BOTD 08-11-13 Will Marco Skate By Again? An Ivor Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Will Marco Skate by again?
An Ivor Production

This is your 14 year old son Marco
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A couple of weeks ago he fell off his skateboard and broke his arm. He wasn't wearing any protective gear, but it seems unlikely that would have prevented the break. However, you've told him he must wear it in future.

Today he has his skateboard with him and as can be seen no protective gear in evidence. His claim is that he hasn't been boarding, but when you ask him that question inn front of his pals there is an audible titter from a couple of them on hearing his reply.

Is he going to be able to carry on happily licking or should he start worrying about another licking when he gets home?

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
I'm going to give him a "little boy spanking" He needs to be reminded that he needs to mind!

AFinch

Sherrif
Unless I can prove he disobeyed, and titters from friends are NOT proof, he gets a pass.

When we get home, though, we will again go over the safety rules.

And I will try to remember that the current obsession over safety is a recent phenomenon, and remind myself that protective gear would NOT have prevented Marco's current injury. I grew up riding bicycles and horses without a helmet, and lived to tell the tale as did almost all of my peers.

Eldo

Cowboy
Same as Skater. A little boy spanking. Over my knee, with the bare hand, slow and steady. But for quite a long while, to make sure he remembers, as there's the potential for further injury in what he's done.

David M. Katz

Marshall
AFinch wrote:Unless I can prove he disobeyed, and titters from friends are NOT proof, he gets a pass.

When we get home, though, we will again go over the safety rules.

And I will try to remember that the current obsession over safety is a recent phenomenon, and remind myself that protective gear would NOT have prevented Marco's current injury.  I grew up riding bicycles and horses without a helmet, and lived to tell the tale as did almost all of my peers.
I totally concur.

kalico

Sherrif
Kier has said it for me......

hugs kal

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Agree with the K Klub this time.

While his buddies' reaction doesn't constitute proof, they raise my antennae.  If you skate without the gear the consequence can be broken bones as he already discovered.  Marco gets a 'direct order' to wear the gear henceforth; failure afterwards is disobedience and you know what buys in our house.

Last edited by 1strappedboy on Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : xs&! i-device auto correct.)

AFinch

Sherrif
I don't disagree Dimitri--but the scenario SPECIFICALLY SAYS:

"He wasn't wearing any protective gear, but it seems unlikely that would have prevented the break."

It's a trap to believe that all potential injury can be prevented by "protective gear".  I've treated more than one patient who "wasn't wearing a seat belt" who survived solely for that reason.  I've treated a lot MORE patients who survived as a result of wearing one.  Rules almost always have exceptions that make sense. The legal system sees things solely in terms of black or white, but the real world doesn't work that way.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
K Club for me. The strength of my insistence on the protective equipment is dependent on what sort of tricks Marco is doing on the skateboard.

Kat

John Boy

Sherrif
Skater wrote:I'm going to give him a "little boy spanking" He needs to be reminded that he needs to mind!
Ditto

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Ever so true Doc. I can though, point to his cast and say "That's what comes with doing stunts without the right gear!". Heaven knows we rode bikes without helmets, didn't wear seatbelts and (gasp) rode in the bed of pickup trucks and lived to tell about it, but we DO know better now! I'm willing to let my boy BE a boy but I must bow to the reality that says my little one could get hurt and I have more than a small obligation to keep that from happenIng if I can.

I guarantee you that Lyn would chew my ears CLEAR off if I didn't keep the kid's from doing 'dumb crap!'

David M. Katz

Marshall
1strappedboy wrote: if I didn't keep the kid's from doing 'dumb crap!'
I think it is every boy's job to do dumb crap and try his best to not get caught. Shocked  Razz  Twisted Evil 

1strappedboy

Sherrif
David M. Katz wrote:
1strappedboy wrote: if I didn't keep the kid's from doing 'dumb crap!'
I think it is every boy's job to do dumb crap and try his best to not get caught.   Shocked  Razz  Twisted Evil 

Lord knows, that was our plan as kids as we all knew, heaven help us when we were caught!!!

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Kier says it for me too.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

squarecutter

Sherrif
When his pals have gone home we will have a chat about the rules and probably some stingers to reinforce the point as to judge from Marco's friends the message isn't quite getting through to Marco

Stone Man

Marshall
squarecutter wrote:When his pals have gone home we will have a chat about the rules and probably some stingers to reinforce the point as to judge from Marco's friends the message isn't quite getting through to Marco
This works for me, unless I can garner proof Marcus was lying.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum