Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 29 July 2013: Wabbit Season

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 29 July 2013: Wabbit Season on Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:46 pm

Jack

Admin
Your 11-year old son, Van, is attempting to breed rabbits for 4H.  One of his does, Hershey, just kindled this week, having six kits.

Hershey (before that wicked buck got hold of her)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The thing about rabbits is, the females can be very nervous right after giving birth, and it's best to keep things calm and quiet for them.  Because of that, Van's room was off-limits for pretty much everyone the first couple of days, despite the fact that most of the kids really wanted to see the babies.

As a matter of fact, there were so many requests (and one attempt to sneak in) on the day of birth, that the next day, before company started arriving, you put signs on both doors to Van's room:

Maternity Ward
No admittance

Most of the older kids were curious, but were willing to accept your instructions.  With the younger kids, you very carefully explained that a scared mother rabbit could accidentally hurt the babies, and that you wanted to give her a bit more time to calm down and get back to normal before she started having visitors.

That didn't stop someone from trying to sneak in.

Pictured: Someone (actually, Nate Routh - 10)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Routh boys (Nate and his 8 year old brother, James) aren't ones you usually sit, but you do watch them from time to time, like today.  Their parents do spank (though their mom is the main disciplinarian), and you do have permission to spank them if needed, though you've not used it on either of them.

When you see Nate trying to sneak into the play room, you easily guess he's headed for Van's room, and you follow him just in time to see him quietly opening the door.  You grab him and head to your office.

By the time you remind Nate of why no one is allowed in Van's room right now, and reminding him that the babies could get hurt if he'd scared the Mama Rabbit, Nate is very upset.  He's already in tears, and trying to explain to you that he didn't want to hurt the bunnies, he only wanted to look.

For the record, Nate is very smart, and he enjoys building Legos with your newest teenage son.  His mom has told you in the past that Nate has a habit of getting himself into trouble both by being too curious and by coming up with great ideas that he knows not to try, but then he lets his little brothers enthusiasm carry them away.

Is Nate's shirt going to be the only thing red in a few minutes
?

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

2 Re: BOTD 29 July 2013: Wabbit Season on Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:03 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
If he were 7 or 8 I think I could see myself letting this one go but at ten and with his Mothers remarks I don't think Nate is quite as innocent as all that. I need him to know I mean business so a hand spanking is in order + a warning it will be a paddlling he blatantly disobeys me like this again

3 Re: BOTD 29 July 2013: Wabbit Season on Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:31 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
I think Square is right.  If he were a little younger I would let it pass but this seems rather pre-meditated to me.  I won't burn the barn down but he will experience a session over my knee and a hand spanking.

4 Re: BOTD 29 July 2013: Wabbit Season on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:29 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Ditto the above.

5 Re: BOTD 29 July 2013: Wabbit Season on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:38 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
It's unanimous.

6 Re: BOTD 29 July 2013: Wabbit Season on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:51 pm

mahoover

Cowboy
Ditto the Dittos...

7 Re: BOTD 29 July 2013: Wabbit Season on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:51 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
I have no reason to change the direction of the responses thus far.

8 Re: BOTD 29 July 2013: Wabbit Season on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:56 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
I think a spanking prep a little more talking and then some stingy swats. If it happens again EmbarassedEmbarassed

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

9 Re: BOTD 29 July 2013: Wabbit Season on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:44 pm

kalico

Sherrif
Very Happy  DITTO the ditto's

hugs kal

10 Re: BOTD 29 July 2013: Wabbit Season on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:22 am

Padraig

Trailboss
Ditto Wink 

11 Re: BOTD 29 July 2013: Wabbit Season on Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:15 am

ivor

Marshall
Who am I to buck the trend Laughing 

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

12 Re: BOTD 29 July 2013: Wabbit Season on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:12 am

Padraig

Trailboss
The solution for the kids might be a webcam set up in front of the cage.

13 Re: BOTD 29 July 2013: Wabbit Season on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:33 am

Jack

Admin
Padraig wrote:The solution for the kids might be a webcam set up in front of the cage.

THAT is a fantastic idea. I'm not going to broadcast the actual birth (though I may record it), but I think I have a cam around here someplace we can set up, and I can probably put the feed on our family site. With Smokey due to kindle today (I'm skipping my racquetball game, JIC), that would probably be a big help.

Thanks.

14 Re: BOTD 29 July 2013: Wabbit Season on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:15 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm in agreement with the others.

Kat

15 Re: BOTD 29 July 2013: Wabbit Season on Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:10 am

Jack

Admin
It was pointed out that I hadn't said what actually happened on this.

Honestly, I was surprised at your answers, I thought everyone was going to say that Nate was just curious, and I should cut him some slack. It looks like it was pretty much unanimous that he had earned a sore backside, and far be it from me to buck the trend.

While I can understand being extremely curious (and feeling underestimated by the adults around you), I also felt like this was a case of direct disobedience. Not only had I explained to the kids that they needed to stay out, but I'd put reminders on the doors. I do think that Nate hadn't realized how little it might take to upset Hershey, but that's why we have rules and they need to be followed. I also felt like Nate needed to be spanked, so all the other boys would understand how serious I am about following the rules.

And honestly, he was so upset with himself when he realized that the babies could have been hurt, that I think not spanking him (at his age, I think a spanking can still relieve the guilt and let him mark it 'paid', and put it behind him) would have been mean.

Nate is one of the boys I've noticed as a possible spanko. At least he's very curious about the subject (then again, he's curious about just about everything it seems). He forgot about being so upset when I started removing his shorts, and he even asked a few questions about what I was doing and why.

I'd considered whether to go harder on him (for the direct disobedience) or easier (because I do understand being that curious), so finally settled on about normal. I guess his mom uses the harder smacks, but fewer method that seems to be more common than how I spank, and Nate ended up getting a few extra on his legs to help push him over to really crying before I started the second pattern. He didn't need extra on the second pattern, because he was bawling by then.

Afterwards we talked a bit more and cuddled, before I helped him get dressed and we went to my bathroom so he could clean up.

Once I was sure Hershey was ready for a bit of company, I made sure Nate was one of the first boys who got to go.

16 Re: BOTD 29 July 2013: Wabbit Season on Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:46 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
Jack wrote:It was pointed out that I hadn't said what actually happened on this.

Honestly, I was surprised at your answers, I thought everyone was going to say that Nate was just curious, and I should cut him some slack.  It looks like it was pretty much unanimous that he had earned a sore backside, and far be it from me to buck the trend.

While I can understand being extremely curious (and feeling underestimated by the adults around you), I also felt like this was a case of direct disobedience.  Not only had I explained to the kids that they needed to stay out, but I'd put reminders on the doors.  I do think that Nate hadn't realized how little it might take to upset Hershey, but that's why we have rules and they need to be followed.  I also felt like Nate needed to be spanked, so all the other boys would understand how serious I am about following the rules.

And honestly, he was so upset with himself when he realized that the babies could have been hurt, that I think not spanking him (at his age, I think a spanking can still relieve the guilt and let him mark it 'paid', and put it behind him) would have been mean.

Nate is one of the boys I've noticed as a possible spanko.  At least he's very curious about the subject (then again, he's curious about just about everything it seems).  He forgot about being so upset when I started removing his shorts, and he even asked a few questions about what I was doing and why.

I'd considered whether to go harder on him (for the direct disobedience) or easier (because I do understand being that curious), so finally settled on about normal.  I guess his mom uses the harder smacks, but fewer method that seems to be more common than how I spank, and Nate ended up getting a few extra on his legs to help push him over to really crying before I started the second pattern.  He didn't need extra on the second pattern, because he was bawling by then.

Afterwards we talked a bit more and cuddled, before I helped him get dressed and we went to my bathroom so he could clean up.

Once I was sure Hershey was ready for a bit of company, I made sure Nate was one of the first boys who got to go.

Jack. I think in a sense it was one of those scenarios framed in a way that made a vote for spanking more likely. Nates past history suggested a willingness to cross boundaries, and curiosity may be this was an act of direct disobedience, baby rabbits or no baby rabbits.
Discouraging the others from following Nate was also a very good argument.
I'm glad Nate doesn't yet come up smiling from a spanking. May be he is just curious about other peoples spankings!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum