Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 15 August 2013 - Which House Rules?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 15 August 2013 - Which House Rules? on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:10 pm

Jack

Admin
Your son, Noah
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.],
has started 'two-a-day' football practice. They practice from 7am to 11am, then again from 6pm to 8pm.

A lot of Noah's friends are football players, and many of them are younger than he is. You've let it be known that all those boys who have trouble getting home and back for the practice are welcome to hang out at your house during the day. Some of them you haven't seen for a while, and some of them you have.

And then there's the terrible trio.

Blake
Denny
and Eli
are pretty much Noah's best friends, except possibly his brothers and one cousin. All three of them are 15, and you consider all three of them to be part of the family.

That's for good and for bad. While they've traveled with you, gone to movies with you, shared in your family rituals, and partaken of your meals, they've also done chores, stood in corners, and even spanked - sometimes just a few, school-style swats, and sometimes the longer, harsher punishments you deal out when more than minor correction is required.

The parents of all three boys are a bit nonplussed at your willingness to deal with their sons, on top of your own crowd, but they're also very happy about it, and all of them tend to support your rules. Since you have so many boys coming and going, one of your strict rules is that the boys - all of whom are 15, are responsible for letting their parents know where they are and when they'll be there.

Last night, the boys arrived home from football practice about 8:35. Blake had gone home, but Denny and Eli both settle in. All of them showered after football practice to help cool down, and now they dive into roast chicken breasts, salads, and pasta you had awaiting them. You remind them to clean their mess.

Forty-five minutes or so later, the three trudge by you, wearing only boxers, stopping just long enough to make sure it's okay for them to use your bathroom with the steam room.

Ten minutes after that, your phone rings. It's Todd Rice, Eli's father, calling to see if he's there. When you assure Todd that the boy is, he shrugs it off, asks you to tell him to call and say good night to his mom, and bids you a good evening.

Are you going to pass anything of your own along with the message?

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

2 Re: BOTD 15 August 2013 - Which House Rules? on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:00 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Unless there was a really good reason for not calling home (and there doesn't appear to be one here) I think a short 'reminder' is not out of the question here.

With that many boys on hand, anarchy is just a short distance from happening anyway. There HAVE to be reasonable rules established and followed if this is to work.

From everything I've heard about your house, this is an extremely reasonable rule. I may not go 'full tilt' spanking if this is a first offense; a swat or 2 may do but I'll definitely 'enforce' the consequence.

3 Re: BOTD 15 August 2013 - Which House Rules? on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:39 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
1strappedboy wrote:Unless there was a really good reason for not calling home (and there doesn't appear to be one here) I think a short 'reminder' is not out of the question here.  

With that many boys on hand, anarchy is just a short distance from happening anyway.  There HAVE to be reasonable rules established and followed if this is to work.

From everything I've heard about your house, this is an extremely reasonable rule.  I may not go 'full tilt' spanking if this is a first offense; a swat or 2 may do but I'll definitely 'enforce' the consequence.
What he said.

4 Re: BOTD 15 August 2013 - Which House Rules? on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:04 pm

kalico

Sherrif
Very Happy  What those two said.......LOL!

hugs kal

5 Re: BOTD 15 August 2013 - Which House Rules? on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:28 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
I think I will call him into the office however he is dressed and have him call his Mom. Then ask him about our rules.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

6 Re: BOTD 15 August 2013 - Which House Rules? on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:10 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I don't see this as a cause for spanking unless its a repeat offence.  I'll call him in and remind him of the rules, and of consequences next time it occurs.  It might also be worth checking out that Denny has followed procedure.

How times change.  ..... When I was that age only businesses and well-to-do homes had telephones.  I used to go Youth Hostelling and the only way my parents had of checking on my whereabouts and welfare was via a postcard dropping through their letter box the following day.

I wonder just how much technology, with surveillance, GPS, cell phones (and tracking thereof) etc. contributes to the lack of freedom we suffer from today, even down to the control freakery culture that through PC curtails even freedom of speech?
Sad

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

7 Re: BOTD 15 August 2013 - Which House Rules? on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:37 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
Might ask Mr Rices view on this. Seems to me he's the wronged party. Should I spank ELi, apply warning stingers or put him on the phone.  Either way Eli and I WILL be having a word!

OOhps I see Todds not too bothered. I think a few stingers are n order

8 Re: BOTD 15 August 2013 - Which House Rules? on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:04 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Seems to me it's his father's place to punish Eli if he feels it is appropriate. I will mention the call to Eli but I'll leave it to Mr. Rice to decide on any punishments. For all I know, the phone call was his subtle way of letting Eli know he's in trouble.

Kat

9 Re: BOTD 15 August 2013 - Which House Rules? on Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:03 pm

LLALVA

Trailboss
I would tell Eli what his father said and wait for him to tell me what he thinks.

I love you

Leti

10 Re: BOTD 15 August 2013 - Which House Rules? on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:05 pm

Padraig

Trailboss
The message will be passed and Eli will know that the 'rents are not pleased.

11 Re: BOTD 15 August 2013 - Which House Rules? on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:24 am

Jack

Admin
Kat wrote:For all I know, the phone call was his subtle way of letting Eli know he's in trouble.
This is actually a very valid point. However, I've known Eli and his family for over three years now (and my gosh, that's hard to believe), and I'm pretty sure that I would have been able to tell by talking to him if Eli was in trouble or not. For that matter, if he had been in trouble, I'm pretty certain Todd would have asked me to have him get ready to be picked up.

I'm going to start by saying that this rule is pretty much 100% selfish. While it is polite (and a very good idea for safety and sanity) for a kid to be sure their parents know they're sleeping away, and while it's something my kids know they'd better do, it's not the main reason for the rule.

While kids are getting cell phones at younger and younger ages, remember that my oldest is 32, and that kids didn't have cell phones when he was a squirt, or even a teen. Back then 'car phones' were big bricks you had to lug around, and that only worked when plugged into a car battery.

The simple fact is that, with as many kids as are in and out of here on a regular basis, some of them staying over night with little planning, I don't want to be dealing with late evening calls, checking on their kids.

In this case, I realize Eli was just unlucky, because he'd left his phone (and clothes) in Noah's bedroom, while they were availing themselves of the deluxe facilities in my bedroom, but I felt a small example wasn't out of order.

I fetched Eli out of the 'steam room' (it's just big enough for three, if they're not uncomfortable with a lot of contact), and had him stretch out on the massage table. While rubbing his shoulders, I reminded him of the rule, then told him what Todd had said. He admitted he'd 'just forgot' to call, and I kind of had the feeling it wasn't a rare thing, but that he usually caught the call on his phone. I unhooked his towel and spread it to bare his rear. He moaned, because he knew what was coming.

Since he was laying flat, I had him lift up, and I slipped my left arm around his hips a bit, to elevate his bottom, and to keep anything important from smacking the table.

Eli tried to squirm around a bit to see if I had a paddle or anything, but I don't think he could get a good look. The table does have a few drawers, but I don't really keep anything in their but some oil and clothes. I don't think the boys know that though, so he might have been worried about that.

I only gave him about six hand smacks. They were pretty hard, but not as hard as the boys give each other when they're fooling around - especially not on birthdays.

When I finished, he squirmed around to glare at me for a moment - half rueful and half accusatory - then laid flat and rubbed for a second, and then I gave him my phone.

He called his mom, and they talked a couple of minutes. Todd must have called because she'd put the girls to bed and was getting ready to turn in herself. The conversation started something like...

"Hey, Mom."

Pause.

"Yeah, I just forgot. Jack chewed me out and gave me some smacks."

Pause.

"Not too bad... Just his hand."

"Yeah, I'm pretty sore, but we had a good time..."

I"m assuming she'd asked about football practice by that point.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

12 Re: BOTD 15 August 2013 - Which House Rules? on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:19 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
Jack wrote:

LOL lol!

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

13 Re: BOTD 15 August 2013 - Which House Rules? on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:12 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
John Boy wrote:
Jack wrote:

LOL lol!
affraid 

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum