a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 9/17/13 "What Rabbit?" A Late Chat Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
WHAT RABBIT?
A Late Chat Production

This is Rocky, he is your nine your old son.  That is Mr. Bunny he is holding but more on that later.

ROCKY - 9 (WITH MR. BUNNY)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is Adrian.  Adrian is your next door neighbor and Rocky's best friend.  Adrian is also nine.

ADRIAN - 9
This is Paul.  Paul is Adrian's little brother.  Paul is five.  Mr. Bunny is Paul's pet rabbit.

PAUL - 5

Rocky and Adrian walk to school together. They are big fourth graders now. Paul attends  kindergarten at another school.  His parents drive him to school.

Rocky got to Adrian's house this morning so they could walk together.  Rocky saw Adrian had his new toy space ship and was putting it in his back pack.

"Why are you taking that to school?"  Rocky's question was valid as toys are not allowed at school.

"For show and tell, you dork!"  Adrian's response reminded Rocky he had forgotten something.

"Is that today?" Rocky decided he would go back to his house and grab his equally impressive remote control truck.

However as the boys were exiting Adrian's house another idea came to mind.  There, in his hutch on the patio, was Mr. Bunny.  And, it just so happened that a pet carrier was stashed neatly under the hutch - how convenient.

Why go home and get your impressive RC truck when you can "borrow" ("steal" is such a harsh word) your neighbor's kid brother's pet rabbit?  A live bunny trumps any RC truck and it certainly is better than a toy space ship.

So Rocky opens the hutch and puts Mr. Bunny in to the carrier.

"Leave it open and get out of sight, I'll be right back."  Adrian had devised a devilish plan to play a little joke on Paul.

Paul got in trouble just yesterday for always forgetting to close the hutch.  Paul's parents had told him that if he couldn't remember to keep the hutch closed then he would get a spanking.

Adrian drags Paul out to the patio.

"You're in for it now!  Look, you left it open and now Mr. Bunny has run off.  I'm sure he'll come back but Mom and Dad are gonna be so mad."  Adrian paused for dramatic effect. "Hmmm . . . what was it Dad said would happen if you left the hutch open again?  Oh, yeah, a spanking. Now don't go off crying to Mom 'cause, like I said, the rabbit will probably come home.  I just wanted you to know he was gone.  When we get home from school, me and Rocky'll help you look for him.  Have a good day at school and remember no crying and no telling Mom.  Man, Paul, I sure hope we find him.  It would be bad to lose your bunny and get a spanking all in the same day."

Why would Adrian do such a mean thing?  Well, that's what big brothers do.

Adrian caught up with Rocky and filled him in on the "cool joke" and they headed on off to school.  Paul went on to his kindergarten.  His mom was none the wiser as she never passed the hutch and Paul knew it would be best not to inform her of Mr. Bunny's absence.

Show and tell was a huge success.  Everyone, especially Mrs. Foster, was very impressed with Mr. Bunny.  Rocky got a great participation grade on his show and tell project.

Paul had a bad day.  His bunny was gone and he was facing a spanking.  Luckily his kindergarten is dismissed at noon so Paul had all afternoon to look for Mr. Bunny.  Why did he not notice the carrier was missing?  Give him a break - he's only five.

Adrian and Rocky come home.  Rocky hangs back while Adrian ushers Paul in to the house to get some carrots.  Carrots are Mr. Bunny's favorite food and Adrian is sure that will help in the search.  Rocky then sneaks in the yard and takes Mr. Bunny out of the carrier.  The carrier is neatly returned to its home.  Right on cue Adrian and Paul come out of the house and there is Rocky holding Mr. Bunny.

"Hey, Paul, lookie who I found.  He was just hopping around in the yard."

Paul is overjoyed and returns Mr. Bunny to the hutch and makes sure it is closed tightly.  Rocky and Adrian have a private chuckle.

End of story right?  All's well that ends well? Well, not exactly.

Mrs. Foster calls you this evening.  It seems she has been wanting to take up raising rabbits.  Mr. Bunny's appearance at show and tell piqued her interest.  Mrs. Foster asks if she can ask you a few questions.  She says she was very impressed with Rocky's rabbit and would like some pointers on their care.

You of course say, "What rabbit?"

Mrs. Foster tells all.  You explain to her that Rocky does not have a rabbit and you will get to the bottom of it.

Under intense interrogation (you simply asked Rocky where he got a rabbit to take to show and tell) Rocky folds like a cheap table and tells all.  He also throws Adrian under the bus as well.  What kid wants to be in trouble alone?

OK, your turn.  What happens to Rocky?

And for a little bonus:  pretend you are Adrian's and Paul's parent as well.  You just got off the phone with your neighbor who explained the whole thing to you.  What happens to Adrian and Paul?

Jack

Admin
I can kind of understand that Rocky felt he couldn't step on Adrian's 'prank' without causing troubles with his best friend. Still, it was mean-spirited to make the little guy think his rabbit had run away and that it was his fault. There's also the problem of borrowing something without asking (and did the poor bunny have anything to eat while he was at school?).

Rocky's getting himself very thorough spanking, and then we're going to next door, so he can apologize to Paul.

As for Paul and Adrian's parents...

I'm going to re-think threatening a 5-year old. Instead, I'm going to tell him that this is why it's very important to shut the hutch, but I don't want him to be scared to come to me.

As for Aidan, I hope he had a really good laugh, because Paul is going to watch while I tan Aidan's hide.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

kalico

Sherrif
Mad  What Jack said........

hugs kal

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I know this age group isn't noted for an ability to be real empathetic, but still, this is just too mean.

"Stealing" may indeed be a harsh word Rock, but that is what you've done.  You also willingly left another little boy suffer all day thinking he's lost his beloved pet and the worry of an impending spanking, which you'd best hope he hasn't gotten!  If Paulie's gotten spanked you will receive a 2nd spanking for that!

Aiden, I hope you enjoyed the laugh; consider it "paying it forward".

Neither of you had best say one word when you hear Paul taking HIS turn to laugh as he watches the 2 big boys get their first taste of my strap! Twisted Evil 

Unbelievable! Mad

Stone Man

Marshall
David M. Katz wrote:
WHAT RABBIT?
A Late Chat Production

Rocky folds like a cheap table and tells all.

He also throws Adrian under the bus as well.  

I have nothing to add to Jack's take on things. I do, however, really appreciate the above descriptive sentences.

And why did/do parents seem so happy to get to the "BOTTOM" of things?

John Boy

Sherrif
Jack wrote:I can kind of understand that Rocky felt he couldn't step on Adrian's 'prank' without causing troubles with his best friend.  Still, it was mean-spirited to make the little guy think his rabbit had run away and that it was his fault.  There's also the problem of borrowing something without asking (and did the poor bunny have anything to eat while he was at school?).

Rocky's getting himself very thorough spanking, and then we're going to next door, so he can apologize to Paul.

As for Paul and Adrian's parents...

I'm going to re-think threatening a 5-year old.  Instead, I'm going to tell him that this is why it's very important to shut the hutch, but I don't want him to be scared to come to me.

As for Aidan, I hope he had a really good laugh, because Paul is going to watch while I tan Aidan's hide.
What Jack said

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm taking any kids for whom I'm responsible to the nearest fire station and leaving them. I'll keep the rabbit, though.

Kat

Padraig

Trailboss
John Boy wrote:
What Jack said
ditto

Indeed and absolutely a spanking for Adrian and Rocky. They gave no thought to how Paul would be feeling that day and how much it had preyed on his mind that his rabbit had gone missing.

After the spanking Rocky and Adrian are told to apologize to Paul for their misdeed, and next day at school they must offer an apology for also playing a cool joke on their classmates.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Paul and Adrians parents

No doubt Paul will tearfully explain how he didn't know how the rabbit came to be missing but was afraid to say anything unless he got spanked for being

careless again. He's in the clear on this one and he will have much tlc as he had a rather nasty day . We will promise Paul that we won't make snap

judgements and he will be innocent till proven guilty

Adrian is in big troublef and Daddy will be taking a paddle to him for such a mean trick and is complicit in Rocky's deceit at school. We will also remind him to

be organised for events like show and tell day

Rockys Parents

He is complicit in the mean trick played on Paul and also deceiving his teacher and no doubt instigating the idea. He is getting the paddle we keep for him.

We will also be letting his teacher know so that he does not get a fraudulent grade. If the school wish to punish him as well for that we will sign the

permission slip in the positive. We will discuss what might have gone wrong . What if the rabbit really had gone astray when in his care?

1strappedboy

Sherrif
1strappedboy wrote:I know this age group isn't noted for an ability to be real empathetic, but still, this is just too mean.

"Stealing" may indeed be a harsh word Rock, but that is what you've done.  You also willingly left another little boy suffer all day thinking he's lost his beloved pet and the worry of an impending spanking, which you'd best hope he hasn't gotten!  If Paulie's gotten spanked you will receive a 2nd spanking for that!

Aiden, I hope you enjoyed the laugh; consider it "paying it forward".

Neither of you had best say one word when you hear Paul taking HIS turn to laugh as he watches the 2 big boys get their first taste of my strap! Twisted Evil 

Unbelievable! Mad
I was seeing red as a parent when I first encountered this and so must now offer 1 amendment to my initial reaction, seeing as they are but 9 and the strop is a fearsome thing. If they apologize without prompting from me they will escape an early appointment with Piotr. They will however get the belt for their cruelty. It will be 6 but they will absolutely be of the best. I never want a repeat of this in our homes again.

squarecutter

Sherrif
By the way When you said  Rocky folded like a cheap table I am assuming it was a non-folding one. If it was a folding table a cheap one might not fold so easily Laughing 

Kittykat

Deputy
I'm with Jack on this one.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum