a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 06-01-13 Adam is Abashed - A Kat Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Adam is Abashed
A Kat Production

You have two sons. The elder boy, Adam, is thirteen, while the younger boy, Aaron, is only six. Aaron worships his older brother and wouldn’t deliberately do something to upset him, but like most very young kids, he hasn’t learned when to hold his tongue. Last night, you spanked Adam. He seemed to accept the spanking, and though he was a little reserved with you for the rest of the evening, he seemed fine with you this morning. This afternoon, you picked Aaron up from school before going to collect Adam and a group of his friends that you take every week to soccer practice. Someone made a remark about ‘spanking’ another team, which prompted Aaron to tell everyone about Adam’s recent spanking.

Adam
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Of course, Adam’s friends began teasing him, though you did your best to smooth matters over. Now Adam is angry with Aaron, who doesn’t understand why. He is also upset with you. He is sure he is the only boy who still gets spanked at his age and feels very keenly the humiliation of having his friends know, which is probably why he tells you tonight, in a very belligerent tone, that you’re not ever going to spank him again. How will you handle this situation? Is Aaron getting another spanking right now for his defiance?

Aaron
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

John Boy

Sherrif
I will discuss with Adam (If he can keep it civil) other options. I will also let Aaron know that he is not to talk about his brothers spankings, also How would he like it if Adam told all his friends about his spankings.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I'm willing to talk with Adam about his feelings of embarrassment in a way that points out that everyone is embarrassed when they mess up and are punished; even kids who are grounded feel that sense of shyness when they explain to their friends why they can't go out or do whatever.

Hopefully I can reassure him that, as his dad, I fell this is the best way to enforce discipline because it is fast, effective and over and done with. (of course in reality, my kids already know this). I'm sure he'll see reason on that score.

I will tell his little brother to be more careful and make sure to preserve Adam's dignity.

Aaron can apologize to his brother for this incident, which I'm sure will be no problem since he adores big brother. I just hope that Adam will accept the apology with good grace, and harmony is again restored to our home.

kalico

Sherrif
Very Happy Dimitri has it for me!!!!

hugs kal

David M. Katz

Marshall
1strappedboy wrote:I'm willing to talk with Adam about his feelings of embarrassment in a way that points out that everyone is embarrassed when they mess up and are punished; even kids who are grounded feel that sense of shyness when they explain to their friends why they can't go out or do whatever.

Hopefully I can reassure him that, as his dad, I fell this is the best way to enforce discipline because it is fast, effective and over and done with. (of course in reality, my kids already know this). I'm sure he'll see reason on that score.

I will tell his little brother to be more careful and make sure to preserve Adam's dignity.

Aaron can apologize to his brother for this incident, which I'm sure will be no problem since he adores big brother. I just hope that Adam will accept the apology with good grace, and harmony is again restored to our home.

I like this answer and so I shall steal it and call it mine. Very Happy

Kittykat

Deputy
Ditto Dimitri

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm also going to ditto Dimitri. For once, I have nothing to add.

ivor

Marshall
I can understand Adam being embarrassed, but I'm sure the group will soon find another target to rib about something.

Of course now might not be the ideal time to point out to him that if instead of spanking him I grounded him then he wouldn't be able to see his friends. Smile

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

squarecutter

Sherrif
ivor wrote:I can understand Adam being embarrassed, but I'm sure the group will soon find another target to rib about something.

Of course now might not be the ideal time to point out to him that if instead of spanking him I grounded him then he wouldn't be able to see his friends. Smile

Ivor I think now might be precisely the time to mention this. I will tell him that it will probably blow over very quickly and that I also sure he is not the only one in his peer group. But if he wishes to think about it and discuss it when he is a bit calmer and has thought about it a bit more we can talk through the alternatives. I will tell him I'm sorry Aaron had spilled the beans that way and try to explain why it embarrassed Adam but I don't want Adam taking any retribution.

Aaron will be asked how he feels after a spanking. Does he want everyone to know about it. Whatever he feels is doubled for 13 year olds. A nice apology might help

Jack

Admin
At six, Aaron is probably old enough to know there are things we don't talk about publicly. On the other hand, I can understand that sometimes things just slip out. Aaron and I are going to have a talk.

As for Aaron, his upset is understandable. I'll let him know that he does not need to be talking to me that way, and I'll remind him of some of the things he did at six that embarrassed me.

When he's had a chance to calm down (and if he doesn't calm down quickly enough, I'll explain this), we'll talk about how and why I chose to apply consequences in this manner, and we'll discuss other ways it can be done. However, I'll also suggest he talk to a few of his friends, because I'm pretty sure a couple of them still get the occasional sore bottom as well.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Stone Man

Marshall
Good answers to which I have nothing new to add.

Anecdote: At thirteen, one of my friends started claiming that his parents had shifted over to groundings as punishment for misbehavior. I knew for a fact that my closest friends were still subject to spankings lickin's or whippin's so none of us cared to question him on it.

Until... there were five of us gathered around for an afternoon snowball fight. Somehow Rolling Eyes a snowball or two??? made their ways to vehicles traveling down the nearby road. To our dismay one driver stopped and it happened to be a mother who knew all our names. Our goose (Geese?) was cooked as she followed up with phone calls to our parents to be sure we had told them as we had promised her we would do.

Four of us got major lickin's and/or whippin's and the one left got "grounded" for a week.

On the second day the "grounded boy" showed up to play with us after school we surrounded him until he had to admit that he had never been grounded in his life and that his parents still "spanked" him with no end in sight.

I hope Adam's friends will be honest and admit to still being spanked if that is truly the case.

David M. Katz

Marshall
Stone Man wrote: Somehow Rolling Eyes a snowball or two??? made their ways to vehicles traveling down the nearby road.

Those darn snowballs do have a mind of their own, don't they, Stone! Razz Razz

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Don't they just though?

I'm going to have to share our tale of misdirected snow and the trouble it bought for us! (Me and my brothers). We honestly and genuinely did not intend for the snow to do what it did. The whuppin's we got were monumental!!!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum