a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 08-25-13 Matt's First Job - A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
MATT'S FIRST JOB
A DMK Production

Your best friend operates a mall kiosk selling t-shirts and caps. In your state it is legal for fifteen year olds to be employed. Your son, Matt, has just turned fifteen and would like to have a summer job. He asks your friend to hire him to work in the kiosk. As your friend wishes to expand to another mall he does need help so he hires Matt. Matt's duties are to keep the kiosk stocked and organized and to greet customers and take payment for purchases. At certain slower times Matt will be alone in the kiosk.

MATT - 15
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Matt has been working for a little over six weeks. Tonight your friend asks if he can come by and talk with you. Your friend says that he was starting to notice some discrepancies in his inventory and sales figures. He says he reviewed the security camera videos and noticed that Matt was giving away shirts and caps to other young people. He asks to show you the videos. Matt is clearly seen bagging up caps and shirts and handing them to other kids without taking any sort of payment. You recognize several of the kids in the videos as friends and classmates of Matt's.

Your friend says he is going to have to fire Matt. He further says he would normally turn the matter over to the police but, considering your friendship, he will leave the matter for you to deal with as you see fit.

Will Matt's termination be the end of the matter?

kalico

Sherrif
Will Matt's termination be the end of the matter? HECK NO!!!

I will talk with my son matt but with all the evidence I don't think it will matter really in the end. He will paying my friend/his ex boss back. Either with last check or a loan from me but either way it's all getting paid back. Then he can go outside and cut himself a switch. He is way old enough to know this was stealing.

Evil or Very Mad  me might just ask my friend/his ex boss to come watch or deliver a few swipes!!!

hugs kal

Stone Man

Marshall
kalico wrote:
I will talk with my son Matt but with all the evidence I don't think it will matter really in the end. He will paying my friend/his ex boss back. Either with last check or a loan from me but either way it's all getting paid back. Then he can go outside and cut himself a switch. He is way old enough to know this was stealing.
I will likely stick with my well worn razor strop rather than a switch, but that is all I would change.

John Boy

Sherrif
What Kal said.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

AFinch

Sherrif
I agree with Kal and Cap as well.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Matt will be paying my friend back. I want to know if he was bullied or came under peer pressure to do what he did. We will be talking about that, and adult responsibility which he has just failed to show any of. He needs to show he can be relied on when he applies for work in future.. This wont help. Will he be firm when he gets his first car or will his friends be all over him for lifts. I think there should be enough here for him to think about without my needing to thrash him unless he thinks he needs it or unless he displays a poor attitude

ivor

Marshall
For a fifteen year old Matt seems to be a bit of an idiot. Surely he should have realised that while he might get away with handing out a few items giving away a large number was bound to be discovered? Which is not to say I would approve of him giving away even a few.

He's lost his job and he's going to have to pay my friend back. Stoney may be right about the strop which hopefully he will feel he has earned more than his wages.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
He's been sacked and only escaped prosecution through my friendship with his employer ... scary for him?  .... natural consequences reign.

He will pay restitution and we will be having a talk along Squarecutter's lines.

Then he will be dropping his pants for an interview with the strap .... the price of my friend not calling in the police. Crying or Very sad Mad

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Jack

Admin
I'm going to have a long talk with Matt. I'll detail everything he did that was wrong, then point out how lucky he is that he's not having to deal with the police in some manner (this kind of thing is actually pretty hard to prosecute, but I still doubt it would be pleasant). I'm also going to stress that he took advantage of my friendship with someone to get this job, which means he could have been causing problems for other people besides himself.

I think I'm going to ask my friend for an approximate dollar value, and Matt's going to need to repay that. Maybe we can start by selling his video game and cancelling his phone to help him save money. At that point, I don't think a sore bottom will be needed, though I'll gladly put him over my knee for a session with the hairbrush if he feels too guilty.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Jack

Admin
ivor wrote:For a fifteen year old Matt seems to be a bit of an idiot. Surely he should have realised that while he might get away with handing out a few items giving away a large number was bound to be discovered? Which is not to say I would approve of him giving away even a few.
Having owned a retail business for nearly 25-years now, I'll tell you that MANY youngsters, even college kids, really don't have a real appreciation for how inventory control - stock/sales - works.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Matt's age makes me agree with Squarecutter.

Kat

Padraig

Trailboss
We will talk first, but I don't really doubt the outcome.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum