a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 8/22/13 "Fashion Victim" A Late Chat Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
FASHION VICTIM
A Late Chat Production

You, your spouse and eight year old son, Skyler, are attending a local street fair.  Skyler is admiring a scarf in one of the vendor booths and wants to buy it.  You tell Skyler it is still early and that he should look around some more before deciding on what he wants to buy.

As you and your spouse are looking at another booth, Skyler manages to wander away.  You start a frantic search for your son.  You finally see Skyler and he is wearing the scarf.  You find that strange as you are holding Skyler's money.  

SKYLER - 8
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You further notice that Skyler is posing as another tourist is taking pictures of him.  You run up to your son relieved to have found him.

The photographer introduces himself and says he photographs all sorts of models for various fashion magazines.  He says Skyler and his scarf caught his eye.  He hands you a card and says he would love to work with your son.

How do you respond to Skyler?  How do you respond to the photographer?

Kittykat

Deputy
Okay, first of all. Some dude with a camera is taking pictures of my kid without my approval. He can hand over the film or I'm calling the police.  Modeling photographer or not, no reputable agency would DARE take pictures of a minor child without parental consent.

Second, We are returning the scarf and Skyler is getting a thorough spanking for theft when we get home.

kalico

Sherrif
Very Happy  Miss Kitty unless maybe the photo guy happened to purchase the scarf but from what it sounds like he did steel so his booty is toast with a capital T

hugs kal

John Boy

Sherrif
After thinking about it, I will do this, My son is not modeling for this company just on the grounds they did not ask me first. Second I need to figure out how my son got a hold of the scarf, if he stole it EmbarassedEmbarassed otherwise we will figure it out. If my son is interested in modeling, I will think it over and talk to him later about it.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Padraig

Trailboss
Kittykat wrote:He can hand over the film or I'm calling the police.  
Um... film? What's that?     Wink 

You could demand that he deletes the pics he made but if he refuses? Sure the police can make a check on him but else? Is there actually a law against taking pictures of minors, especially if they are cooperating? I'm not talking about publishing.

Anyway, it's Skyler we're talking about and before anything happens I will investigate how he got the scarf. For wandering off, well, was I too occupied with other things?

MemoryMan

Sherrif
"Handed his card" ... so he's genuine and Skyler was cooperating ... Hmm?

I'm not happy with his ethics, but it could be an opportunity for Skyler ... we'll have to think? scratch 

BUT HOW DID HE COME TO HAVE THAT SCARF? Mad

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

squarecutter

Sherrif
[quote="Kittykat"]Okay, first of all. Some dude with a camera is taking pictures of my kid without my approval. He can hand over the film or I'm calling the police.  Modeling photographer or not, no reputable agency would DARE take pictures of a minor child without parental consent.

Second, We are returning the scarf and Skyler is getting a thorough spanking for theft when we get home.[/quote

The mama got there first. I too would want nothing to do with this man.I don.t want him anywhere near the boy and I want those photos. I have no idea he is on the level.

As to my son. Skyler and I are in for a long chat . I want to know if the man bought that scaff (i think I heard it referred to as a snood btw) or whether he

stole it. Either way we said no and Skyler has been dishonest probably and disobedient. He has disappeared from our sight and put himself in potential danger. It will put a pall on the day but Skyler will be getting a sharp lecture about honesty and stranger danger,and the spanking of his life when we get home. The scaff goes back to the shop

Jack

Admin
I'm going to try not to overreact, but I find it a bit... unusual that a professional photographer would be taking multiple pictures of a boy this young, when there was obviously no parent around. For now, I'll take his card and thank him, then research him when we get home before I consider anything.

Once that's dealt with, I'm going to have a talk with Skyler. Since I have his money, it's pretty obvious what's happened. At 8, I don't find this quite the heinous action I will in a few years. I need to calm down and balance everything before making a decision. It really depends on exactly where we are and who we're with, but I think I will hand a fellow adult the scarf to deal with, then Skyler and I will go home, where he'll receive a lecture about theft (and wandering off and a reminder of how to deal with strangers, though it seems he was in no danger this time), and then he will receive a thorough spanking. Once his bottom has cooled down a bit, he and I can go back to the fair.

(I'll tell him that he's not getting the scarf, but I'll have the other adult purchase and hide it, and it will make a nice gift later.... unless I decide to buy one that's a bit more complimentary later).

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I doubt that lecturing Skyler about strangers will do any good, as I have undoubtedly done this many times in the past. Young kids simply cannot recognize friendly adults who look normal as the "strangers" they should be wary of. I'll simply have to do a better job of keeping track of him in public places. As to the photographer, I will tell him thanks but no thanks. Even if he is legitimate, I wouldn't want my 8 year old involved in modeling.

If Skyler stole the scarf, we will return it with apologies and I will spank Skyler once we get home, provided I am sure he understood the wrongness of his action.

Kat

Stone Man

Marshall
Jack wrote:I'm going to try not to overreact, but I find it a bit... unusual that a professional photographer would be taking multiple pictures of a boy this young, when there was obviously no parent around.  For now, I'll take his card and thank him, then research him when we get home before I consider anything.

Once that's dealt with, I'm going to have a talk with Skyler.  Since I have his money, it's pretty obvious what's happened.  At 8, I don't find this quite the heinous action I will in a few years.  I need to calm down and balance everything before making a decision.  It really depends on exactly where we are and who we're with, but I think I will hand a fellow adult the scarf to deal with, then Skyler and I will go home, where he'll receive a lecture about theft (and wandering off and a reminder of how to deal with strangers, though it seems he was in no danger this time), and then he will receive a thorough spanking.  Once his bottom has cooled down a bit, he and I can go back to the fair.
I can live with that, and Skyler will more than likely survive it.

Pi Beta

Deputy
I spent quite a long time musing on this and eventually a solution came to me while out walking my dog. However, since it took a long time to formulate, it probably isn't what I would have done at the time.

Having thought it through, my reaction should be to claim to be my son's agent and to have registered his image rights. Accordingly, I will demand £250 fee per shot from the photographer. Having given me his card, I shall know how to pursue him.

Since I'm sure he won't want to pay, his alternative will be to delete all the shots he has taken from his memory card with me watching closely to ensure this is what he does.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
With his light blond hair I can see why a photographer would want Skyler as a subject. If the photographer bought the scarf for Skyler in exchange for him posing for pictures then I should not interfere with his business deal. (But I will check out the name and phone number on the card.) I doubt Sky would steal the scarf because he would know it is wrong and with his striking blond hair he would know he was almost certain to be caught!

So I will stand by for a bit until the photog is done taking pictures, and then I will question him further.

Iconoclast

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum