Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

15 July 2013 - It's a Matter of Time

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 15 July 2013 - It's a Matter of Time on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:02 am

Jack

Admin
Since you work at home, you often watch your nephews during the summer.

Today, because it was rainy, you took your kids and the nephews to the bookstore. The younger kids were okay, and managed to get some books. Your oldest nephew, Landon, kept leaving the kids section to browse around. You had to go get him several times. You reminded him of what kind of book you were willing to buy, and offered to help him find something he might enjoy in the other sections. He refused your help, went back to the kids section, but then wondered away again (he seemed to be more just wandering, than really browsing). After a while, you told him that you didn't have all day, and that he needed to make a selection, because it was getting close to lunch time.

Timmy (nephew, 6), Drew (son, Cool, Landon (11), Bill (son,9)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When it's finally time you have to go (you have a business phone call this afternoon, so you have to get the kids home, fed, and settled, so you can handle that), Landon starts complaining that he hasn't chosen a book yet. When you point out that he had plenty of time, if he'd actually done that, he starts getting very upset and mouthy with you. You finally grab the books at which he's looking, 'help' him select his two, then march him to the check out stand with the other boys following. He complains the entire way, until you offer to put his books back. He's quiet after that.

At least, Landon stayed quiet in the line. Now that you've bought his books, he spends the entire ride home complaining about how mean and unfair you are.

Will he have another reason to complain when you get home?

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

2 Re: 15 July 2013 - It's a Matter of Time on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:57 am

David M. Katz

Marshall
I wonder if Landon is normally like this? Perhaps he is tired or has some other stressor? Does he feel the kids' books were too immature for him?

I want to get him home and talk with him in private. (Yes, I know I have a full schedule but I will make time.)

Hopefully during our talk the cause of his 'tude can be discovered and resolved.

If he is just being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk then he will be on warning and then any more 'tude will earn a spanking.

3 Re: 15 July 2013 - It's a Matter of Time on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:21 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
When we get home I'll invite him to drop his pants and repeat the remarks he'd been making in the car.

Then its up to him.  

The problem is out of (or perhaps into Twisted Evil ) my hands.Rolling Eyes

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

4 Re: 15 July 2013 - It's a Matter of Time on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:52 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
I think I need to get the boys home provide cold drinks and then take Landon to another room for a private clear the air discussion where he will get the chance to tell me whats eating him. He could just be having a bad day and he is the oldest so it can happen. I will explain why we couldn't spend any longer in the shop. If Landon is more civil, it will just be a discussion but he is now on low tolerance for any more griping in front of the others

5 Re: 15 July 2013 - It's a Matter of Time on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:57 am

ivor

Marshall
I'm wondering if books and reading are actually Landon's 'thing'. He certainly doesn't look to happy in the picture. Perhaps he didn't want a book or to be at the bookstore?

But based on the scenario and what we know, I'll go with Katz.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

6 Re: 15 July 2013 - It's a Matter of Time on Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:38 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Okay, Landon is being a pain. Most people, kids or adults, have days like this when nothing makes them happy. I think the best thing is to keep some distance. I imagine I've already checked to see if he feels bad or is upset about something at the bookstore. If something is bothering him and it's something I can help, I'll find out sooner or later. Perhaps he is homesick or was disappointed that we went to the bookstore instead of some other place.

Kat

7 Re: 15 July 2013 - It's a Matter of Time on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:19 am

David M. Katz

Marshall
Kat wrote: Most people, kids or adults, have days like this when nothing makes them happy.

Shocked  I never have days like that. Laughing  Razz 

8 Re: 15 July 2013 - It's a Matter of Time on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:46 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm kind of between the rest of the K Club.

I'm going to ask him if he wants to talk about what's eating him, and if not, I'm going to give him some space. I will, however, let him know that if this sort of behavior becomes the norm, we're going to HAVE TO talk about it, and he may not like how the conversation turns out.

9 Re: 15 July 2013 - It's a Matter of Time on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:22 pm

Jack

Admin
There are definitely some good points made about the book store and shopping. Since I recently made a trip like this, I know it's hard not to find something that would interest a boy.

I'm going to go with the idea that there's something else wrong with him. My idea (when I wrote this, which I apparently didn't make clear) is that the boys are just staying days with me, so there's no reason for him to be homesick. On the other hand, maybe something happened between him and his parents to put him into a bad mood.

Whatever the actual cause, I'll let him know that I'll listen if he'd like to talk (though it might have to wait until after my business call), but I'll also let him know that, feeling bad or not, there's not an excuse for the way he's been treating me this morning, and he's about a half inch from having me undress him for a spanking. That won't put him in a better mood, but it will let him know that I'm serious about how he's acting.

10 Re: 15 July 2013 - It's a Matter of Time on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:19 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
Good answers "Dads" Cool 

Talk and then spank if needed... what more could a boy ask for?

11 Re: 15 July 2013 - It's a Matter of Time on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:21 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Stone Man wrote:Good answers "Dads" Cool 

Ice cream

Kat

12 Re: 15 July 2013 - It's a Matter of Time on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:27 pm

Jack

Admin
Kat wrote:

Ice cream

Kat

13 Re: 15 July 2013 - It's a Matter of Time on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:22 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
Kat wrote:

Ice cream

Kat

HA!

14 Re: 15 July 2013 - It's a Matter of Time on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:23 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
Jack wrote:
Kat wrote:

Ice cream

Kat

I stand doubly corrected... I just wasn't thinking!

15 Re: 15 July 2013 - It's a Matter of Time on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:01 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
My Nephew should know me by now. He seems to be hangeren for a spankeren

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum