Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD Extra - 1 May 2013: A Helping Hand

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD Extra - 1 May 2013: A Helping Hand on Wed May 01, 2013 5:29 pm

Jack

Admin
Your webelo troop is approaching it's last meeting, as they boys are close to finishing fifth grade and aging out of the Cub Scout program. Your goal this year is for all the boys to qualify for the Arrow of Light. The boys have all been working hard to achieve that goal.

While you've been working with the boys individually for the last few meetings, trying to make sure all of them had finished all their requirements (and letting your Den Chief(s) occupy the boys who are already finished with that area).

Yesterday, one of your guys - Bowie - who is normally well-behaved and polite, was on a tear. While his step-dad and older (step-)brother have both been helping him, he had a couple of issues that he wanted you to help him with. You explained how you had things set up, and promised you'd talk to him, but not right then. For some reason, that really sat Bowie off, and he not only didn't take it well, but he was a bit bratty and disruptive.

Bowie's older step-brother, Mark, is an Eagle Scout and has been one of your Den Chiefs since their family moved into the area. After you'd given Bowie several warnings, Mark took his brother aside. The two of them had a quiet talk and Bowie settled down.

You thought that was the end of it.

Today, Bowie and Mark came back.

Step-brothers together
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bowie showed you the work he'd done, then asked if you would sit down and go over everything with him to make sure he had it all done. You agreed, and Mark said he was going upstairs to visit your older son, with whom he's friends.

Before Mark could leave, Bowie apologized to you for how he'd acted the day before, and assured you that Mark spanked him for it, as soon as they get home.

You turn to look at Mark, because you didn't know Mark had permission to spank his little brother. Judging by the way Mark is fidgeting and blushing, there might be a good reason you didn't know it.

How do you deal with the issue from here?

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

2 Re: BOTD Extra - 1 May 2013: A Helping Hand on Wed May 01, 2013 5:32 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
Um I consider it Family business. What happens is between Bowie and Mark and parental units.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

3 Re: BOTD Extra - 1 May 2013: A Helping Hand on Wed May 01, 2013 6:36 pm

mahoover

Cowboy
In reality I agree that it is between Bowie, Mark and his parents. Nothing for me to do.

The evil part of me Twisted Evil would get Mark aside later and find out if he has spanking privileges. If he doesn't have spanking privileges, then I would see if I can convince him to let me spank him.

4 Re: BOTD Extra - 1 May 2013: A Helping Hand on Wed May 01, 2013 6:58 pm

talebearer

Cowboy
Agree with John Boy.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Talebearer

5 Re: BOTD Extra - 1 May 2013: A Helping Hand on Wed May 01, 2013 7:35 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
My ditto goes to John Boy.

6 Re: BOTD Extra - 1 May 2013: A Helping Hand on Wed May 01, 2013 10:30 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm also with John Boy. I didn't hear Bowie complaining, so it's none of my business.

Kat

7 Re: BOTD Extra - 1 May 2013: A Helping Hand on Thu May 02, 2013 2:03 am

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I see older step bro is is wearing a Brotherhood O/A sash. I am a Vigil Honor member and understand what this means. Presuming that he has accepted all that means, I'm fine with this as he will see to it that the little guy upholds the values. Actually I see it as mentoring at its best!

Last edited by 1strappedboy on Thu May 02, 2013 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelling/fat fingers)

8 Re: BOTD Extra - 1 May 2013: A Helping Hand on Thu May 02, 2013 4:12 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
Family matter. Certainly Bowie has had his. In any case Mark as eale scout is probably too big to deakl with in the same way. It might depend how well I know the family. All I can see though is that Mark has dealt with Bowies brattishness. If there was a real problem I imagine Bowie would be on to his parents unless...

9 Re: BOTD Extra - 1 May 2013: A Helping Hand on Thu May 02, 2013 4:42 am

Padraig

Trailboss
I will have a quiet word with the older brother and suggest that he better clears future issues with his parents before doing something that might come back to him. Otherwise I don't interfere.

10 Re: BOTD Extra - 1 May 2013: A Helping Hand on Thu May 02, 2013 6:33 am

Stone Man

Marshall
The boys' relationship appears to be good, so I will leave it as family business.

11 Re: BOTD Extra - 1 May 2013: A Helping Hand on Thu May 02, 2013 11:14 am

Um. If Bowie is a Webelo, why is he still wearing his Tiger neckerchief?

12 Re: BOTD Extra - 1 May 2013: A Helping Hand on Thu May 02, 2013 11:44 am

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Good question, that!! Now that I look closely, I see his brother has District Service shoulder loops (silver) instead of the Boy Scout ones (green)!

Both are out of uniform and should be attended to forthwith Twisted Evil !!

13 Re: BOTD Extra - 1 May 2013: A Helping Hand on Thu May 02, 2013 11:46 am

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Stone Man wrote:The boys' relationship appears to be good, so I will leave it as family business.

I agree!

Iconoclast

14 Re: BOTD Extra - 1 May 2013: A Helping Hand on Thu May 02, 2013 6:06 pm

Jack

Admin
Boy Smack wrote:Um. If Bowie is a Webelo, why is he still wearing his Tiger neckerchief?

1strappedboy wrote:Good question, that!! Now that I look closely, I see his brother has District Service shoulder loops (silver) instead of the Boy Scout ones (green)!

Both are out of uniform and should be attended to forthwith Twisted Evil !!

Because I don't post pictures of the boys I'm really talking about here, and this is the closest picture I could actually find. Not only were there those problems you mentioned, but my front door has a foyer and isn't like that at all.

Seriously, though, I went along with pretty much everyone else. With the age difference involved, I would only have a problem if Bowie seemed to have a problem. Since the two of them do have a good relationship, I wasn't too worried about it.

On the other hand, I am going to have a talk with Mark, both about the fact that I didn't really think his little brother needed a spanking (though I'll admit he was pushing it, so there may have been other considerations), as well as attempting to get some details.

15 Re: BOTD Extra - 1 May 2013: A Helping Hand on Thu May 02, 2013 6:28 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Jack:

Just for the record, I realize that; there's no way on Earth that you could and for many reasons!

I was being a goof ball!

D

16 Re: BOTD Extra - 1 May 2013: A Helping Hand on Fri May 03, 2013 4:12 am

Jack

Admin
1strappedboy wrote:Jack:

Just for the record, I realize that; there's no way on Earth that you could and for many reasons!

I was being a goof ball!

D

I know, which is why I added the comment about my front door Razz

On the other hand, looking at the pic again, I could sure see the Boy spanking the Tiger, then having to wait for Dad for his own turn. I love you

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum