You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 09-06-2013 Cheeky Kerry - An Ivor Production

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Cheeky Kerry
An Ivor Production

It is the long summer holiday from school. Your 14 year old son Kerry has become a computer games addict. You and your wife have been trying for weeks now to persuade him to go and find something to do outside the house while the weather is good. You gather that your wife has been particularly persistent in 'nagging' him about this.

Today you receive a phone call at work from your wife who says he has finally gone outside but has been deliberately insulting to her in doing so. When you get home this is what you say and Kerry says.
MOM SAID I SHOULD GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Is he in for a spanking for being over cheeky?

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Maybe not for this reason but Kerry's getting spanked... where is my paddle?

AFinch

Sherrif
Although he's nearly irresistably positioned for it, I don't see where he's done anything wrong. He obeyed his mother's instructions, and did what he wanted while doing so--I think he showed a great deal of resourcefulness.

I'm not spanking him.

kalico

Sherrif
lol!  That's to funny....no he gets a pass....

That's something I could see my oldest trying....LOL

hugs kal

sparky

Wrangler
I don't think that what Kerry has done is a spanking offence so, no spanking.  However, I don't think what he's done is as cute or as funny as he does.  And I'm still interested in the conversation between Kerry and his mother, the one in which she says he insulted her.

Those jeans could be coming down after all...

mahoover

Cowboy
No he isn't getting spanked for putting the computer outside. And I will let his mother decide on any disrespect from their conversation, since I wasn't present. I can do any needed spanking, but I shouldn't be judging things I wasn't present for if there if my wife was present.

However, we are going to sit down as a family and have a talk. I will mention that he risked some fairly expensive computer equipment if a sudden rain storm came up. So henceforth, the computer stays inside.

Then we will talk about how we are worried that he is becoming addicted to the games. So some time limits will be created. The limits will be two fold. The first will be a limit on how much game time he has. This will be for all electronic games. The second will be for how much other computer time he has. During his other computer time, he will have to get all of his homework done that needs online access or other computer use. In order to be fair to him, we will involve him in deciding what reasonable limits will be. I will try to get him to suggest initial limits. And we will discuss things that he can do to either get more time in a given week and/or to increase the basic limits. Things like an A+ on a test will get him more time the next week, and good grades for the semester will get an increase in screen time. Along with the chances to increase his time, there will also be things that can decrease his time. Like not getting chores done, or a poor grade on a test.

Stone Man

Marshall
Kerry complied with the letter of the request (order?) and was a long way from the spirit. It will get him a few stingoors from me, but unless his Mom's details of the insult are compelling, I refuse to be the executioner.

The time for intervention with Kerry's heavy gaming was a long time ago. It will be harder to work things out, but Mom and I need to have a very serious talk with Kerry and set up a series of rewards and punishments that will diminish his excessive playing.

I've been searching the picture for a reason to give him a real spanking, but have thus far been unable to proceed. DANG!

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I hate to be the voice of dissent here but Kerry's getting his rear lit up by me for this.

Why, you ask?

Basic disrespect and a flagrant "in your face" attitude that refuse to accept from my son. After I've toasted his buns he will discover that he has lost his electronic "friends" for a week so as to allow him to spend some time in the real world. During that week perhaps we can work out a schedule of time to spend in the virtual world that doesn't keep him from interacting with reality.

David M. Katz

Marshall
I got to laugh at this. Kerry is lucky for the nice weather as a sudden rain shower would have really ruined his life.

He got good exercise lugging his equipment outside and now he can lug it all back inside and then I think we will all take a family bike ride.

No spanking.

kalico

Sherrif
I can see your point Dimirti.......

about the in your face tude........but as for the electronics I think as parent we need to take into account the age and the times. I for one don't like my kids sitting infront of electronics all day but really at 14 they don't just go outside anymore and play like say my 7 year old does.

I've also found that parents who really complain about the electronics will do so while they themselves are sitting infront of one. I try to get my kids to read,play a board game, or get involved in coking something but in the end if all chores are done and they are getting good grades ....so be it!!!

hugs kal

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
It's amazing how few people respond well to nagging, yet parents persist in doing it. While I understand Mom's concern about the amount of time spent on games, I think her approach is wrongheaded and invited a cheeky response. If someone had told me to go out and play when I was fourteen, I'd have probably reacted much worse than Kerry did. He made his point, and now we need to agree to some limits on the electronics. I may make some suggestions for other activities, but I shouldn't be surprised if Kerry treats them with disdain. On the bright side, I can look forward to Kerry soon devoting a lot of his time to acquiring a sex life (other than with his hand).

Kat

John Boy

Sherrif
I'm going to be Switzerland and just say Ditto to all. Razz

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Kat wrote:It's amazing how few people respond well to nagging, yet parents persist in doing it. While I understand Mom's concern about the amount of time spent on games, I think her approach is wrongheaded and invited a cheeky response. If someone had told me to go out and play when I was fourteen, I'd have probably reacted much worse than Kerry did. He made his point, and now we need to agree to some limits on the electronics. I may make some suggestions for other activities, but I shouldn't be surprised if Kerry treats them with disdain. On the bright side, I can look forward to Kerry soon devoting a lot of his time to acquiring a sex life (other than with his hand).

Kat
I dunno, Dave didn't pursue that avenue until he was a sophomore, about 15-16; his hand was sufficient up to that point!Razz 

Jon didn't date clear until the end of his junior year, though Darren had a GF at the end of his freshman year. (Yes I worried about it in his case!!)

Jeff and Ry seem blissfully uninterested (yet) in girls!

Jack

Admin
He's not in for a spanking.

Honestly, I hated it when my parents told me to 'go outside and play'. I'm not sure how they meant it, but it usually sounded to me like 'get out of here and leave us alone.'

Kids these days are used to being entertained 24/7, so if I want Kerry to go outside and play, then I need to help him develop the skills to enjoy doing that. Instead, I've let him become a video game junkie, and now I'm complaining over him learning the skills I helped him learn (I'm assuming he didn't by that system on his own).

The thing to do is talk to Kerry, help him figure out some things that he might like to do, and set some actual limits and expectations. If he violates those, then we can talk about spanking.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Nagging begets its own reward.  Providing there were no F words or the like flying around he gets a pass.

The games addiction though??  I've been very remiss, I should have addressed this sooner.

We'll have a talk, we'll start by agreeing (or not) a time limit. He can police it himself but we will be watching and he will be rather more unhappy about it if we need to devise and enforce a stage 2.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

squarecutter

Sherrif
Mahoover has this for me. Discussion is needed. Kerry clearly breached the spirit of his mothers request if not the deed. Is that the disrespect she complained or was there something verbal as well?

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Kerry is 14, and he needs something real-world to do. I think I will buy him a non-running car that he can begin repairing-rebuilding against the day he can legally drive. Non-running cars can be had for only a little over their scrap price, sometimes even cheaper!

Iconoclast

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Iconoclast wrote:Kerry is 14, and he needs something real-world to do.  I think I will buy him a non-running car that he can begin repairing-rebuilding against the day he can legally drive.  Non-running cars can be had for only a little over their scrap price, sometimes even cheaper!

Iconoclast
I like that idea, Icono. That is for sure one activity guaranteed to get the fourteen year old away from his games, it makes an opportunity for Dad to spend some time with him, and helps him develop some useful knowledge and skills.

Kat

Kerry should be made to realise that the PC is not a toy, but an expensive piece of equipment, what would have happened if he'd tripped over something in the garden while carrying the machine or any of the peripherals?

By doing what he did and saying what he did shows disrespect to his mother, your wife and assuming the computer is yours, he didn't ask you for permission to set it up in the garden.

I'd be firm with him on this one, if you let him get away with it, then you could be paving the way for trouble much later on. A spanking, yes.

ivor

Marshall
Can I join the 'I' Club today?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

kalico

Sherrif
I agree icono that is an excellent idea!!

Hugs kal

David M. Katz

Marshall
Yeah, I have to say - Icono nailed it!

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Kat wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:Kerry is 14, and he needs something real-world to do.  I think I will buy him a non-running car that he can begin repairing-rebuilding against the day he can legally drive.  Non-running cars can be had for only a little over their scrap price, sometimes even cheaper!

Iconoclast
I like that idea, Icono. That is for sure one activity guaranteed to get the fourteen year old away from his games, it makes an opportunity for Dad to spend some time with him, and helps him develop some useful knowledge and skills.

Kat
I do this with the kids when they hit 14.  We go to either one of the Carlisle, PA events or the Fall AACA Nationals at Hershey in October and hit the car corral.  There, they've picked a collectible to restore and join me on the show circuit.  This has been a wonderful way to share my old car passion with them and I pass on the skills I've learned to a new generation.  As nuts as this may sound, the old car bug was one of the very few good things I acquired from Alex as a boy.

Dave fell in love with a rotted out '62 Corvair that now looks great on the field, Jon went with a '65 T-bird (WHAT a project!!), Darren is wrapping up a '68 Chrysler 300 (black, like mine!) and this year Jeff and Ry will "go shopping" at either Fall Carlisle or Hershey as it may be!  I'm blessed that I can afford to indulge in this hobby as it CAN be rather expensive but fixing up a modern clunker is also a great way to spend Dad-Son time!

Jack

Admin
It sounds like a great idea, and Tommy did it, but it's well beyond my 'mechanical abililty'. I teach the kids basic maintenance and trouble shooting, and that's about as far as this Dad can take it.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

John Boy

Sherrif
I like that idea as well.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum