Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BoTD Extra - 7 August 2013: The Tale-Tell Thump

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jack

Admin

You put together a fairly big vacation trip for your immediate and extended family and a number of friends, to a nearby city, where there are a couple of different amusement parks, as well as other attractions.  You're planning to stay several days, to have time to take full advantage of everything.  Some of the other parents are coming and going, and some of their kids will be staying with you.

In particular, one room is hosting a group of mid-teen boys - five here and one more arriving this morning.  Two of them are yours, but the other three whom are already there are like family to you.  You've known all the boys and their families for years, they often stay with you, and you have (and have used fairly recently) permission to give CP to all of them

This morning, the first morning of the trip, you're going around, knocking on doors and reminding everyone that those who don't want to be restricted to the hotel's breakfast need to be ready to go in thirty minutes.  As you come to the mini-suite the five boys are sharing, you hear a very distinct thump.  Closing on the door, you hear a lot of giggling and what you could only call muted shouting.

When you knock on the door, it quickly goes quiet.

After letting them know you know they're in there, they finally open the door.

As soon as the door opens, it's pretty evident that the thump came from Blake tripping over the fold out couch (evident by the way he's rolling around and holding his shin, while trying desperately to muffle all the interesting vocabulary he's currently using).  What's much more interesting to you is the splashes of water that's all around the room, and over a large portion of the boys, along with silly string and shaving cream that's in the same places, in about equal portions.

Along with your two, 16-year old sons, Noah and Barry
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(who both look so much like your father that many people think they're fraternal twins), there is also Blake
, Eli
, and Denny
(all of whom are shy of 16 by 1 to 3 months).

Nothing is destroyed, but the room is definitely kind of a mess.  While you don't have either of the paddles that all five boys (except Blake on one of them) have experienced, you do have a good selection of belts, leather sandals, and hairbrushes, thanks to the boys themselves.  You also have about 15 minutes before time to leave for breakfast, and about an hour longer than that until the park opens.

What's on today's itinerary?

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Iconoclast

Trailboss
This seems to be a can of worms best left unopened, so I close the door and announce I will be back in 10 minutes!

Iconoclast

AFinch

Sherrif
I guess it depends on how much of a mess they are.  Is it a wipe off the shaving cream and silly string sort of mess, or a take a shower and change kind.  They knew when they were supposed to be at breakfast.  Would there have been time had they not been interrupted?

If it's the latter, the "natural consequence" would be they miss breakfast while sorting the room and themselves out instead.   Water dries, and hotels have staff, but it's rude to leave a pigsty for housekeeping to sort.

If it's the former, I'd tell them to quit acting like the littles and get going.

Unless it's much more of a mess than I'm reading, or unless they've previously been warned, their butts are safe for now.  Sadly.

If they have been forewarned, it's still not the crime of the century.  Since they're going to have to change anyway, they can form a line and bend over for 3 each with a sandal/slipper.

David M. Katz

Marshall
Iconoclast wrote:This seems to be a can of worms best left unopened, so I close the door and announce I will be back in 10 minutes!

Iconoclast

I sort of agree here. Good idea, Icono. The boys will know that I know and they will also understand why it is a problem and they will hustle and clean up.

When I return in ten minutes I am sure the mess will be cleaned up and we can be on our way. If breakfast is missed then they can grab a toast and a banana from the continental breakfast in the hotel lobby.

If things are not clean then I will use a hairbrush when we return in the evening and then they will clean with sore bottom. I will ask the front desk to have the housekeeper skip that room for the day.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I think I'm in Doc's camp with this one. It sounds like pretty standard fare for this age group, so Blake can nurse a spot higher up and the rest can join for a trio (or so) of sandal whacks and clean up and get on to breakfast to enjoy the rest of the day.

squarecutter

Sherrif
i THINK 3 WITH A SLIPPER OR OTHER FOOTWEAR EXACTLY RIGHT FOR THIS. a KIND OF "SCHOOL DORM" STYLE PUNISHMENT. THEN THEY CAN CLEAR UP THE MESS BEFORE WE GO. BREAKFAST IS PROBABLY OFF

Jack

Admin
A clarification here - ten minutes would not have been nearly enough. I'm not going to say it was everywhere (I think Noah and Denny are the only ones who shave on anything resembling a regular basis - Noah will sometimes shave twice a week, if he has something special occurring). The thing is, take a handful of shaving cream, then really sling it... See how much it spreads out.

mahoover

Cowboy
I would be inclined to say that they can get breakfast at the hotel's continental breakfast (since that is a option for those that wanted to sleep in), but the room had better be in great condition when everyone else gets back from breakfast. Consequences of their actions is they don't get that great of a breakfast. If there hadn't already been an option to have people stay at the hotel for breakfast, I would have put the do not clean tag on the door, and hustled them to breakfast. After telling them we would discuss this when we get back to the hotel tonight. Let them stew somewhat at the park. Once again I would have them clean the room themselves, but let that be the consequence. However they would all be on zero tolerance from then on.

John Boy

Sherrif
Brush time, then some bare clean up.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

LLALVA

Trailboss
Shocked do they think they are spring breakers?

They have to cleanup!

Three a piece does seem appropriate Suspect

Hugs

Leti

Jack

Admin
I would like to say that I negotiated a settlement with them, but since I took off my own belt (a black, Dickies, double prong, 38" belt, which is described as "38mm wide genuine leather strap", I'm pretty sure you'd be more correct to say I dictated terms.

I have to admit that I enjoy busting Noah, Eli, and Denny maybe a bit more than normal. I think that's in the way they approach it (especially as a group). It's not that they like it, but they don't quite dread it either. It's kind of more, 'oops, yeah, we screwed up and now we have to deal with this unpleasant thing'. It's also because there's an element of acceptance to it, but also an element of... competition. Especially with Denny, watching him try to be blase about it can be very enjoyable.

I know that, and I try to keep it in mind when dealing with this group.

So, with my belt off, held in both hands, which were flexing it while I spoke, I explained the deal to them. I pointed out that people were hired to clean the rooms, but they weren't paid to deal with this kind of mess. I told the boys that they would not be going to breakfast, but would be staying and cleaning the room. Further, I would be back at 9:30 (about the time we expected to arrive at the park) to check on the room, and that if the room wasn't 'acceptably clean', I'd whup each of them, then leave them to take a cab to the park when they did finish cleaning it.

What I didn't tell them was that, if they made any effort at all, I was going to find the room acceptably clean. They actually did a pretty good job. I got back a bit before 9:30, and they were mostly finished. I made them all sit down, right a letter of apology to housekeeping, and then made them each chip in five dollars (out of their spending money) as a tip. I'm pretty sure that made a better impression on them than the belt would have. I did offer one stroke with the belt if anyone needed inspiration in writing their apology letters, but no one seemed to have writer's block.

Jack

Admin
I almost forgot to mention - I did go through the McDrive-thru, so the guys could get something to eat before hitting the park.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I think making them clean up their mess at the expense of missing breakfast is fair. It's not as if they can't find something to eat at the amusement parks.

Kat

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Fair 'nuf. They still got a decent breakfast and had the bounds established. A good outcome in any event!!

Stone Man

Marshall
Jack wrote:I would like to say that I negotiated a settlement with them, but since I took off my own belt (a black, Dickies, double prong, 38" belt, which is described as "38mm wide genuine leather strap", I'm pretty sure you'd be more correct to say I dictated terms....

.... I did offer one stroke with the belt if anyone needed inspiration in writing their apology letters, but no one seemed to have writer's block.
I like the "real answer", Jack, particularly having them all write out apologies and fork over some cash.

Each could still have used a lash or two. Twisted Evil 

Jack

Admin
Stone Man wrote:Each could still have used a lash or two. Twisted Evil 
I actually agree with you, Stoney, but when I can't tell where discipline/correction ends and my spankophilia begins, I err on the side of leniency.

Stone Man

Marshall
Jack wrote:
Stone Man wrote:Each could still have used a lash or two. Twisted Evil 
I actually agree with you, Stoney, but when I can't tell where discipline/correction ends and my spankophilia begins, I err on the side of leniency.
That's why I like the Twisted Evil . It can do things I know I probably need not do.Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes 

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum