23 Sept 2013 - BOTD: Sink or Swim

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 23 Sept 2013 - BOTD: Sink or Swim on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Jack

Admin
This is your son, Timmy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Timmy's 12.

You use spanking with Timmy.  You try to see his side of things, but you insist he extend you the same courtesy, and he still goes over your lap on a semi-regular basis.

You've just finished the fourth week of school, fall is here, but the weather's been acting like it for a while now.  It's been raining off and on for a week, and it's been very windy and unseasonably cool.

It's Saturday, and you're out running your errands.  Timmy has been suffering from cabin fever for a few days now, so you've been letting him skimp on his chores a bit.  He was supposed to catch up on them last night, but you were both pretty blah, so you ended up ordering pizza and having a movie night.  

Today is a beautiful day.  It's much warmer than it has been, with just a slight breeze, and the sky is bright and clear.  As you're heading home, errands finished, you decide to help Timmy finish the chores, then head out back to the pool.

When you get home, he's vacummed the living room, and his bathroom is clean, but his room is still a mess, the dishes you'd put in the dishwasher are still there, and the laundry you'd washed and folded hasn't been put away.

It doesn't take too long to find him...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When he sees you coming, he obviously also sees that you're not happy.

"But Dad," he complains, "it's such a beautiful day I just couldn't stay inside any longer.  Can't I finish the chores tonight?"

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

2 Re: 23 Sept 2013 - BOTD: Sink or Swim on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:01 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Timmy is right, pizza again tonight, after dark! Chores can wait another day. No dishes needed for pizza, or going out to McDonald's!

Iconoclast

3 Re: 23 Sept 2013 - BOTD: Sink or Swim on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Padraig

Trailboss
A week inside is really a long time and he has done at least some of his work. And he might be right. Spending the probably last day of the year with sun and pool temperature doing chores would be a shame. I'll join him and we will do the chores later.

4 Re: 23 Sept 2013 - BOTD: Sink or Swim on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:09 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I think I'd have a bigger issue with him swimming alone.

It takes me 5 minutes to unload the dishwasher. I've timed it. Even given the potential need for step-stools at 12, it shouldn't take him more than 10. Likewise, if the laundry is already washed and folded, it won't take more than 2 minutes to put it away. Cleaning his room--that might take a little longer.

If swimming alone is not an issue, having had his water break, I'm just going to chase him out of the pool and into the house to finish what he was supposed to do, with the carrot of more pool time if he finishes quickly and to my satisfaction.

5 Re: 23 Sept 2013 - BOTD: Sink or Swim on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:07 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
Like the others, no spanking. I will chase him in to do it all (except his room) and then we will both have pool time. He can do his room later.

6 Re: 23 Sept 2013 - BOTD: Sink or Swim on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:54 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I agree; no spanking. He's done some of the stuff and a week is an interminable time to be cooped up in the house.

Presuming swimming alone isn't an issue, I'll join him for a swim and we can finish the chores together this afternoon.

If swimming alone is an issue, how I handle this will be dependent upon whether or not this is a repeat. If it is, a few firm stingoors are in order. If not, this is the entry to the 'last chance saloon!'

7 Re: 23 Sept 2013 - BOTD: Sink or Swim on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:43 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
no spanking, well maybe a few stingeroos. Twisted Evil then have him do the easy chores. I will let him save his room for later but nothing else till it is clean.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

8 Re: 23 Sept 2013 - BOTD: Sink or Swim on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:16 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I have nothing to add to the consensus.

Kat

9 Re: 23 Sept 2013 - BOTD: Sink or Swim on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:42 am

ivor

Marshall
I'm with Kier. Let's get the chores done and then we can enjoy the decent weather. In any case he can't spend all day in the pool surely?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

10 Re: 23 Sept 2013 - BOTD: Sink or Swim on Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:56 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
Is swimming alone ok.

He sees to have done some of the work. There won't be too many more days like this. How long dou you keep 12 year olds on taskfor ?
.I think he needs to get the machine done and may be the laundry away before dinner and tackle the room before bed time

11 Re: 23 Sept 2013 - BOTD: Sink or Swim on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:28 am

Enough has been said already.

12 Re: 23 Sept 2013 - BOTD: Sink or Swim on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:32 pm

Jack

Admin
If he's not breaking a rule by being in the pool alone, I think I'd have him get out and take off his trunks, then I'd apply a couple of smacks, before chasing him off to clean his room, while I did the laundry and dishes.

Or heck, maybe I'll just forget that and go put on my own trunks.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

13 Re: 23 Sept 2013 - BOTD: Sink or Swim on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:49 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
Yup!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum