a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 7/9/13 "Dealing with Donovan" A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
DEALING WITH DONOVAN
A DMK Production

Your twelve year old grandson, Donovan, is staying with you while your daughter and son-in-law are away for a second honeymoon.  Your daughter and son-in-law do spank Donovan but they typically use grounding with Donovan more often than spanking.  Your daughter and son-in-law told you to feel free to punish Donovan if he needed it.

DONOVAN - 12
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The visit is going well and Donovan seems to be enjoying himself and you are definitely enjoying the time with your grandson.  It is 1:00AM and your doorbell is ringing.  Your neighbor is at your door and he has Donovan with him.  Your neighbor says he caught Donovan throwing eggs at his house.  Your neighbor is cordial about the matter and says he will leave Donovan with you to deal with.  Donovan admits to you that he sneaked out to "have a little fun."

How do you deal with Donovan?

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I will first have to determine what exactly Donovan has been doing to "have a little fun", and hopefully why?

Iconoclast

David M. Katz

Marshall
Iconoclast wrote:I will first have to determine what exactly Donovan has been doing to "have a little fun", and hopefully why?

Iconoclast

What: Throwing eggs at the neighbor's house.

Why: He's 12

John Boy

Sherrif
David M. Katz wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:I will first have to determine what exactly Donovan has been doing to "have a little fun", and hopefully why?

Iconoclast

What:  Throwing eggs at the neighbor's house.

Why:  He's 12

He will be cleaning up my neighbors house, after sleeping on his tummy tonight.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

AFinch

Sherrif
He's 12. He's in a strange neighborhood. Hopefully it's still a nice one, though my mother's once ritzy neighborhood has "changed". Throwing eggs is malicious vandalism. Donny's been caught red-handed, and has admitted to the deed.

At this point, I'm seeing red. I'm going to thank the neighbor, and let him know I WILL deal with it. For a start, Donovan will apologize, and his (involuntary servitude) services will be offered to clean up any mess he's made with the eggs once the sun comes out.

After the door is closed, I'm going to ask Donovan what he was thinking. "Having a little fun" won't be a good enough answer. I'm going to tell him I'm too upset with HIM right now to deal with this, shoo him to bed, and tell him we'll deal with this in the morning. The conversation will end with something like: "God help you if you sneak out of the house again or aren't where you're supposed to be when I come to get you in the morning."

Once I've calmed down (morning), Donny and I will talk. I'm assuming this "second honeymoon" is a long weekend, or maybe a week somewhere. That being the case, I'm disinclined the spend OUR limited time together being Donovan's jailer. I will offer him some input, but I'm sure even he recognizes he deserves to be punished for this. If he wants to be grounded instead, ok, but no Sea World, no San Diego Zoo, no Disney, no anything but staying in his room with no TV or other electronics. I'm sure he'll recognize that a spanking, while unpleasant, will be over quickly and we can then get on with life and having a bit of real fun...the kind not involving eggs.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
He's getting a spanking and he will clean up the mess in the morning.

Kat

Stone Man

Marshall
AFinch wrote:He's 12.  He's in a strange neighborhood.  Hopefully it's still a nice one, though my mother's once ritzy neighborhood has "changed".  Throwing eggs is malicious vandalism.  Donny's been caught red-handed, and has admitted to the deed.

At this point, I'm seeing red.  I'm going to thank the neighbor, and let him know I WILL deal with it.  For a start, Donovan will apologize, and his (involuntary servitude) services will be offered to clean up any mess he's made with the eggs once the sun comes out.

After the door is closed, I'm going to ask Donovan what he was thinking.  "Having a little fun" won't be a good enough answer.  I'm going to tell him I'm too upset with HIM right now to deal with this, shoo him to bed, and tell him we'll deal with this in the morning.   The conversation will end with something like: "God help you if you sneak out of the house again or aren't where you're supposed to be when I come to get you in the morning."

Once I've calmed down (morning), Donny and I will talk.  I'm assuming this "second honeymoon" is a long weekend, or maybe a week somewhere.  That being the case, I'm disinclined the spend OUR limited time together being Donovan's jailer.  I will offer him some input, but I'm sure even he recognizes he deserves to be punished for this.  If he wants to be grounded instead, ok, but no Sea World, no San Diego Zoo, no Disney, no anything but staying in his room with no TV or other electronics.  I'm sure he'll recognize that a spanking, while unpleasant, will be over quickly and we can then get on with life and having a bit of real fun...the kind not involving eggs.

Sound very good to me. I would be livid!!! and would definitely need cooldown time to not overdue it with the boy.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
David M. Katz wrote:

Iconoclast

But how do you know the neighbors are telling the truth if you do not check for yourself?!

Iconoclast

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I was about to just whack him and be done with it.  Then I re-read our set up.  I am Grandpa, so that gives me some leeway that I don't have as his dad.

I also think that said leeway can be used as an effective means to communicate the magnitude of what he's done here; egging houses could result in charges and a record, so an apology and offer to clean up the mess is really the very minimum acceptable start to restitution.  Most 12 year olds will tune this lecture out if it's coming from mom or dad usually.

After the apology and clean up have been completed, I'm giving young Don the following option:

I can spank you now, just like I would have done for your dad when he was your age and be done with it or we will need to wait for your folks to get home and let them deal with you as they see fit.  (If Don's dad is one of my boys, you know what he's going to do with this kid! Twisted Evil )

Smart money says Donovan will take his medicine from me and we will have a fine tome for the rest of his visit.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'm seeing red over this - the red of his bottom when my strap has finished its work.Mad 

We'll talk again in the morning when he will be left in no doubt about the magnitude of his vandalism.  We will then visit the neighbour when he will apologise, and I will thank him for his forbearance and appraise him of the steps I have taken so far.

Donovan can then start to clean up the mess, working with the certain knowledge that my strap is ready for another deployment if my neighbour is dissatisfied with his efforts.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

ivor

Marshall
Seems to me Donovan has admitted the deed. Let's hope by the morning my neighbour's house is looking a bit more 'mellow yellow'. And perhaps by then I'll be feeling a bit more mellow than I am right now and thus the 'colours' on his butt won't be quite so bright.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

squarecutter

Sherrif
I think its time for one of those chats on his bed, where I tell Donovan that nice people don't do this sort of thing(though they probably did when they were 12 but I won't go there!) I will then ask what Donavans Dad would do if he found out, He'll probably say he get spanked or grounded and told to apologize. I will assume Donavon doesn't want his folks to find out. I definitely don't want to ground Donavan for part of his stay when we see so little of him. Which leaves...

Donavan gets a chance to feel if he hasn't before the old paddle his Daddy got before him, bent over the end of the bed with his pj bottoms puddled round his ankles. It probably won't be the worst he's had since I'm getting on a bit now but I'm sure this and the chat we had will bring tears. Tomorrow morning I will take him round to make peace with our neighbour and he can offer to clean up the mess.

Pi Beta

Deputy
Donovan and I (and maybe the neighbour) are going to get out some floodlights and clean up the mess he's made NOW before the egg dries and becomes even more difficult to remove.

Having discovered at first hand how difficult it is to remove egg from brick (especially if it is brick) or even painted surfaces and glass once it has started to dry, I hope Donovan will go to bed a much wiser boy - especially knowing that in the morning we will be discussing the most appropriate punishment for him.

As his grandfather, I won't be imposing any form of grounding apart from a night curfew because I don't want our long term relationship hurt, but - as sure as eggs is eggs (!), our short term relationship will suffer as I make sure his bottom becomes hot enough to fry eggs upon!

Last edited by Pi Beta on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing 't')

David M. Katz

Marshall
Iconoclast wrote:
But how do you know the neighbors are telling the truth if you do not check for yourself?!

Iconoclast

The scenario implies that Donovan confessed but also says the boy was caught. I assume I have a decent relationship with this neighbor especially if he is willing to let it go and let me handle it. I believe my neighbor.

Well, I'm sorry to say but Donovan is in for a bare-bottom paddling.

Actually, I lied. I'm not sorry at all. Twisted Evil 

Jack

Admin
I'm going to explain to him that egging isn't 'fun', it's vandalism, and it's illegal. Eggs can cause damage, and they can be very hard to clean. That doesn't even consider how I feel about him sneaking out in the middle of the night.

I'm pretty much going to tell Donovan that if he lived with me, he'd be getting a long, bare bottomed dose of the hairbrush. Since he doesn't live with me, he can either take that, or he can be grounded until his parents get back, when his dad can live with him.

Either way, we're going next door in the morning to clean up the mess. Hopefully Donovan will also understand how badly he screwed up and apologize.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Jack

Admin
Iconoclast wrote:
David M. Katz wrote:

Iconoclast

Iconoclast

Yes, Icono - he just happened to find your grandson out at 1am on an innocent errand, and quickly brought him back to the house, only pausing to hypnotize the boy into not disagreeing with him.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Jack wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:
David M. Katz wrote:

Iconoclast

Iconoclast

Yes, Icono - he just happened to find your grandson out at 1am on an innocent errand, and quickly brought him back to the house, only pausing to hypnotize the boy into not disagreeing with him.

Dunovan has not confessed but made a non-committal remark with his accusers standing within earshot. Being a curious, skeptical, guy I want to hear him explicitly confess in private, or see the evidence with my own eyes! Especially because I want to know if I have the whole story.

Iconoclast

Jack

Admin
Sorry Icono, but I looked up the definition for curious and skeptical, and it's not what you're describing. I've known many kids over the years, and I've yet to meet one who'd keep quiet for a second if someone was making a false accusation against him.

John Boy

Sherrif
Jack wrote:Sorry Icono, but I looked up the definition for curious and skeptical, and it's not what you're describing.  I've known many kids over the years, and I've yet to meet one who'd keep quiet for a second if someone was making a false accusation against him.
Amen to that Jack.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum