a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 4-14-13 David's Dilemma - A Kat Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
David’s Dilemma
A Kat Production

Your son David is a 14-year-old high school freshman. His school has an optional corporal punishment policy. Students who have been assigned detention can opt instead to take swats. One 45-minute detention is equivalent to three swats. At the beginning of the school year, you signed the parental permission form after giving the matter some thought and discussing it with David. David assured you at the time that it didn’t matter, as there was just no way he was taking swats.

David
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now he has a detention for being tardy to his first period class three times in a six weeks period. Not only does the detention conflict with his after school commitment to walk a neighbor’s dog this week, but his friends are also teasing him for being a wimp. He tells you he is thinking of changing his mind but admits he is pretty nervous about it. He asks you what you think he should do. What will you tell him?

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
I'm going to leave it up to him. I will of course offer to help by walking the dog for him. I think this could be a real learning chance for my son...I wonder if there is anything else he needs spanking for?

John Boy

Sherrif
I will tell him it is his choice, I could make it for him, but I think he needs to take the responsibility. Unless an unknown brat of a little brother is causing him to be late.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

1strappedboy

Sherrif
BoTD answer:

I'll leave it up to him but encourage him to 'get it over with'. If he just can't Rolling Eyes , I'll not chide him for his being a wimp, and will offer to walk the dog.

This is my kid!??!

Ok, I can't stand it!!

Real answer: He may want to do the detention anyway as a means of keeping his rear cooler than otherwise as there will be 'retribution' Twisted Evil from me for getting in trouble at school!! 3 tardies in a period? What the heck are you doing? If he takes his swats at school I will modify the velocity of my hand to compensate. Laughing

David M. Katz

Marshall
His choice but I will encourage taking the swats and being done with it.

kalico

Sherrif
ditto all those that agree on letting him choose whats to be....I will talk with him about taking the swats just to get it over with but in the end it's gonna have to be his choice....

hugs kal

Stone Man

Marshall
John Boy wrote:Unless an unknown brat of a little brother is causing him to be late.

HA! I was thinking about this as well as I was reading. Glad you caught it and posted. Laughing

Stone Man

Marshall
Not much I can do as his Dad, except offer to walk the dog if he chooses to serve the detention.

I don't really understand what is making David so nervous. If I'm his Dad, and he's a typical boy I can't imagine that he has escaped a spanking or fifty in his lifetime. I understand I don't use a school sized paddle and give him swats, but if I gave the school permission to "spank" than I must have checked them out carefully and vetted them as being sane in applying the board.

I will tell David that it's his choice, but advise him to try and go ahead with the swats and be done with it and add to his street creds.

Twisted Evil If he says NO to swats, I'm going to use swats at home on him the next time a spanking is warranted. Twisted Evil

Just another learning experience. Razz

ivor

Marshall
Presumably I've never spanked David or if I have it has been only with my hand.

I can understand his friends calling him a wimp so unless he really wants to lose face with them I'm going to have to encourage him to take his licks. Perhaps I can tell him what it will feel like from my time at school??

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

squarecutter

Sherrif
45 minute detention is undoubtedly a soft option, unless you have other plans! Would it even fit the crime in this case or should I be adding to it? My view is he deserves swats and my preference is he takes those rather than let down our neighbour. Have I not spanked him before? What scares him most. Fear of the pain . Fear of crying. Presumably a lot of his school friends have taken the swats and been able to move on. I will advise him to take the swats and try to stiffen his resolve.

Jack

Admin
3 for 1 seems pretty extreme to me.

Having said that, it's only a one day detention.

I think the dog can wait 45 minutes.

As for his friends, that's peer pressure. I'm going to tell him it's something he has to deal with. On the other hand, this is a case where giving in doesn't have a dangerous side effect. I'm just going to tell him that it's his decision. I didn't like getting paddled in school, but it didn't kill me. If he doesn't want to do the detention, that's his choice, but it should be his choice, not his friends.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
There seems to be a bit of misunderstanding about David's offense. He has been tardy three times to his first period class during a six weeks period. In most schools, grading periods are six weeks long, which would, therefore, provide a reasonable interval before wiping out demerits (or tardies).

I don't think David would have come to me for advice unless he wanted some reassurance to help him make the choice that he is already leaning towards. I'll do what I can to steady his nerves but I'll also promise to walk the dog if he decides he would prefer detention. Ultimately, he must make the decision.

Kat

Jack

Admin
Kat wrote:There seems to be a bit of misunderstanding about David's offense. He has been tardy three times to his first period class during a six weeks period.

I'm not sure why you say that, Kat. If it was me, I was referring to the exchange of three swats for 1 detention seeming a bit high. The only other reference I found was from Dmitri, who thought three was excessive. I actually tend to agree with him, since I was almost never tardy to school.

If this scenario happened in real life, I'd be much less concerned with David's decision on his consequences than finding out why he's tardy so often.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
I would help him decide by giving him a whacking, so he knows what it's like.

A kid this cute needs to take the swats. The assistant principle will really appreciate that decision, and it's nice to have friends in high places. Shocked

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum