a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 4/24/13 "HAPPY CAMPERS" A John Boy Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
HAPPY CAMPERS
A John Boy Production

You and your two sons are headed to a week long camp sponsored by your church. You will be a counselor for a cabin of boys ages 10 to 12. Your sons, ten year old Michael and twelve year old Marcel, will be in your cabin along with ten other boys.

MICHAEL - 10 AND MARCEL - 12
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The camp is fun but operates on a strict schedule including bedtime and lights out. The first night of camp the boys are excited and are having a hard time with being quiet for bed time and are all awake and noisy far past designated bedtime. After several warnings you tell the boys they have lost their free time for the next day. Everyone finally gets to sleep.

The next morning you tell the boys that if they can pay attention during study group and promise to not give any issues with bed time then they can have their free time back. You warn the boys that if anyone is not paying attention during study group then the whole group loses free time.

Study group goes very well except for Michael and Marcel. they are both noisy and disruptive. In keeping with your promise, you tell the group they lost free time. Everyone is upset and are especially put out with Michael and Marcel.

Your sons approach you in private and ask if the other guys can have free time and would you just spank them instead. Counselors are not allowed to use CP but these are YOUR sons.

What do you do?

David M. Katz

Marshall
My solution is simple:my boys lose their free time and no one else.

AFinch

Sherrif
Ditto Katz.

I can't imagine I've have invoked the "all or none" policy in the first place, as I think it's patently unfair.

Michael and Marcel don't get special treatment because they're mine--they don't get spanked when the rest can't be. But, they were the disruptive parties, and it's unfair that the rest be punished at all on their account.

So, the rest of the cabin gets free time, and Michael and Marcel do not.

kalico

Sherrif
Im preety much in agreement with Kier, unless as the counselor I have to stay with the all the boy's, then I might consider to spank or if I can not spank then the no free time will stand and my boy';s will just have to face thier angry cabin mates....

I remember at our church camp our couselors had to stay with us at all times or at least keeping an eye on us but I've also been to reg summer camp were they didnt so...

hugs kal

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I take my sons at their word and spank them!

Iconoclast

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Mean me Evil or Very Mad says to M&M, "Everyone loses their free time because of your disruptiveness and I'm spanking you both when we get home for being the ringleaders." I then follow through on that promise.

Real me will give them that threat; they do lose the free time with everyone else. If 'peer pressure' happens, I'm NOT intervening. When we get home, I'll "let them off" the threatened spanking. I hope this scares them straight for the next outing we go on!

John Boy

Sherrif
Hmmm a summer camp scenario. Again 99% fiction 1% true, I will keep you guessing which is which.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

ivor

Marshall
I like mean Dimitri's answer!

But I don't see I can change what I originally decided just because the troublemakers happen to be my two kids rather than any of the other ten.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

squarecutter

Sherrif
I am going to ensure there is some supervision for the remainder of my boys and then take my two somewhere private where I can be a Dad to them. Six each with a sneaker across their shorts should take care of business. If they do this again on this trip they will get a repeat AND lose free time

Jack

Admin
I guess it's too late for me to go back and either back out, because I have no idea how to deal with boys this age, or to actually take the time to read a bit about handling a counselor's job?

Seriously, when I was 16, I knew to prepare the boys for bed ahead of time, tire them out, then get them going early so they had a chance to settle down. A grown man with kids couldn't come up with this idea?

And then to go the 'shared responsibility route'? Heck, I've already proven I'm wishy-washy, why shouldn't I back down again and give them another chance?

Okay, with that out of my system, I'm going to tell the boys no, they knew the results, and they can live with it. Instead, I'm going to have them sit quietly during what should have been free time, while the rest of us do something interesting, and suggest to my kids that they use the time to come up with a way to make it up to the other guys.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Stone Man

Marshall
Jack wrote: Okay, with that out of my system, I'm going to tell the boys no, they knew the results, and they can live with it. Instead, I'm going to have them sit quietly during what should have been free time, while the rest of us do something interesting, and suggest to my kids that they use the time to come up with a way to make it up to the other guys.

This I can go with.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
This camp doesn't sound like my idea of fun as either an adult or a kid. I agree with Jack that I should have managed better, but I really don't see how anyone can expect a cabin full of kids to settle down and go to sleep so easily. I just can't imagine that I'd threaten a group with the loss of free time like that. Free time is my best hope for tiring them enough to go to sleep at night. Having made a poor decision, I will back off of it. As M&M are my kids, I'll give them a couple of licks with a switch or some other suitable implement to get their attention without making it obvious to everyone else how they've been punished.

Kat

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum