Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 4/12/13 "Adventures In Babysitting" A DMK Prod.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING

A DMK Production

Your fifteen year old son, Topher, was approached by a family at your church and asked if he would consider babysitting for their seven year old son, Chance. Your family has known this family for years. You remember when Chance was born and they have essentially watched Topher grow up. Topher is a good kid and very responsible. Topher agrees to the baby sitting job.

Topher and Chance hit it off well and Chance's parents are very pleased with Topher's services and ask if he would consider sitting on a weekly basis as Chances parents like to go out every Friday night.

Topher - 15
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Chance - 7
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Topher calls you tonight and is very concerned. Chance was a little wilder than usual and was running around in the house and ignoring Topher's requests to settle down. In the process a curio case was knocked over and some of Chance's mothers nice glass collectibles are broken. Topher said Chance calmed down after that and Topher says he got the mess cleaned up but felt he needed to call Chance's parents.

Topher says Chance's parents have asked him to spank Chance. They say they trust him and they feel that the consequence needs to follow closely to the action. Topher says he feels strange about doing it. Topher also feels it may damage his relationship with Chance and he says that he isn't even sure how he should do it. However, Topher is also reluctant to not follow Chance's parents' wishes as he fears it may jeopardize his "job." He wants your advice.

How do you advise Topher?

David M. Katz

Marshall
Skater is working late tonight. I am pinch hitting.

John Boy

Sherrif
First I will ask him if Chance talked to his parents. If yes, then as long as chance is somewhat cooperative, give him the spanking. I can remind Topher he has had enough trips over my knee, he should know what to do.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Padraig

Trailboss
T seems to be too good as to be a sone of mine... Embarassed

No, I really agree with T here. I will talk to C's parents if T wants me to and the spanking is postponed. If his parents still insist, I will go over there an do it myself.

AFinch

Sherrif
In general, I don't think even siblings ought to have spanking privileges/responsibilities, let alone young teenage babysitters.

Topher seems quite uncomfortable with this new duty. That being the case, I don't think he should carry it out. I'll run interference with Chance's parents. Hopefully, that won't cost Topher his "job", but if it does, better Topher should learn early that "to thine own self be true" is more important than mindless obedience in the workplace.

As an aside, I don't believe that if Topher spanked Chance it would damage the relationship. My experience is that kids don't resent spankings when they've earned them, and pretty clearly from the scenario, Chance bought and paid for this one.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
A good head on his shoulders and it would appear a good heart too.

My counsel to him would be (since this is one of my boys we're talking about here) "You certainly know the "how" of giving a spanking. Just don't get carried away and be sure to calm the little guy down after the fact. (just like @ home!!)

Some kids like to sulk a bit afterward and others need a lot of affirmation; follow Chance's lead on this. Thank his parents for placing this much trust in you as it really speaks that they think highly of you.

BTW, I hope you now understand how I feel about having to whack you! Go forth and do your duty!"

John Boy

Sherrif
1strappedboy wrote:A good head on his shoulders and it would appear a good heart too.

My counsel to him would be (since this is one of my boys we're talking about here) "You certainly know the "how" of giving a spanking. Just don't get carried away and be sure to calm the little guy down after the fact. (just like @ home!!)

Some kids like to sulk a bit afterward and others need a lot of affirmation; follow Chance's lead on this. Thank his parents for placing this much trust in you as it really speaks that they think highly of you.

BTW, I hope you now understand how I feel about having to whack you! Go forth and do your duty!"
lol! I like your response Dimitri

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Stone Man

Marshall
John Boy wrote:
1strappedboy wrote:A good head on his shoulders and it would appear a good heart too.

lol! I like your response Dimitri

Me too!

kalico

Sherrif
Ditto the me too and I like your responce.....LOL

hugs kal

David M. Katz

Marshall
I would tell Topher not to spank ONLY because Topher is hesitant. I trust Topher and the parents trust him. Chance is young and so consequences need to be relatively immediate and Chance does need a spanking.

I will remind Topher to just do to Chance like I did to him at that age. A few good hand smacks on the bare behind will suffice.

If Topher just can't, that is fine. Chance's parents will understand and I don't think his "job" is in jeopardy. I will just tell Topher to give an alternate punishment such as early bedtime or loss of a privilege or a time-out.

I think with a little encouragement and support from me that Chance will soon have a sore and sorry rear.

ivor

Marshall
In an ideal world, assuming Topher is willing tto do the deed, Chance should speak with his parents and be given the options

A spanking now from Topher
or
A spanking in the morning from one of them

I suspect he'll opt for Topher for several reasons.

But if Topher isn't willing then I think the answer is for me to go over there and do it.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
I'm going to assume that I'm either neutral or okay with this request, though I wish it had been brought to me before this. In that case, I see two real issues. First, whether his job or the relationship is more important to him. Second, what does Chase feel about this.

If I were in Topher's shoes, I would have made sure Chase understood that his parents expected me to spank him if he acted up, so I'd already know how he felt about that. I would also have let Chase know he was about to get spanked for the way he was acting, if I hadn't spanked him before this point.

Then again, I had several little brothers on whom I'd practiced by the time I was 15.

I think what it really comes down to is that Topher doesn't feel comfortable with it, so it might not be the best idea. In this case, I think I'm going to go on over there, take care of the spanking issues, and help Topher clean up the mess. When Chase's parents get home, I'll help him explain the situation, and I'll assure them that Topher will be getting a spanking of his own when we get home, for taking the job under false pretenses (Okay, maybe not, but he's just too cute not to at least try).

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

squarecutter

Sherrif
There was a film with this title.

Surprised these ground rules hadn't been laid out before we got to this point and Chance knew that Topher putting him over his knee was a possibility. I think Topher should say to Chase that he has been given permission to spank for this and say to Chance that he really deserves it but has the option to wait for The parents to come home or we can get it over with. If Topher is really unhappy about it I can offer to Chances parents that I go round and deal with it and we lay down the ground rules for next time, later. I don't see that any of this should affect Topher being babysitter for Chance. I will add one other thing. At the risk of Chance getting away lightly, I don't think Topher should be baring his backside. I don't think Topher will go far enough to leave marks but I'm not sure that getting quite so Intimate? is healthy, for either kid.

Last edited by squarecutter on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:12 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Stone Man

Marshall
Since Topher is hesitant to spank Chance, I will not try to change his mind. Instead I will point out that Chance has come down several pegs since the incident and is unlikely to present any more trouble to him this night.

I can't imagine the parents being upset with my son for showing restraint in inflicting punishment on their son because he was uncomfortable with doing so. I would suggest to Topher that he ask to meet with Chance's parents (and Chance?) and go over with them exactly what/how/to what extent he should administer punishment to their son.

If after this Topher is still not comfortable with spanking his young charge, they will need to come up with an alternative.

As far as Chance escaping a spanking, I'm confident he will be expecting one from his Mom or Dad on the following day. He knows what he has done and knows it comes with consequences that are inescapable.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I agree with Kier.

Kat

squarecutter

Sherrif
As far as Chance escaping a spanking, I'm confident he will be expecting one from his Mom or Dad on the following day. He knows what he has done and knows it comes with consequences that are inescapable.

The only problem for me with that Stoney is the thought of a little 5 year old going to bed with that on his mind

Ivor pm'd me to point out Chance is 7 not 5. I actually think waiting overnight might even be worse at that age. He wont forget where a 5 year old might and he won't sleep too well knowing whats coming

Last edited by squarecutter on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ivors pm)

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Stone Man wrote:I can't imagine the parents being upset with my son for showing restraint in inflicting punishment on their son because he was uncomfortable with doing so.

If after this Topher is still not comfortable with spanking his young charge, they will need to come up with an alternative.

All very valid points and I agree completely. I'm thinking though that Toph is having the issues I had as a new dad: I don't want to be seen as an ogre. At 15, I think he's looking at Chance as a little buddy/brother and he's afraid this will damage their bond. Hence the good head/heart. I rather doubt that his being reluctant would void his job, and more to point, the realization that Chance is going to 'get it' anyway should be sufficient motivator to give it to him as he could control how intense the spanking will be. I'd be willing to bet that Chance would agree as well. After all, if Toph doesn't spank him, he's in for a wait until either morning or when the parents get home and that really is cruel.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum