Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 5-8-13: One More Last Chance

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 5-8-13: One More Last Chance on Tue May 07, 2013 5:54 pm

Jack

Admin
Skating helmets aren't required in your city. You're reasonably understanding of why some boys don't like them, but you do require that 'proper safety equipment' be worn when the boys are practicing stunts. The man across the street from you, Jack Wells, often lets the kids hang out at his house, since he often works at home and has a big house, and he has the same rule.

Last month, your son, Clint, and one of his best friends, Parker (Jack's son), got spanked by Parker's dad for not having their helmets on when working on tricks. Your next door neighbors son, Kirby, left just before Jack caught the other two boys, so he managed to get by without a sore bottom that time.

Early this afternoon, a group of boys on skateboards were in Jack's driveway.

(Here they are last week at the skate park)
Clint, Kirby, Phil, Paden, Parker, Nolan, Joel - all boys are 11 or 12

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(All the boys, except Phil, were at Jack's house this afternoon).

Jack tells you that he heard some panicked noise, and then someone came running in, calling for him. He went outside to find the boys had been doing some kind of jump off a home made (but safe) ramp. Your son, Clint, was lying on the ground,cradling his left hand. Jack checked him, and had someone call you. You took him to the emergency room to find that his wrist was sprained and he had one broken finger. Fortunately he's right handed, so it's painful, but not really debilitating.

When you get home, you go across to talk to Jack. Clint shows him and the other boys who are around his finger cast and sling. He comes back just in time to overhear Jack telling you that, while two of the boys - Nolan and Joel - were wearing their helmets, Parker, Kirby, and Paden hadn't been, and all three of them were thoroughly spanked about it.

Thinking about it, you realize that Clint hadn't been wearing his helmet when the accident occurred.

Has Clint already suffered enough, or does red sauce for the goose, mean red for Clint?

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

2 Re: BOTD 5-8-13: One More Last Chance on Tue May 07, 2013 5:58 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I think Clint has suffered enough. He's broken his finger, sprained his wrist, endured an ER visit (and probably an ER doc and several nurses who ragged on him about helmets). He's STILL in at least discomfort from the broken finger.

I can't imagine how spanking him on top of all that would add to his understanding about the need to wear a helmet. A talk regarding him being lucky it was JUST his finger, rather than a permanent and serious brain injury, is in order lest he take the 11 year old's view that a helmet wouldn't have helped his wrist or finger.

3 Re: BOTD 5-8-13: One More Last Chance on Tue May 07, 2013 7:20 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
I concur with the good doctor's prescription. DITTO Kier!

4 Re: BOTD 5-8-13: One More Last Chance on Tue May 07, 2013 8:24 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
With 2/3 of the K Klub chiming in, I agree with their assessment.

5 Re: BOTD 5-8-13: One More Last Chance on Tue May 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Padraig

Trailboss
May I join too?

6 Re: BOTD 5-8-13: One More Last Chance on Tue May 07, 2013 8:46 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
Twisted Evil if he can live with the fact his friends got a thorough spanking. Then the injury to his hand is all. Twisted Evil

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

7 Re: BOTD 5-8-13: One More Last Chance on Tue May 07, 2013 10:43 pm

JTT

Cowboy
I agree that Clint has suffered enough. Something tells me that this will be a much more memorable lesson then a spanking.

http://www.jonathantaylorthomas7.wordpress.com

8 Re: BOTD 5-8-13: One More Last Chance on Wed May 08, 2013 12:20 am

kalico

Sherrif
Very Happy Im joining in with my "K" club!!!!

hugs kal

9 Re: BOTD 5-8-13: One More Last Chance on Wed May 08, 2013 12:58 am

Padraig

Trailboss
John Boy wrote:Twisted Evil if he can live with the fact his friends got a thorough spanking. Then the injury to his hand is all. Twisted Evil

Hopefully the group will not blame him for getting spanked in first place, since they got caught only because of the accident... well, at least in kids' thinking.

10 Re: BOTD 5-8-13: One More Last Chance on Wed May 08, 2013 4:56 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
Ironic its a broken finger isn't it. No I think he's suffered enough, but keep up the good work nurses. May be one day the message will get through. I don't think his pals will feel he got away lightly

11 Re: BOTD 5-8-13: One More Last Chance on Wed May 08, 2013 7:30 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm in the K Club.

Kat

12 Re: BOTD 5-8-13: One More Last Chance on Wed May 08, 2013 9:08 am

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I also concur with the good Doctor!

Iconoclast

13 Re: BOTD 5-8-13: One More Last Chance on Wed May 08, 2013 2:29 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
Clint will be going over my knee for his own red sauce. It may not be as severe as it would have been without the injury, but his bottom will be red and he will be crying just like his buddies.

14 Re: BOTD 5-8-13: One More Last Chance on Wed May 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Jack

Admin
From what I can tell, the majority agreed with Clint's mom, though I believe Chuck was sure his little brother needed a trip over someone's lap for this. Honestly, given the situation, if it hadn't been a repeat for so many of them, I'm not sure if I would have spanked any of them.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

15 Re: BOTD 5-8-13: One More Last Chance on Fri May 10, 2013 12:50 am

talebearer

Cowboy
Clint simply needs to talk to the hand. His hand. A hand injury can be serious and long-term enough, and you simply have him reflect on what it would have been like if it had been his head. This is one case where the consequence is plenty.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Talebearer

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum