at the car.

It has been said by others that if I'm a good restorer of cars, it's likely I can take care of the dent and repainting. Something else my son and I can share doing.

I believe Charlie needs and will benefit from a spanking, hand, OTL, and bare. I like punishing this way, because I can easily adjust the intensity of my boy's punishment based on his reactions. He needs a good cry, beyond what he has already voluntarily done, and to feel he has REALLY been punished.

How convenient to have such a comfortable sitting log right where we are.

talebearer

Cowboy
Agree with Stoneman, with the added thought that, if you can show him how to restore the dent and paint damage, and fix it so there's no reminder of what happened, the boy might learn a skill and learn that fixing the problem -- reparation -- is sometimes better than punishment.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Talebearer

Pi Beta

Deputy
Sorry, but how do you put a dent in what is clearly a fabric hood? Surely the tin would bounce slightly with the tension, then settle with no damage.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Uh Pi....

In US English usage, the hood is the piece covering the motor. The roof (head) of the car is fabric.

D

David M. Katz

Marshall
1strappedboy wrote:Uh Pi....

In US English usage, the hood is the piece covering the motor. The roof (head) of the car is fabric.

D

I forget we have some non-English speakers here. Razz Very Happy

So:

Hood = Bonnet
Trunk = Boot
Roof = Hood

Also since I am providing translation, may I just add, tea is a drink not a time. In the South, tea is served cold with lots of sugar and a squirt of lemon juice over ice cubes.

Next lesson: "You say 'ize.' I say 'ise.'" Razz Razz

Pi Beta

Deputy
David M. Katz wrote:

Next lesson: "You say 'ize.' I say 'ise.'" Razz Razz

Of course - Wize, Exercize, Excize, Praize. Two countries separated by a supposed common language!

Reverting to the original question, I don't think I would be spanking him since he's so upset both about the damage he's caused and trying to hide it initially, BUT he's going to have to help me with some other tasks to wear off his guilt.

LilMoritz

Wrangler
Of course - Wize, Exercize, Excize, Praize. Two countries separated by a supposed common language!

thats right its sometime difficult to know whats the correct spelling
but doesn't matter

Lilmoritz

squarecutter

Sherrif
my impression is that in the US spelling is done more by the sound of a word hence the suffic ise (UK/ize(US).A more phonetic approach?

Now I give you Prise to remove something with difficulty
or Prize, To cherish or an award.

I notice my spellcheck, US of course(thanks Microsoft) doesn't allow the first.

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Canadian spelling is about halfway between U.K. and U.S. usage – we honour our colours, but we need winter tires to plow through the snow. We write cheques but use bank drafts as well.
quoted from some very crappy story and all...

Microsoft's spell check can do either U.S. or U.K. spelling. It can't do Canadian spelling... if set to UK mode, it marks the word plow as incorrect, if set to US spelling it marks plough as incorrect along with colour and cheque.

Just another reason to be severely depressed... Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum