You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 08-03-13 I'll Do Anything For Love - A Late Chat Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
I'LL DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE
*A Late Chat Production
*Kier, Jkher, Leti, John Boy, DMK

You have a fourteen year-old son, Liam. Liam is very well behaved and a bit of a geeky kind of kid. He has not been in trouble in almost two years. Even then, trouble was rare but a spanking was all it took to bring Liam around.

Liam has fallen in love with a young lady who lives at the end of the street. The problem is she has no idea that Liam exists, or so he thinks. Liam wants to impress her and win her love so he devises a plan.

Liam kidnaps her dog while it is out in her yard. He has no plan to harm the dog. He plans on keeping the dog hidden in the house for a while and then returning it to her. Liam is certain he will look like a hero to the young lady when he returns her dog safely. The idea goes as Liam planned. Liam successfully took the dog and has actually enjoyed playing with it for the day. Upon return of the dog the elated young lady gave Liam a quick kiss and declared him her hero.

LIAM - 14
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You and your spouse arrive home for work none the wiser of Liam's dognapping activities. Liam has gone to a friend's house for a while. The young lady's parents come around and tell you how Liam found their lost dog and how grateful they are. They give you fifty dollars and ask you to pass on the reward to Liam with their appreciation. When Liam returns home you pass on the reward and compliment him on a job well done.

Liam looks very disturbed and starts crying. He tells you he cannot accept the reward and then confesses to what he did. Liam says he will accept any punishment you decide to give him but he begs you not to let the young lady or her parents know what he did.

How do you handle this?

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Liam's secret is safe with me. What he did was not terrible, and he understands that it was wrong. I'll return the money with the explanation that Liam neither wants nor expects a reward. I don't see any need to punish him; that's what his conscience is for. Twisted Evil

Kat

AFinch

Sherrif
I agree with Kat. I think the reason for punishment is primarily as a negative incentive to not do something again. Liam knows what he did was wrong, and is already experiencing real remorse.

I'll return the money with the explanation that Liam neither wants nor expects a reward for doing something nice, especially for someone he likes as much as he does their daughter. I'll then hope that she still deigns to give him the time of day when he asks her to a movie, and that he doesn't let what really happened slip while they're hanging out...or that if he does, she's got a GREAT sense of humor.

No spanking or other punishment (unless he begs, stating that he "needs it" to assuage his conscience). I think the chances of that happening with a real 14 year old are slim to none.

Stone Man

Marshall
A conscience, even a late one (especially a late one?), can be real tough on a kid. I see know reason for anyone other than the three of us to know what has actually occurred. I will do the money return, as I feel Liam would break down it he were to try, and indicate that my boy would not accept a monetary reward.

We will talk some more about this today and forward into time. Liam is beating himself worse than I would ever do and I will leave it at that unless he needs my intersession to be able to let up on himself.

kalico

Sherrif
Very Happy  DITTO our KAT!!!!

hugs kal

John Boy

Sherrif
Ditto all

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

David M. Katz

Marshall
"Some people say there's a woman to blame . . ."

What happened to just asking her out for a movie?

But, anyway, I concur with all. He feels bad enough already.

ivor

Marshall
Doggone it Liam!

What a mess you so nearly made.

I largely agree with the others, but I'll suggest to Liam that we give the money to the local Dog Rescue organisation.

Perhaps if we can take the money round there we might even find a dog Liam would like to adopt. Then he and his 'lady friend' can go walking their dogs together into the sunset....................

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

squarecutter

Sherrif
Sounds a bit like an Adam Sandler film plot.

I think I might let sleeping dogs lie... hmmm. I don't want the relationship ended as soon as it has started. May be one day Liam will be able to tell the young lady and they'll be able to laugh about it but that probably isn't yet.The money can go to an animal welfare trust. Then Liam and I will have a chat about relationships being built on solid ground and not to let infatuation take his good senses over. Another dognapping will mean trouble

Jack

Admin
This is one of those times when you just know that honesty really isn't the best policy.

I'm going to sit down with Liam and discuss this. I think he's already getting a lot of why this was a bad idea, but I'll point out a few other things that could have happened (like him getting caught stealing the dog).

Considering the state he's already in, I'm sure he'll be torn up by all the things that could have gone wrong. At that point, we'll calm him down and decide on what he should say when he takes the money back.

I may be willing to spank him, but he's going to have to wait a while. I honestly think it's best he just live with the guilt this time, but I'll see how bad he's feeling at bedtime, and make a final decision then.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Iconoclast

Trailboss
AFinch wrote:I agree with Kat.  I think the reason for punishment is primarily as a negative incentive to not do something again.  Liam knows what he did was wrong, and is already experiencing real remorse.

I'll return the money with the explanation that Liam neither wants nor expects a reward for doing something nice, especially for someone he likes as much as he does their daughter.  I'll then hope that she still deigns to give him the time of day when he asks her to a movie, and that he doesn't let what really happened slip while they're hanging out...or that if he does, she's got a GREAT sense of humor.

No spanking or other punishment (unless he begs, stating that he "needs it" to assuage his conscience).  I think the chances of that happening with a real 14 year old are slim to none.

Agree Kier, you saved me a lot of typing!

Iconoclast

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I find myself more in Ivor's camp with this one. I agree he's punishing himself much more efficiently that I could or would. I think the idea of returning the money with a "he doesn't want a reward" compounds the dishonesty of the whole affair.

The money can find good use at the shelter and who knows, perhaps a dog of his own could lead to where he's like this to go.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum