Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 1 July 2013 - Breaking Point

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 1 July 2013 - Breaking Point on Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:15 am

Jack

Admin
Your two sons, Kyle and Kevin, are 12 and 13. You treat the two of them the same in most ways, including discipline. You use a tiered method of discipline, using quick restrictions or extra chores for mild corrections, and groundings for severe issues. In the middle, you use corporal punishments. Both boys are 'spanked' on a semi-regular basis. You normally use your hand, but for repeated or more serious trouble, you have (your preferred implement), which makes a very firm impression.

When you bought the boys a Wii, you knew about the trouble with flying controllers, so you made both boys promise to use the wrist straps. It started off okay, but the boys decided they didn't like the straps. Last month, the boys lost their Wii privileges for a week for not using them (that was your spouse, and you feel it was a bit of overreaction, but you also understand it).

Today, you were on the phone, finalizing some vacation plans. You went from the kitchen to your office to get some information you needed, and, in the living room, you saw this.

Kyle (barely 12) and Kevin (13 1/2)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Straps on or game off," you tell the boys as you move through the room.

About five minutes later, just as you finish the phone call, you hear a crash.

In the living room, you see the boys by the coffee table. They're picking up a photo that normally sits atop it.

On closer examination, you see that the glass in the frame is shattered, and that the frame itself is damaged. The picture was also damaged. The picture is a fairly generic family picture, though it had turned out very well, but easily replaceable. The frame will probably have to be trashed, but it was only $19.95 at Target or Micheal's or somesuch.

Both boys swear they put the wrist straps on when you told them, and Kevin admits it was his that broke the frame. You check and find nothing wrong with his strap that would explain the controller flying off his wrist.

Upon follow up, Kyle says that he put his straps on, but he doesn't really know if Kevin did. Kevin swears they both did. Both boys have lied to you before, in attempts to avoid punishment. You have spanked both boys before for situations when they were told to stop something and they continued, even only one of them caused the problem, though you're not sure this situation would apply. In this case, as you question them, both boys are nervous, but you can't really tell if it's 'we're lying' nervous, or 'Dad's going to spank us' nervous.

What's games up next?

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

2 Re: BOTD 1 July 2013 - Breaking Point on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:46 am

ivor

Marshall
Had it not been for my spouse already imposing a ban on using the Wii for not wearing the wrist straps that would be the appropriate punishment imo. But, as she has and it hasn't been effective then I am going to impose a further weeks ban accompanied by a hand spanking for both.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

3 Re: BOTD 1 July 2013 - Breaking Point on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:36 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I've never played Wii so don't know how the wrist straps would feel or how likely accidents are without the straps. It seems odd, however, that the boys continue to disobey what at first seems like a reasonable rule. Perhaps we can make an adjustment so that the straps don't bother them so much or reach some other compromise, such as clearing anything likely to be broken out of the immediate area.

I'm going to ask Kevin to show me exactly what happened and try to determine if the strap may have come loose. If I conclude there is a reasonable possibility that he is telling the truth, then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise, he's getting spanked. Either way, we need to resolve the strap issue. Perhaps now that an accident has occurred, the boys will see the wisdom of the rule.

Kat

4 Re: BOTD 1 July 2013 - Breaking Point on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:38 am

1strappedboy

Sherrif
In a recent BoTD it was suggested to 'spank em all and let God sort it'. I see this as the correct answer here.

It can be a fairly low speed hand spanking but gets my displeasure across. Kev can justify his for breakage, Kyle has paid for 'covering' for his brother.

5 Re: BOTD 1 July 2013 - Breaking Point on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:41 am

Padraig

Trailboss
To me it looks like Kevin has his wrist strap on while Kyle has not. I never had such a thing in my hands but I can't see straps on the joystick contoller so (unfortunately Twisted Evil ) Kevin is off the hook. Kyle however...

6 Re: BOTD 1 July 2013 - Breaking Point on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:06 am

AFinch

Sherrif
I agree with Kat. If Kevin can show me how this happened, he might avoid a spanking. Kyle is vehement that he put his on, and he isn't the one who caused the damage. I think spanking him would be unfair.

7 Re: BOTD 1 July 2013 - Breaking Point on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:44 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
They both KNOW what happened

They are colluding in hiding the the truth.

They both get spanked

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

8 Re: BOTD 1 July 2013 - Breaking Point on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:03 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
Kat wrote:I've never played Wii so don't know how the wrist straps would feel or how likely accidents are without the straps. It seems odd, however, that the boys continue to disobey what at first seems like a reasonable rule. Perhaps we can make an adjustment so that the straps don't bother them so much or reach some other compromise, such as clearing anything likely to be broken out of the immediate area.

I'm going to ask Kevin to show me exactly what happened and try to determine if the strap may have come loose. If I conclude there is a reasonable possibility that he is telling the truth, then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise, he's getting spanked. Either way, we need to resolve the strap issue. Perhaps now that an accident has occurred, the boys will see the wisdom of the rule.

Kat

DITTO cat 

9 Re: BOTD 1 July 2013 - Breaking Point on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:19 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Wii (pardon the pun) do have some experience with this. There are some games where the controller can be thrown for real, and this has cost 1 large-ish TV. affraid 

I suggested that henceforth they use a length of elastic suitable to the hand size in question wrapped around the controller and the boys' hands. This actually worked pretty well and hasn't proved to be either too uncomfortable or a hinderence to play. Granted big screen TV's don't cost what they used to but I had no desire replace another one anytime soon after that little disaster!

10 Re: BOTD 1 July 2013 - Breaking Point on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:35 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
I think handspankings for both and a hit in their pockets for the picture frame. If I establish either one of them lied as well the spanking will become a paddling

11 Re: BOTD 1 July 2013 - Breaking Point on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:37 pm

Jack

Admin
First, I didn't have an answer in mind when I came up with this one.

The honest truth is that I don't believe in 'spanking 'em all', unless (possibly), I'm 100% sure they're covering for each other. For that matter, unless I'm pretty darned sure of guilt, I'm not going to spank.

Unfortunately, I read the answers before responding, so I'm going with Kat's answer. If Kevin can show me something that's even halfway believable as the cause of the accident, the boys are taking a break from Wii for the rest of the day (for not having them on in the first place). If he can't, he and I can play Wii Spank, except he won't like my substitute controller.

Pad, you're right that it looks like Kevin is wearing the controller on his right hand, but he should have them on both. I was rushing to get this posted, and didn't look closely at left hands.

BTW - while this scenario isn't based on my real life, if you Google Wii controller accidents, you'll not only find a large list of youtube vids, there's actually a site called WiiInjury.com.

12 Re: BOTD 1 July 2013 - Breaking Point on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:37 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
As a Wii owner with 7 and 10 YO grandsons, one who LOVES boxing, I have personal experience with the setup in the scenario. There is only a strap on the main controller, the secondary controller is connected to the main via a "squeeze to disconnect" connector. I too saw that Kevin was wearing the strap and Kyle was not but will ignore it for the scenario.

The boys are nervous about something, so between stingoors and tickles I hope to wring the truth out of them. If they can laugh and squirm through them than I can be pretty sure it was an accident, if it isn't fun with either or both boys I can be reasonably sure that it was not an accident.

The results will determine whether none, one or both get spanked.

13 Re: BOTD 1 July 2013 - Breaking Point on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:58 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
well the Wii is done for the day, After that, if they want to stick to that story then there isn't anything I can do, I could do follow ups with them separated, but not sure if I could get the truth out of them at this point.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum