You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 05-25-13 Tony's Tough Choices - 1975

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 05-25-13 Tony's Tough Choices - 1975 on Fri May 24, 2013 8:05 pm

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Tony’s Tough Choices – 1975

A Kat Production

Tony is fifteen and he needs your help in making some tough choices. He skipped school today with his best friend, Lewis. While the boys were playing hooky, they were caught trying to shoplift a pack of cigarettes from the neighborhood convenience store. Tony distracted the clerk while Lewis tried to slip behind the counter. The owner of the store, however, came from the stockroom and caught Lewis in the act. It didn’t take long to figure out that Tony was an accomplice. The boys are fortunate that the owner called their fathers rather than the police.

Tony
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tony’s dad is furious with him, and fairly or unfairly, considers that Tony is guilty of three separate offenses: truancy, theft and smoking (or at least the intention of smoking). He tells Tony that he is due three punishments, but…

Tony can take three separate spankings with the hairbrush, spread out over three days… OR

Tony can take two whippings with his Dad’s belt, spread out over two days… OR

Tony can take one switching, with a switch cut from the crepe myrtle tree, to clear the books this evening.

To help him with his decision, you should know that hairbrush spankings are given with a Lucite brush that has incredible sting but leaves no bruises or lingering soreness. Hairbrush spankings are fast and furious, and they continue until he is bawling. If he gets spanked at bedtime, by morning, he will be fine. Belt whippings are one lick for every year of his age (15 licks) and are given slowly and deliberately. The belt stings less at the time, but it leaves a long-lasting burn and usually some slight bruising that causes soreness into the next day. Normally, Tony would prefer the belt to the brush. Switchings are also one lick for every year of age, and licks are paced at three-second intervals so that there is no relief from the building sting. The crepe myrtle switch has a vicious sting and leaves behind welts and some light bruising. It doesn’t cause as much soreness the next day as the belt, but it is far more painful at the time it is administered. Also, there is the added anxiety of having to cut and peel his own switch. Whatever Tony decides at home, he will have to take five swats tomorrow at school for skipping. The swats will be with a heavy school paddle, and are likely to cause some bruising.

2 Re: BOTD 05-25-13 Tony's Tough Choices - 1975 on Fri May 24, 2013 8:06 pm

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Take the Switching Tony.. next time make better choices!

3 Re: BOTD 05-25-13 Tony's Tough Choices - 1975 on Fri May 24, 2013 8:40 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Good grief; this IS a tough choice!

Sir Skates is right about that advice. Take the switch and done with it; especially since you must face the board. You're going to be sore enough without spreading the misery over that many individual beatings.

Besides, if you scream and carry on like you're being murdered perhaps you'll guilt the old man into letting off with fewer because you know that inside he wants to throw up at the thought of switching you.

4 Re: BOTD 05-25-13 Tony's Tough Choices - 1975 on Fri May 24, 2013 8:54 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I'd advise taking the switching as well. If I were the dad, even in 1975, I'd wait to do it until AFTER the school swats to forestall a CPS inquiry.

My childhood experience was it's going to hurt like hell, and you're going to bawl like a baby no matter what's used--better to only get that once.

5 Re: BOTD 05-25-13 Tony's Tough Choices - 1975 on Fri May 24, 2013 9:03 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
I am in the switching group.

6 Re: BOTD 05-25-13 Tony's Tough Choices - 1975 on Fri May 24, 2013 9:19 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
Skater wrote:Take the Switching Tony.. next time make better choices!

Ditto Skater.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

7 Re: BOTD 05-25-13 Tony's Tough Choices - 1975 on Sat May 25, 2013 1:22 am

ivor

Marshall
Run away!

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

8 Re: BOTD 05-25-13 Tony's Tough Choices - 1975 on Sat May 25, 2013 3:45 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
If the switching ncan be done a dy after the paddling it might be bearable . The worst option seems to me to be two beltings. On top of a paddling anything is going to feel terrible so best get it over with in one go. Either way young man expect to be very sore

9 Re: BOTD 05-25-13 Tony's Tough Choices - 1975 on Sat May 25, 2013 4:46 am

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I will support Doc's observation circa 1975. That year I was 12 and had been the recipient of Alex's concept of discipline. I largely kept things under wraps/to myself. I was very much afraid of what would happen if when this would have come to the attention of the public at large.

10 Re: BOTD 05-25-13 Tony's Tough Choices - 1975 on Sat May 25, 2013 6:11 am

David M. Katz

Marshall
ivor wrote:Run away!

Perhaps Uncle Jack can take him in? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

11 Re: BOTD 05-25-13 Tony's Tough Choices - 1975 on Sat May 25, 2013 9:56 am

LilMoritz

Wrangler
Hey Tony

Run away is never a right choice.
Take the switching and once all is over.
And take it like a man

LilMoritz

12 Re: BOTD 05-25-13 Tony's Tough Choices - 1975 on Sat May 25, 2013 10:19 am

AFinch

Sherrif
LilMoritz wrote:Hey Tony

And take it like a man

LilMoritz

You can't run away from trouble.
There ain't no place dat far.
Uncle Remus

13 Re: BOTD 05-25-13 Tony's Tough Choices - 1975 on Sat May 25, 2013 1:25 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
AFinch wrote:
LilMoritz wrote:Hey Tony

And take it like a man

LilMoritz

You can't run away from trouble.
There ain't no place dat far.
Uncle Remus

SO true, that. Besides, what would happen when dad catches/finds you?

14 Re: BOTD 05-25-13 Tony's Tough Choices - 1975 on Wed May 29, 2013 3:08 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
ivor wrote:Run away!

Time to join the circus. clown

The switching seems to be the best choice of three bad ones. I also think it would best be delivered after the school punishment where a concerned and loving Dad can adjust the severity to make the point but not over do it.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum