BOTD 05-24-12 Busted! An Ivor Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 05-24-12 Busted! An Ivor Production on Thu May 23, 2013 8:07 pm

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Busted!
An Ivor Production
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Shortly after this picture was taken the litter bin on which your 15 year old son Brandon is standing, collapsed. The local authority are pursuing him/you for costs to replace it - at what you consider to be an exorbitant figure.

Are you going to assist him in meeting that cost?

Will he have to make a payment with his hide?

(Those plimsolls look like they could be ideal for a sound slippering)

2 Re: BOTD 05-24-12 Busted! An Ivor Production on Thu May 23, 2013 8:08 pm

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
I think a good belt should do the trick!

3 Re: BOTD 05-24-12 Busted! An Ivor Production on Thu May 23, 2013 8:15 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
Was Brandon injured when the bin collapsed? That would make a difference to my answer.

Either way, though, I can't believe in this day a bin for public use by a city would be so flimsy as to collapse under the weight of a boy that small. At least in this country, the lawyers would be wetting themselves in anticipation of a big payout from the city. Paying an exorbitant replacement cost just doesn't compute for me.

I'm going to settle for a talk. I'd bet this was a peer pressure stunt, rather than something he thought up on his own. I'd imagine he's embarrassed, and maybe already a bit the worse for wear from his fall. Beyond making sure he knows how lucky he was to not have been really injured, I can't see where a spanking (or strapping) is going to teach the lesson that even teenagers aren't invincible any better than the "natural consequences" have.

Last edited by AFinch on Fri May 24, 2013 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

4 Re: BOTD 05-24-12 Busted! An Ivor Production on Thu May 23, 2013 8:47 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I think Doc is right about this being an ambulance chaser's dream here in the US, though other countries are nearly as bad.

Sweeping that reality aside though, I'll pay for the damage and once Brandon recovers from any injuries he received from the fall I'll take the $ from his hide courtesy of some cowhide (the strop).

5 Re: BOTD 05-24-12 Busted! An Ivor Production on Thu May 23, 2013 8:52 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
AFinch wrote:Was Brandon injured when the bin collapsed? That would make a difference to my answer.

Either way, though, I can't believe in this day a bin for public use by a city would be so flimsy as to collapse under the weight of a boy that small. At least in this country, the lawyers would be wetting themselves in anticipation of a big payout from the city. Paying an exorbitant replacement cost just doesn't compute for me.

I'm going to settle for a talk. I'd bet this was a peer pressure stunt, rather than something he thought up on his own. I'd imagine he's embarrassed, and maybe already a bit the worse for wear from his fall. Beyond making she he knows how lucky he was to not have been really injured, I can't see where a spanking (or strapping) is going to teach the lesson that even teenagers aren't invincible any better than the "natural consequences" have.
Ditto

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

6 Re: BOTD 05-24-12 Busted! An Ivor Production on Thu May 23, 2013 9:44 pm

talebearer

Cowboy
He's not on a litter bin. That's a traffic light he's standing on, more exactly, a pedestrian walk/wait sign. And it's not as durable as a trash bin.

Serious trouble, and you better hope that he's not in some kind of official trouble, malicious mischief, financial liability or whatever. You'll need to assure the authorities you'll settle his hash, and hope that they leave it at that.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Talebearer

7 Re: BOTD 05-24-12 Busted! An Ivor Production on Thu May 23, 2013 10:15 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
Doing a ditto on Kier and JB. But, TB is right, it's not a litter bin but a traffic signal so the ramifications might be a bit more serious.

8 Re: BOTD 05-24-12 Busted! An Ivor Production on Fri May 24, 2013 12:00 am

Padraig

Trailboss
I think this happened during a festival parade or something with music involved. Not that that changes anything but I too think having to pay the damage (at least partly) with his pocket money will have more impact than any spanking can.

9 Re: BOTD 05-24-12 Busted! An Ivor Production on Fri May 24, 2013 12:16 am

AFinch

Sherrif
David M. Katz wrote:Doing a ditto on Kier and JB. But, TB is right, it's not a litter bin but a traffic signal so the ramifications might be a bit more serious.

Maybe so, but the scenario specifies it's a "litter bin".
"Shortly after this picture was taken the litter bin on which your 15 year old son Brandon is standing, collapsed. "

10 Re: BOTD 05-24-12 Busted! An Ivor Production on Fri May 24, 2013 2:07 am

ivor

Marshall
The author takes the blame!

The idea of it being a walk/wait sign never occurred to me, but I agree it is much more likely.

However, I do strongly disagree that either would have to be built strongly enough to withstand the weight of a 15 yr old kid standing on them. Although if it was in the US maybe anything is possible.........

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

11 Re: BOTD 05-24-12 Busted! An Ivor Production on Fri May 24, 2013 2:30 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
I fear I am not going to get far with the lawyers and that the Citys costs will be beyond Brandons immediate means. So his Eros? impersonation is going to have consequences; for me. Still misery loves company so Brandon, having shown disdain for clothes will not mind if his allowance is taken away for a couple of weeks. I agree with those who think spanking for this a waste of energy but Brandon will be getting the chewing out of his life.

12 Re: BOTD 05-24-12 Busted! An Ivor Production on Fri May 24, 2013 4:04 am

Jack

Admin
Why exactly was he on the liter bin? Does it look like it should support his weight?

My basic feeling is that we're going to talk to my lawyer.

The honest truth is that those things were not meant to be stood on, and I can understand why they might be trying to hold Brandon responsible (btw - I'm assuming it collapsed WHILE he was standing on it - otherwise, all bets are off), so I'd probably be willing to confirm the price for a replacement, and pay that, shipping, and a reasonable fine for the work involved, without making them take me to court.

As for CP - I doubt it. This isn't the kind of thing that's likely to happen twice, and all the uproar should make a better impression than a sore butt would. Unless we've had this kind of trouble before, he can keep his sneakers where they are.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

13 Re: BOTD 05-24-12 Busted! An Ivor Production on Fri May 24, 2013 4:08 am

Jack

Admin
ivor wrote:The author takes the blame!

The idea of it being a walk/wait sign never occurred to me, but I agree it is much more likely.

However, I do strongly disagree that either would have to be built strongly enough to withstand the weight of a 15 yr old kid standing on them. Although if it was in the US maybe anything is possible.........

There are sometimes you have an idea for a scenario, when you just can't find a picture to match. There are other times you see a picture and get an idea, then later realize what you'd seen wasn't exactly what was there. I've done both of those. Still, the scenario is the scenario.

Ivor, the public waste bins we use in the US should stand up to being stood on by someone light (and agile) enough to climb upon them. Quite honestly, if they're in a place where they could be climbed upon, and didn't have signs warning people not to do so, there would be room for a suit and all the bad publicity that went along with it. Now, how successful that suit might be would be another question.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

14 Re: BOTD 05-24-12 Busted! An Ivor Production on Fri May 24, 2013 8:00 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Whether the bin should have held him is beside the point. Its purpose is not to provide a pedestal but to receive refuse. I will cover the replacement cost and Brandon will pay me back. I will research the cost independently and lodge a complaint in the appropriate quarter if the city has billed me with an absurd mark up. However, these things can be surprisingly expensive, and the city will no doubt argue that it is entitled to recoup not only the actual cost of the bin but the cost in man hours for tracking the culprit, ordering the replacement, removing the destroyed bin and installing the replacement bin.

Kat

Last edited by Kat on Wed May 29, 2013 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : superfluous and incorrect apostrophe)

15 Re: BOTD 05-24-12 Busted! An Ivor Production on Wed May 29, 2013 3:54 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
Having just priced out two small, basic, covered trash bins for my school ($604.00 each) I can only imagine the expense being claimed.

My boy's savings account is going to take a serious hit, which will likely have much more of an impact on him than a few hits to his butt.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum