a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 06-23-2013 Oscar's Open House 1977 - A Kat Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster

Oscar’s Open House – 1977

A Kat Production

The school district where your kids attend school has an “open house” night every spring. The open house is really just a chance for the schools to show themselves to advantage. The classrooms are spruced up, and the kids’ best work is displayed. Parents can drop in and look around, as well as visit with the teachers for a few minutes during a two-hour period on the evening of the open house.

Oscar 13
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The final stop for your family is the open house of your oldest son, 13-year-old Oscar, as Oscar has a different teacher for each subject. When you get to his science classroom, you notice that the teacher, Coach Benedict, has his paddle leaned up against the chalkboard. The paddle is covered in signatures. As you wait for Coach Benedict to finish talking with another parent, you jokingly ask Oscar if you’d find his name on it if you looked. To your surprise, Oscar turns red, gulps and nods.  Then the teacher approaches you, and rather awkwardly, the story comes out. Back in November, Oscar got swats for cheating on a test. Now you realize that the unexpectedly low science grade for that grading period was because Oscar got a zero on that test paper. At the time, he told you he had just had a bad few weeks but would study harder and bring the grade up. You accepted the explanation, the grade did come up, and you thought no more about it.

Will this new information lead to another sore backside for Oscar, or has this ship already sailed?

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Yesterday's boy got the "get out of spanking card"

Oscar? Well he's getting the belt when we get home!

David M. Katz

Marshall
Bon voyage'!

This ship has sailed.

However a long discussion at home followed by better communication with the school will occur.

Oops! Embarassed I just noticed the year was 1977. The belt is coming off and cow hide will meet boy hide.

AFinch

Sherrif
Even in 1966, that ship would have sailed, at least where I grew up.

He already got swats at school.  He already got a lower than expected grade.  And it was months ago.

Maybe that's why my bio kids are such brats, but I'm not punishing him, again, six months after the fact.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
AFinch wrote:Even in 1966, that ship would have sailed, at least where I grew up.

He already got swats at school.  He already got a lower than expected grade.  And it was months ago.

Maybe that's why my bio kids are such brats, but I'm not punishing him, again, six months after the fact.
I agree!  The ship has sailed.

Iconoclast

Stone Man

Marshall
Oscar and I will be talking about the lie he told, even though I understand his reluctance to be up front about it. I'm not in the habit of punishing twice if the once has taken care of things... licks and a zero are quite adequate and appropriate in Oscar's circumstance.

He will likely get a few swats of my hand to his clothed butt when we have our talk, but that is all he will get from me.

Kittykat

Deputy
I'm with the majority, I couldn't spank 6 months after the fact. He is however going to be told that I'm keeping an eye on him.

John Boy

Sherrif
David M. Katz wrote:Bon voyage'!

This ship has sailed.

However a long discussion at home followed by better communication with the school will occur.

Oops!  Embarassed  I just noticed the year was 1977.  The belt is coming off and cow hide will meet boy hide.  
Ditto there

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

ivor

Marshall
The implication is that this is the only time Oscar has been paddled at school or at least a school paddling would be a rare event. Basically therefore I'd be inclined after all this time to let it go.

BUT

Seeing this is back in 1977 and had I told him that if he got paddled at school then he'd get the belt from me at home and that was why he said nothing at the time, then I reckon he'd be in for a 'double' now even this long afterwards.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
What bothers me is that this coach doesn't bother to contact the parents about something as serious as cheating on a test.  I'm going to ask Oscar to excuse us, while I ask this coach why he didn't contact me. 

Trying to be totally honest, I doubt I would have whupped Oz for this when it happened.  I would have found out why he was trying to cheat, and I would have been much stricter about him doing homework, but I don't think I would have actually (and especially not physically) punished him.

Once we're alone, if he has any worries, I'll assure him that he's not going to be punished, but we are going to talk about how I would have reacted, that I'm disappointed he didn't trust me enough to share this, and why he needs to tell me about all school punishment.  I'll also let him know I'm proud he was able to recover from the zero and bring his grade up.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Padraig

Trailboss
No, he made a (serious) mistake, was punished but got himself back on the track. What more would a spanking now teach him?

MemoryMan

Sherrif
In my day schools dealt with discipline problems "in house" without involving parents and this was often the case even as late as 1977 . 

I always wanted my parents to be proud of me and never told them when I'd been caned at school.  Although I had no double jeopardy to worry about there would be a distinct lack of sympathy ("Well you must have deserved it") sometimes followed up by an embarrassing inquest.

I knew better than to try to lie to dad when directly challenged, but in developing tricky situations I was sometimes able to spin a good enough yarn to deflect such a challenge and thus keep my bottom safe.

The incident is history now; but since I've found out I'll alleviate Oscar's embarrassment by telling him I'm pleased about the way he got stuck in and brought his grade back up by his own efforts - but -

- as then - It happened.  It was dealt with by the school.  End of story.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

squarecutter

Sherrif
The ship HAS sailed though Oscar will only be getting this particular passage once. There will e a small squall. We will talk about honesty as much as anything as essentially he lied about why his grade dipped.. I can cope with not getting to hear he got paddled. Its 1977 and it happens and if he gets what he earned at school that will close the matter, but cheating and  and losing grades and lying about it will bring  a sore bottom at home, to go no doubt with the one he gets at school. I think the school might have told me about the cheating or is thats 2000s parent speaking

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Spring of '77 eh?  That would have put me in 8th grade.  My name on the ol board of ed with some cock and bull story to the parental units? How many flavors of toast would that render me?

Needless to say, I'm not the tyrant that Alex was, but still Oscar's ass is grass even in the modern era.  He cheated and lied about it.  That would earn a good stropping in any event.  The time period simply guarantees it.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Perhaps some teachers would have called the parents in 1977, but in my own experience, such courtesy calls were rare. Grade reports were when parents found out about low or failing grades, and short of suspension, teachers and administration handled disciplinary issues without contacting parents.

Okay, Oscar lied to me about the reason for his low grade six months ago. I wouldn't have punished him twice for the same thing, so why did he lie? I expect he was embarrassed; and even if his bottom was safe, he dreaded the lecture. He probably also guessed that he would never end hear the end of the matter. Even the best intentioned parents have trouble putting a line under an incident such as this. I'm going to exercise great self control and let this go. If Oscar wants to talk about it, fine; otherwise, I'm keeping mum.

Kat

Pi Beta

Deputy
Once home, I'm going to take Oscar to a quiet corner and ask him to tell me all the whys and wherefors of this incident in his past.

If he's foolish enough to try to hide anything more from me, the hide of his backside is going to suffer grievously.

If he is totally open about it and I'm sure he's hiding nothing, I'll ask him what action he thinks I would have taken about this at the time and what he thinks I should do now having hidden it from me for six months. I suspect he'll admit that he deserves to be spanked in one form or another. I won't, however, do so but I will promise him a spanking to end all spankings if he ever cheats and lies to me again.

ivor

Marshall
But is Mum going to want you to do something about it??  Laughing

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I guarantee mum will 'want something done' about it!  It was so in my childhood home and it is so to my boys now. 

You know the old phrase: "Ain't no one happy if mama ain't happy"; there is absolute truth to this!! tongue

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum