a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 8/21/13 "Caught Up The Pole" A Squarecutter Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
CAUGHT UP THE POLE
A Squarecutter Production

This is your 9 year old son Conrad. He is the subject of the amicable discussion with the Principal of his elementary school. Conrad has a heart of gold but is no angel and has a reputation as a bit of a dare devil.

CONRAD - 9
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So when the Gym master recently taught Conrad's class how to climb the pole in the school gym it was but a short step to finding one of them to scale the school flag pole and remove the Stars and Stripes fluttering there. Conrad, also ahem... the best climber in the class, stepped up but suggested waiting till recess the next day.

The Principal says he saw the commotion in the yard and went to investigate just in time to see Conrad start his return to earth with the Stars and Stripes firmly in his hand. Now  fluttering proudly atop the pole was your recently acquired pair of red and white beach shorts!

What now? Is Conrad in for it? The school can paddle and you have used a spoon or hand on Conrad when needed. There is no specific shool rule about the pole though the gym master forbids it unless on his say so. But there are general rules about endangering oneself and others which can and do incur disciplinary action.

So is it you, the Principal, both or does Conrad get away with out a sore behind?

Conrad did offer to go up and put the Stars and Stripes back on the pole!

John Boy

Sherrif
he can put the flag back up the proper way. I will see what the school is offering. I may talk with him about it and talk about time and places to climb. Butt I might not be so forgiving next time. EmbarassedEmbarassed

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Jack

Admin
I'm not really sure why I'm here. If it's not strictly against the rules, I'd say it should be dismissed and clarified. Are they alerting me because they feel he's taking too many risks? I'll talk to him about safety issues, but I'm not going to punish him unless we've had a lot of problems over issues like this.

Unless he gets spanked for stealing my shorts, I suppose.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

AFinch

Sherrif
I agree with Jack

David M. Katz

Marshall
Ditto to Kier's ditto of Jack. Very Happy 

kalico

Sherrif
Very Happy ....DITTO the Ditto's

hugs kal

Padraig

Trailboss
me too.

ivor

Marshall
It's a school issue - apart maybe from my shorts which if damaged he'll have to replace.

Reminds me of a scenario from an old chapter of the St Justice's series where the boys climbed a flagpole in the grounds of their rival school to replace that school's flag with one of their own rugby shirts after achieving a rare victory. They did get caned for their exploits but this was sixty years ago.....

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
ivor wrote:It's a school issue - apart maybe from my shorts which if damaged he'll have to replace.

Reminds me of a scenario from an old chapter of the St Justice's series where the boys climbed a flagpole in the grounds of their rival school to replace that school's flag with one of their own rugby shirts after achieving a rare victory. They did get caned for their exploits but this was sixty years ago.....  
Yeah, but if it was a rival school, they were probably out of bounds. affraid 

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

squarecutter

Sherrif
As the (perhaps slightly embarrassed) Dad I am going to leave this one up to the school. We're probably used to these antics but they have to think about the safety of ALL their students.
As the Principal i can certainly see what a good joke it was but... unfortunately for Conrads butt there is I think, a safety issue and not something I wish to encourage. I have no wish to be harsh but I think two swats with a reasonably lightwight paddle, not at full force but just hard enough to send a message to give a little daredevil and any of his friends something to think about. I will make it clear to the school as to why I paddled and that I will be less lenient next time. If not climbing that pole was not a clear rule before it is now!

I will look out the references but I also had in mind a couple of Pi Betas surprise promotion stories which both ended with serious canings.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Whatever the school chooses to do will be fine with me. A couple of swats won't kill Conrad, though I expect punishment in this situation will only add to his daredevil reputation. I'll have a talk with him at home to warn him not to seek out new opportunities to impress his friends, as I will have to take action at home if he does.

Kat

MemoryMan

Sherrif
It's up to the school, I'm not going to punish a stunt that made me smile.

I will however have a word about the danger he put himself in and warn he'd better not do it again - or else.  

I'd better also warn him that having removed the flag to substitute pants - red ones at that - He's going to be under CIA surveillance for the rest of his life.

Razz - or is it?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Pi Beta

Deputy
squarecutter wrote:

I will look out the references but I also had in mind a couple of Pi Betas surprise promotion stories which both ended with serious canings.
The punishment for this was actually described in "Carters Cuts" though the scenario was introduced in Surprise Promotion Part 17. The canings were severe, being carried out by the then Headmaster whose eventual departure "on Doctor's advice" was partially due to the severity of his punishments - including this one.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Pi Beta wrote:
squarecutter wrote:

The punishment for this was actually described in "Carters Cuts" though the scenario was introduced in Surprise Promotion Part 17. The canings were severe, being carried out by the then Headmaster whose eventual departure "on Doctor's advice" was partially due to the severity of his punishments - including this one.

Not to mention Pt 16 when the acolyte scaled a street light

Stone Man

Marshall
I shall leave Conrad's punishment at school as his only punishment... this time. I will talk with him again about his antics and warn him that I may have to add a punishment of my own if he cannot cool his jets.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum