You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 7/25/13 "It's All Fun And Games Until . . . " Late Chat Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
IT'S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL . . .
*A Late Chat Production
*Leti, Kier, Jkher, John Boy, DMK

Daniel is your son and Dylan is your nephew, your sister's son.  Both boys are eleven.  Spanking is an effective punishment for both boys.  You have spanking permission for Dylan.

There is a family reunion today.  Your sister cannot get away from work and so you agree to take Dylan with you.  Both boys are very rowdy and boisterous and very active.  They like to play roughly with each other.  Daniel and Dylan wrestle and play roughly with each other at the reunion.  At one point the boys get into an argument because Dylan feels Daniel is not "wrestling fairly."  You tell the boys to calm it down and cut out the rough play as you are concerned someone will get hurt.  

A few minutes later you see:

DANIEL (Red Shirt) AND DYLAN (Green Shirt)  Both 11
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The boys are pretending to fight.  Dylan moves wrong and Daniel actually hits him, albeit on accident.  Dylan is crying and now looks like he has the start of a black eye.  Daniel keeps protesting that he didn't mean it and it was an accident.

What happens next?

AFinch

Sherrif
Boys rough house. It was an accident. There was no maliciousness. They are playing outside.

Beyond applying ice and an "I told you someone would get hurt", I'm not getting involved. I don't see this as a spanking offense, nor as serious disobedience unless I found some other distraction for them besides play fighting.

Stone Man

Marshall
Twisted Evil Bare their bottoms and spank them both in front of the rest of the family.Twisted Evil 

NO!!! Check Dyl to see if he needs medical care. Barring that, hold Dyl until he calms down and then take the boys with you for some privacy to talk things over. I think this is a good object lesson for the boys, as to why I wanted them to cool it when they got too aggressive with each other. I don't think spanking Daniel is necessary.

Twisted Evil Unless he absolutely needs a spanking to feel better! I'm willing to make that sacrifice for my boy (boys) Twisted Evil

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
What Kier said. He'll feel bad enough.

Kat

Jack

Admin
Calm them, tend the eye, point out this is why we avoid playing too rough, and enroll them in MMA.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Iconoclast

Trailboss
AFinch wrote:Boys rough house.  It was an accident.  There was no maliciousness.  They are playing outside.

Beyond applying ice and an  "I told you someone would get hurt", I'm not getting involved.  I don't see this as a spanking offense, nor as serious disobedience unless I found some other distraction for them besides play fighting.

I agree, boys are boys!

Iconoclast

David M. Katz

Marshall
Stone Man wrote:
Twisted Evil Unless he absolutely needs a spanking to feel better! I'm willing to make that sacrifice for my boy (boys) Twisted Evil

Your willingness to make this sacrifice is touching. What a wonderful display of selflessness! Razz 

David M. Katz

Marshall
Keeping K club intact!

1strappedboy

Sherrif
With the K klub this time. If it happens again there will be a spanking for disobedience.

John Boy

Sherrif
1strappedboy wrote:With the K klub this time.  If it happens again there will be a spanking for disobedience.
I shall ditto this, the K Klub usually have the right idea. Razz

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

squarecutter

Sherrif
Bit concerned that Daniel isn't being a bit of a bully. Its noticeable that he's enjoying the rough stuff a bit more  than Dylan who has already complained about it. So I hope Daniel has learned and that I won't have him using a closed fist in a play fight again and he better have a very good reason for punching another boy in future. He will curb his aggression or else

kalico

Sherrif
In with the K club on this!!!!

Hugs kal

kalico

Sherrif
In with the K club on this!!!!

Hugs kal

ivor

Marshall
Kier's covered it for me.

BUT

Jack wrote:Calm them, tend the eye, point out this is why we avoid playing too rough, and enroll them in MMA.

Jeeze Jack! I thought for a moment you wanted to enrol them in MMSA Laughing

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
Now that most people have answered, I'm going to throw in a bit more.

After 4 little brothers (who were kids while I was), 28 kids, and who knows how many nephews, cousins, and friends, I'm going to say that not only is this kind of thing inevitable (though you hope it normally starts short of a black eye), but that I don't even think they were disobeying.

After all, Dmitri, you told them to cut out the rough play, and hey did - they were only pretending to play rough. And if you think about it for a minute, I'll bet you won't disagree with me (on their interpretation, at least).

The only things I have really found that works in this situation is, a) tell them they're only allowed to wrestle with a referee, and that you only have time to give them one 15-minute round, then give it to them; or, b) find some other, less rough, but very physical (and exhausting) game for them to play.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Stone Man

Marshall
ivor wrote:Kier's covered it for me.

BUT

Jack wrote:Calm them, tend the eye, point out this is why we avoid playing too rough, and enroll them in MMA.

Jeeze Jack! I thought for a moment you wanted to enrol them in MMSA Laughing

I was thinking Maine Maritime Academy when I say those letters.

Stone Man

Marshall
Jack wrote: Or b) find some other, less rough, but very physical (and exhausting) game for them to play.

Like mowing the lawn... cleaning their rooms... vacuuming the whole house... with the threat of Instantaneous correction if not done well and in a short time period (that's what makes it a game/race). lol! 

1strappedboy

Sherrif
You DO know that'll work, right?

I've found that if you you make near anything a game or contest the guys will go after it with real gusto!

AFinch

Sherrif
1strappedboy wrote:You DO know that'll work, right?

I've found that if you you make near anything a game or contest the guys will go after it with real gusto!

Mary Poppins knew it too:

"In every job that must be done
There is an element of fun.
You find the fun, and snap, the job's a game.
And every task you undertake
Becomes a piece of cake
A lark, a spree, it's very clear to see...."

kalico

Sherrif
I believe that's true too.... When I was in 7-8 th grade we got in a new young teacher for math and he made games out of a lot of it and not only was it fun but I found I learned more.

Hugs kal

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum