a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 08-30-13 Casey's Confession - A Kat Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster

Casey’s Confession

A Kat Production

Casey is a 14-year-old eighth grader, who is one of a select group of students at his middle school who have the privilege of working in the office or library during one period of the school day in place of taking an elective subject. Because Casey works in the office, he has access to the teachers’ mailboxes, where they receive messages from other staff, as well as professional mail delivered to the school address.

Casey 14

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You are an assistant principal at the middle school, and because your office is contained within the main office, you see a lot of Casey. Today he comes to you to confess that he has been party to a prank, which involved putting messages into the box of a teacher. You have punished several students who have used gay-bashing slurs against the teacher in question; you do not know if he is, in fact, gay. Your concern is that he has not been able to develop a rapport with students and is, in your opinion, often overly harsh in assigning punishments. As a result, he is very unpopular with the students, though you find it difficult to pin down any official reason to criticize him. Casey forged messages expressing a romantic interest in Mr. Watson and signed the name of a young, attractive male staff member. Now he is afraid he has gone too far and feels badly about the prank.

What action will you take?

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Where is my padddle?

AFinch

Sherrif
I can't see how a paddle is going to make this situation better.

Casey clearly already feels bad about what he's done. I'm still going to read him the riot act. I'm then going to facilitate a meeting between Casey and the unpopular teacher at which Casey will have to share with him what he's just shared with me. That will be more punishment than any paddling, as well as more instructive to Casey, and my presence will keep Mr. Watson from going for his throat.

Once Casey has been dismissed, I'll talk privately with Mr. Watson in order to ascertain whether he can continue to be Casey's teacher or whether he's going to be looking for his own revenge. If it's the latter, I'll transfer Casey now. Either way, I'm going to be keeping a close eye on the situation.

John Boy

Sherrif
I think Cassey and myself and the teacher/s in mention need to sit down to discuss this. I will take whatever action is appropriate, but I will not make the call without all the facts.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Stone Man

Marshall
Casey, Mr. Watson and I will be having a talk. Casey, his Mom and/or Dad and I will be having a talk. Casey, a school paddle and I will be having a talk. Casey will loose the privilege of working in the office or library.

This is a huge can of worms that needs to be worked out.

AFinch

Sherrif
Thinking some more about it, unless Casey writes way better than any 14 year old I know, stylisticly and penmanship-wise, Mr. Watson would have to have known something was afoot before our conference.

My approach will remain the same.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
AFinch wrote:Thinking some more about it, unless Casey writes way better than any 14 year old I know, stylisticly and penmanship-wise, Mr. Watson would have to have known something was afoot before our conference.

My approach will remain the same.
It's easy if you crib the letters from a good source. Wink

Kat

David M. Katz

Marshall
If Kier's, JB's and Stone's answers all got together and somehow produced an offspring that would be my answer.

I am mostly with Kier but JB stresses fact finding and Stone will take away his office privileges. I also agree that a paddling is not going to serve any purpose.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Casey can only have come to me for one of two reasons, either he's a spanko who enjoys being paddled, or he's basically a decent kid who realises his fun has gone too far and is risking punishment while trusting me to sort it out.

I'm discounting the first since there are much less convoluted ways to earn a paddling.

First I'll thank Casey for confessing and assure him I'll sort things out without his identity becoming known.  Next, conscious of my position, I'll tell him his behaviour cannot go unpunished and I'll paddle him. But I'll also tell him to come back to me if Mr Watson recognises his handwriting.

Thirdly I'll have a word with the "young attractive staff member," inform him what 'a student' has done, that the student has been dealt with; and ask him to acquaint me of any further development.  As far as Mr Watson is concerned I'll simply be interested in his reaction, if any.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

ivor

Marshall
Technically I'm now in the wrong place to ditto Katz, but I'll do it anyway Smile 

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
I'm going to ignore the teacher who attracted Casey's ire. I'm not happy about that type of person being a teacher, but he's kind of a red-herring to this.

Casey is going to get some counseling first. I'm glad he came to me and admitted this, but he needs to understand exactly how wrong this was, and how much trouble could have resulted.

Casey is also going to be required to make a formal apology to the teachers involved. I will let those teachers know that I've already handled the discipline in this matter. While I hate to do this kind of thing, I think Casey's already proven that he can't be trusted with this job. He'll have to take PE for the rest of the year. I don't really think swats will be required on top of that.

On the other hand, I don't have to make this decision right away. If my feeling is that Casey really learned a lesson, I might paddle him and let him keep the job.

Either way, I'm keeping an eye on the surly teacher. If I catch him giving Casey a hard time, that might give me what I need to deal with him.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Like MemoryMan, I'm going to sort out this problem for Casey. I think that apologizing directly to Mr. Watson and the other staff member would create a very uncomfortable situation for all parties. I also worry that Mr. Watson's professionalism is inadequate to ensure his relationship with Casey doesn't become difficult. If he had a sense of humor and a rapport with students, I might feel differently. As it is, I think it better to protect Casey's anonymity, which narrows my disciplinary options to paddling -- the max allowed.

Casey can come into school early tomorrow to take his swats discreetly. I won't remove him as an office aide, which would be an obvious indication that he was behind the prank. I don't think there will be any further breaches of trust, as he did come to me.

Kat

squarecutter

Sherrif
I like Kiers solution with Stoneys suggestion of involving the parents thrown in. Maximum embarrassment. I think the question of spanking I will leave to Caseys parents and I will send him straight home after the meeting to talk it through further with them. The younger master deserves to be informed lest there be any further. I think homerooms will have the potential dangers of internet chatrooms as a topic for discussion

Jack

Admin
Having now read all the other replies, I wish I'd consulted with Memory Man before responding.

Drat! Foiled again.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Padraig

Trailboss
I think I should be pleased that Casey trusts me enough to come to me and confess. Yes, he will get punished as the school guidelines allow, and the two teachers will be informed. Casey will know his is on probation on his job in the office for a while.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I find myself aligning with Katz on this one as to how I think I'd realistically work this one.

sparky

Wrangler
This is a bit of a poser for me but, at the end of the day, what Casey did was a spankable offence and so he shall be spanked.

I'm a little bit more concerned about why Casey did it.  Is he a homophobe?  Or is it 14 year old bravado with a more than a dollop of hurtful insensitivity?  Or does Casey have issues with his own sexuality?  Maybe some post-spanking counselling is in order.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum