a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 08-02-13 New Rule Broken? - An Ivor Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster

New Rule Broken?

An Ivor Production

Your 14 year old son Isaac came to you a few months back and asked if in future he could be grounded rather than spanked. You listened to his reasons which included the indignity of baring himself for your paddle and the fact that his friends no longer were spanked. After some thought you agreed that you would try grounding while reserving the right to return to spanking if you decided it s necessary.

Isaac appeared very pleased with your decision and initially gave you no more problems than he had in the past. When cause for grounding arose, Isaac accepted your decisions apparently quite happy that his butt was now safe at the cost of his freedom.

Today you and our wife have gone out to do the weekly shop. Isaac is grounded for the weekend. You get the shopping done quicker than expected and on the way home you see:

Isaac
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Isaac leaving his friend Joshua's house and about to cycle home.

Is he going to get a warmer welcome than he might expect when he arrives?

Last edited by ivor on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To correct name error)

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
I have a new rule.. Isaac gets a spanking OTK bare AND he's still grounded!

David M. Katz

Marshall
Why did i leave a 14 year old grounded kid alone?

We will return to spanking. He will be spanked and the punishment will be closed. Just what he originally would have received. I feel a little responsible for putting him in the position to cheat.

Looks like we need to still wait a bit to change punishment techniques.

AFinch

Sherrif
I assume you meant that Issac, not Jason, is grounded for the weekend, and you've seen him out riding his bike, having broken his grounding.

I'm with Skater on this one. Isaac ASKED to be grounded rather than spanked, and then violated his grounding when he thought no one was looking. He gets spanked, and he serves the rest of his grounding. After, we can revisit whether to return to spanking as a primary form of punishment rather than having to serve as a jailer.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Isaac is getting a bare bottom spanking but no more grounding!!

Now is my chance to avoid becoming a jailer!

Iconoclast

Last edited by Iconoclast on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added 2nd line)

John Boy

Sherrif
Skater wrote:I have a new rule.. Isaac gets a spanking OTK bare AND he's still grounded!
Skater has the right answer in this case.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Stone Man

Marshall
I'm with Kier's overall plan. My boy gets spanked for breaking his grounding, serves his original grounding sentence and then we can talk things over.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I probably shouldn't have left Isaac unsupervised while he is grounded. I'm not sure I'd have resisted the temptation at his age. I'm disappointed that he broke his grounding, but not surprised. I bear some of the responsibility for exposing him to the temptation. Parenting is not about what is easy and convenient but what is best for the child and the family as a whole. Was it really impossible to supervise his grounding, or did I put my convenience ahead of my responsibilities? I know some parents object to grounding on the basis that it punishes them as much as the child, but surely any punishment is unpleasant for both parent and child -- at least I wouldn't care to be a parent who could inflict physical pain on my child without distress. I shouldn't agree to grounding in the expectation that I can pronounce sentence and then wash my hands of the matter. Before I decide on the basis of one broken grounding that it won't work, I need to be sure that I base my decision on what punishment works best for Isaac rather than what punishment is easier for me. He is at an age when he has valid reasons for requesting an alternative to corporal punishment. There may be occasions when he will find himself wishing for the quick closure of a spanking instead of the boredom and loss of entertainment that comes with grounding, which may make the grounding the more effective punishment in that situation.

Isaac will remain grounded and he will choose between extending his grounding for another day next weekend or taking a spanking as punishment for leaving the house. I hope and believe that what he will feel more than the additional punishment is my disappointment.

Kat

Padraig

Trailboss
First we will hava a talk. Though I can't think of one right now there might have been a valid reason for him to drive over and without parents present he couldn't ask (kind of an emergency).

If it is clear that he broke the grounding we will discuss the additioal punishment.

Jack

Admin
Did we discuss what would happen if he broke his grounding? Even when my kids hit 16, or went six-months without trouble, the rule was, if they broke their restrictions, a paddling was pretty much automatic. I can't imagine I'd go into something like this without explaining that.

I'll give Isaac a chance to explain himself, but I can't believe there's any way he's going to avoid a sore butt from this.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Jack

Admin
I have to disagree with DMK, Icono, and Kat. You can say that you tempted the boy into violating, but to me, part of agreeing to ground is the idea that Isaac is responsible enough to understand why he needs correction and to accept it. The scenario states that Isaac seemed to accept your decisions and was happy that his butt was safe. Now I'm wondering if he's been sneaking out all along, or if this was just a one-shot deal. Either way, I think he's proved that he's not ready to be grounded.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

squarecutter

Sherrif
If he won't adhere to a grounding he can be spanked instead. That surely was part of the agreement. I think at 14 he should understand that and that he shouldn't need round the clock supervision. If he is prepared to succumb to such temptation he is not too old to be spanked . Oh and he serves the rest of his grounding

1strappedboy

Sherrif
In all fairness, this is one of the many reasons we don't believe in grounding in R/L. Neither of us wants to be a 'jailer' of the boys nor do we wish to test their resolve in that way.

I would have explained all of this in the first place when I shot down the grounding request.

Given that we are faced with the situation here, I'll explain this is why we spank as punishment and since you couldn't comply with the terms of your original sentence, we will spank for the original offense (and nothing more) and move back to spanking as the primary weapon in the arsenal.

David M. Katz

Marshall
Upon reflection, obviously I have a mental illness. How could I have ever agreed not to spank this boy? Shocked  Embarassed  Twisted Evil 

Stone Man

Marshall
David M. Katz wrote:Upon reflection, obviously I have a mental illness.  How could I have ever agreed not to spank this boy?  Shocked  Embarassed  Twisted Evil 

As acceptance of your errant ways is the beginning, I'm pleased to hear you're on the road towards a complete recovery. Twisted Evil Razz 

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum