a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 06-29-13 A Heartfelt Confession - A Memory Man Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
A Heartfelt Confession
A Memory Man Production

Mike is your 12 y.o. son Alan's best friend; they are both 'good kids,' if rather mischievous. Both boys are subject to spankings and since they spend so much time in each other's homes and have frequent sleepovers you have a reciprocal spanking arrangement with Mike's dad, an arrangement that has already been activated on a few occasions.

Through the boys you have got to know, and become friendly with Mike's parents and this summer you have rented adjacent log cabins on a lakeside site. All goes well for a few days; the boys vanish together for most of the day and you are having a quiet relaxing break until one afternoon you are sitting out on your veranda when Alan rushes past you and disappears inside. Shortly afterwards you hear yelps coming from next door accompanied by the unmistakable thrip-thrip of a switch being applied.

Immediately suspicious you go inside to question Alan, who is crying and won't talk until you threaten to ask next door. Haltingly he confesses they found half a packet of fags under a seat on the jetty and he had suggested they smoke them but Mike refused saying he'd get switched if they got caught, and "switching was easily the worst of anything."

Mike and Alan - Both 12
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Alan dared him but when they lit up Alan didn't like it, started coughing and threw his fag in the lake but Mike was still puffing away when his dad came past and caught them. Alan's tears welled up again at that point and he gasped out between sobs. "Dad! I was so chicken 'cos I've never ever had the switch and I knew Mike would get it and I was so scared that I would as well so I stayed quiet even though it was all my fault for daring him and he never grassed me up even though I'd let him take all the blame and now he's got switched and grounded for the day and I'm a great big wuss 'cos its all my fault and I said nothing and now we may as well go home 'cos Mike won't want to be my friend any more."

He was breaking his heart as he threw his arms round you.

What will you do?

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Ah, one of those times it's going to hurt to be a dad!

I'm going to encourage him to go over and fess up to his deeds and take his medicine.  That would be the best way to patch things up as I see it.

I will offer to accompany him over and be there for moral support and hopefully this works.

If all else fails, I'll spank him myself and he can let Mike know that he got it too.  He does deserve it, after all!  Twisted Evil

Trouble with this is that I will NOT  under any circumstance use a stick.  Sorry folks, I just can't do it to a child!  He will have to live with the fact that he 'chickened out' of the switch as his friend received.  Hopefully that will be motivation enough for him to go with plan A.

kalico

Sherrif
Im in agreement with Dimitri........

hugs kal

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm going to thank Mike for telling me the truth. I'm then going to ask him what he thinks should have happened for smoking?

We all know the answer.

I'm going to ask him whose idea the cigarettes were? (The scenario already has given me the answer to that), and finally I'm going to ask him how he'd feel if HE'D been the one left twisting in the wind? And by now, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to understand his answers through the crying.

I'm going to suggest the way to make this right is to go to Alan's house, make a full confession, and take his medicine like an honorable boy. I will offer to go with him if he needs or wants the moral support. Again, from the scenario, it sounds like Alan's switching wasn't abusive--he survived, and so will Mike. They anticipation of an unknown implement is nearly always worse than the actually sensation when one experiences it. For two boys thick as thieves, I can't imagine this will spell an end to the friendship.

Stone Man

Marshall
Alan has told me all I have to know. Once he's calmed from his crying I'll ask him what he thinks he should do to make things OK with this best friend, and knowing my son I'm sure he'll say he needs to go over to Mike's cabin and spill his guts to Mike's parents (or at least to Mike and his Dad).

I'm not going to ask Alan if he wants me to accompany him, I'm going with him anyway both for moral support and to see how young Mike is fairing after the switching to be better able to give or withhold my permission for Mike's Dad to use a switch in a similar way on Alan.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I can't really add anything to the answers already given. Alan knows what he must do. All that is really left for me is to be supportive.

Kat

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I will order some nicotine test kits and use them often on my son, and there will be severe punishment if he tests positive!

Iconoclast

John Boy

Sherrif
I'm with Dimitri

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

David M. Katz

Marshall
DITTO to the Stone Man!

Padraig

Trailboss
Nothing to add here from me.

ivor

Marshall
Switching on
]
]
]
]
]
]
]
]
Switching over

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
I'm kind of torn on this one. Alan didn't get caught, and I think that's going to keep him from repeating. On the other hand, never switched before or not, I think he'll feel better if he comes clean and takes his own punishment (whether that would be a switching in my household or something else). And the honest truth is, whether Alan dared or not, if Mike had quit when Alan had, he wouldn't have been caught or in trouble, so this wouldn't have resulted - I think Mike bought what he got. I will have a talk with Mike's Dad though. I think that grounding the boy (especially on a vacation like this) on top of a switching is overkill, and I kind of want to know why he didn't tell me what's going on, if he caught my son with his (even if mine was only around, and not actively smoking, I think I'd want to know about it).

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I had a response broadly in line with the consensus in mind so I'll dump it and instead note what a bunch of understanding dad's we have here at Bransom. Cool

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Jack

Admin
MemoryMan wrote:I had a response broadly in line with the consensus in mind so I'll dump it and instead note what a bunch of understanding dad's we have here at Bransom. Cool

To me, there's a huge difference in a kid who feels genuine remorse and confesses, and a kid who gets caught red-handed. When I was a kid, there were all too many times when one of the adults in my life just had to keep pushing and harping until I was only angry, instead of contrite or guilty. Knowing when to stop and when to be supportive is (to me) a lot of the difference in being a DNA-donor and being a real parent.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

David M. Katz

Marshall
Jack wrote:
To me, there's a huge difference in a kid who feels genuine remorse and confesses, and a kid who gets caught red-handed.  When I was a kid, there were all too many times when one of the adults in my life just had to keep pushing and harping until I was only angry, instead of contrite or guilty.  Knowing when to stop and when to be supportive is (to me) a lot of the difference in being a DNA-donor and being a real parent.

WOW! Wonderfully said! I so agree. Very Happy 

squarecutter

Sherrif
Dimitri and Kier have it. I have been conflicted since I first read this on and I still wonder whether we can use whatever happens to be my nuclear option in th others house without losing the freindship. After all it was Mike who carried on smoking

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum