BOTD 06-21-2013 Jungle Justice? A MM Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster

Jungle Justice?
A Memory Man Production

Sam- 13
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your thirteen year old son Sam is an adventurous athletic boy. He will have a go at any sport but his chosen one is boxing and he has a few trophies on a shelf in his room. Basically he is a good kid you are proud of but he is prone to keep testing the boundaries thus is still subject to spankings and an occasional encounter with the strap.

This Saturday afternoon he has gone down to the park with a couple of his friends for a kickabout. Some time later when you take the dog down there for a walk you spot a disturbance amongst a group of youths and see Sam standing over another boy on the ground. You walk across unnoticed to find a boy who is rather bigger than Sam and looks older sitting nursing a bloody nose and a split lip, possibly also with the beginnings of a black eye. Sam is standing over him challenging him to get up. The fury in Sam's face and the venom of his challenge alarms you and you take a firm grasp on his arm and lead him away from the fracas.

Sam is so wound up and angry that he is unable to respond coherently to your demand for an explanation but his friends explain that there had been bad blood between Sam and the other boy who had a reputation as a bully, that recently the boy had started putting it round that Sam didn't know who his real father was because his mother was a whore. When Sam spotted him in the park he went across to confront him but the other lad just sneered at him, told him to f**k off and gave him a violent push.

Your hand released its grip on Sam's arm and moved up to rest on his shoulder. At this the adrenaline suddenly stopped pumping and he clung on to you as he dissolved into tears.

How do you proceed from here?

Kittykat

Deputy
We go home, I check out his knuckles for injuries and cuts, and he gets ice cream. GO Sam!

David M. Katz

Marshall
Kittykat wrote:We go home, I check out his knuckles for injuries and cuts, and he gets ice cream. GO Sam!

Very well said. DITTO Kitty!

Stone Man

Marshall
Truly well said. Sometimes a boy needs to do what a boy needs to do, and this was one of those times.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
A very tight hug for my boy and a hearty 'well done, son!'

No way I'm fussing at him for this one; he's defending mom's honor.  A good boy am I raising here.

John Boy

Sherrif
We hug and go home, and make sure my attorney is on speed dial in case this fight becomes a police problem.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
It sounds like a bully bought and paid for what he got. Luckily there are witnesses as to who made first physical contact. I'm with everyone else who has replied so far.

Kat

Padraig

Trailboss
Right now, I will decide nothing. We will go home, and when he is ready, we will talk.

I want him to know that boxing belongs into the ring, not at the street. I will not blame him for what he had done, but I won't praise him either. I will tell him that I'm proud he stood up for his mother, but also will talk about different ways to handle such situations.

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm with the rest of the K Club.  Well said, Kitty.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'm approaching this from the standpoint that we all have our snapping point and that Sam had just reached his.  My hand will remain on his shoulder until he has composed himself and I will assure him that he is not in any kind of trouble from me.

Nevertheless we fare best if we don't snap in stressful situations, an issue that needs to be addressed.  I was pleased to observe that Sam had retained sufficient self control to stand back once his opponent was on the floor.  When we are alone and he has calmed down sufficiently I will praise him for this and hopefully use it as a starting point for a discussion - as opposed a lecture.

In the rather unlikely event of any external follow-up consequences his friends have witnessed what happened and he will have my full support.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

squarecutter

Sherrif
Kat wrote:It sounds like a bully bought and paid for what he got. Luckily there are witnesses as to who made first physical contact. I'm with everyone else who has replied so far.

Kat my feeling too.I imagine that will be the end of that. I want Sam to know though I don't want punching a kids lights out to be his default reaction. The one bit that concerns me is that he appeared to be the instigator of the physical part of this argument and even seemed to be looking for it. He can't make it a habit

Jack

Admin
With witnesses providing this story, and considering what things are like these days, I think I'm going to have to call the police and report what's happened - that my son protected himself after being physically attacked.

At one point, I would probably have just contacted the other boys father, but I'm not sure that's a real option these days.

As for what's going to happen between myself and Sam, it's mostly going to be a long talk.  While this boy was bigger than Sam, and while this boy took it physical first, as someone who's trained to fight, Sam is going to have to learn to control his temper, no matter what the provocation.

Unless something like this has happened before, I don't think any type of punishment is called for, and I think dealing with the police (and hands that are used to punching in boxing gloves) is going to make enough of an impression on him.

ivor

Marshall
My immeiate reaction was to go with Kitty's answer and ponder no further.

But on thinking more about it there is a concern that Sam is a boxer and here has quite possibly used the skills he has been taught in a way that he shouldn't. Providing he can convince me  that was a totally 'one off' situation then it will go no further, but make it clear to him that I would take action should he ever again use his fists outside of the ring.

Last edited by ivor on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Kittykat wrote:We go home, I check out his knuckles for injuries and cuts, and he gets ice cream. GO Sam!

Agree and I will further congratulate Sam on his victory over the bully who clearly issued fighting words, to which Sam replied in the only honorable manor!

Iconoclast

Padraig

Trailboss
Jack wrote:With witnesses providing this story, and considering what things are like these days, I think I'm going to have to call the police and report what's happened - that my son protected himself after being physically attacked.

Well, and here it is goingt to get tricky. According to the scenario the other kid pushed (though with force) him after being confronted. But Sam hit him serveral times with his fists (nose, lips, eyes). Furthermore he was the one who started the confrontation at first place. So who was definding and who was attacking?

Jack

Admin
Padraig wrote:
Jack wrote:With witnesses providing this story, and considering what things are like these days, I think I'm going to have to call the police and report what's happened - that my son protected himself after being physically attacked.

Well, and here it is goingt to get tricky. According to the scenario the other kid pushed (though with force) him after being confronted. But Sam hit him serveral times with his fists (nose, lips, eyes). Furthermore he was the one who started the confrontation at first place. So who was definding and who was attacking?

To me, there's a huge difference between confronting someone who's been saying stuff about you and laying hands on another person. Unless you're actually threatening another person (in a believable manner), you're not doing anything illegal. ANY contact can be considered assault, even just tapping someone on the shoulder.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

ivor

Marshall
Have to say the more I think about this one, the less well young Sam comes out of it.

To me there is a lot of difference between a 'violent push' and an assault with fists - and we are talking assault since there was more than one blow delivered.

I am fairly sure there have been cases in the past of boxers being found guilty of 'assault with a deadly weapon' when using their fists outside the ring.

It could get quite tricky if the other boy decides to involve the police

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

talebearer

Cowboy
Put your arm around him and take him home. Treat any scrapes, and allow that maybe he was a little over-emphatic, but let's make allowances for provocation, shall we?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Talebearer

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum