You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 10-11-13 Leapin' Lizards - A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
LEAPIN' LIZARDS
A DMK Production
With Some Inspiration From ivor

Julian is your thirteen year old son.  When needed you still use spanking as a punishment for Julian.  Julian had been saving his allowance and the money he earned from mowing yards and bought a pet lizard, a tank, accessories, food and a book on lizard care.  Julian named his new pet Larry.  Julian has been doing a great job of taking care of Larry.  The issue is that your spouse hates the lizard.  You support Julian and point out to your spouse that Larry is harmless and that having the pet lizard is doing wonders for Julian and he is showing responsibility.  Your spouse is still vocal about disliking "the hideous creature." Julian is allowed to keep Larry with the understanding that the lizard is kept away from your spouse.

JULIAN - 13 (With Larry)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Today Julian forgot about keeping Larry away from your spouse and had Larry out in the den and was playing with him.  Larry got loose and was scampering around your spouse.  Your spouse started screaming and was trying to stomp Larry.  Julian was able to rescue Larry and the lizard is unharmed.  However, in the ruckus, Julian told your spouse to, "Back the f**k off."

Julian and "the hideous creature" were sent to his room.  You get home and were told what happened.  Your spouse tells you to deal with your son and his attitude and demands that Larry go away.

You go find Julian sitting on his bed looking very upset.

Julian says to you, "I know you are here to spank me and I understand I shouldn't have said that.  I was just upset and I am sorry.  I thought Larry was going to be hurt or killed. I know you have to spank me but please don't make me get rid of Larry."

Are you indeed there to spank Julian?  What happens to Larry?

AFinch

Sherrif
Outside my realm of experience. I wouldn't have allowed Julian to acquire Larry if his mother were so totally unreasonable.

Having done so, it seems to me that if anyone needs to apologize it's Larry's mother. She tried to KILL his pet. "Back the f**k off" would have been exactly what I'd have said under those circumstances.

Having allowed Julian to adopt Larry, I'd be a horrible parent to make him "get rid of him" now. And I will point out to Julian's mom that he would likely never EVER forgive her if she presses the point.

I'm not going to spank Julian. I'm not even going to yell at him. I AM going to reinforce that Larry needs to be kept away from mom, for everyone's sake. I'm going to suggest Julian go apologize for his (justified) outburst--he has already, without prompting, let me know he really IS sorry. I hope his mom is half as mature as he is.

Padraig

Trailboss
What happens to Larry?

Nothing, except he might be banned to Julian's room from now on.

Are you indeed there to spank Julian?

Not now.

We will have to sit down together. This is time for talking, not spanking.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Oh bloody hell.. I can see this one so easily. I had several incidents where Lyn was "get rid of this XS&! mutt" through the years.

I have to calm mom down first as "if Mom ain't happy there's no one happy" but at the same time I do have to deal with his language at his mom.

Under NO circumstance does the f-bomb get delivered to mom regardless of the emotional pressure. I'm glad he understands he's owed a spanking here. It won't be world class to be sure, but one must happen in order to satisfy mom's dignity.

Hopefully we can now go forward; Larry needs to keep his pet confined to his room and my SO needs to lighten up just a snick!

Stone Man

Marshall
It doesn't say anywhere that Julian and his mom and I talked about his getting a lizard as a pet as I can't imagine his having one if his mother had had input. But at this point I'm not going to push for Larry's removal as, except for this incident, Julian has doen a great job caring for his pet and keeping him away from his mom.

Jules will be getting spanked for his poor choice of words. F**k has all too easily rolled off his lips, and at his mom as well. I don't mind his anger being directed at someone who was trying to stomp his pet to death, and would have let a damn, hell, etc go with a verbal warning.

Jules needs to go talk with his mom, when both parties (I hope) will offer apologies. Then he can join me back in his bedroom for enough of a spanking to know he has been punished but far less than the worst he has gotten.

John Boy

Sherrif
I like Dimitris answer.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

LilMoritz

Wrangler
I think same as Pardraig

only talking about that incident
and Larry's life is save

LilMoritz

ivor

Marshall
Julian can have spanking if he feels he really needs one to put things right with his Mom, but it won't be severe.

Then I'll have to talk to the wife. Not sure why my boy called his pet 'George' but she needs to adopt a karma approach to his chameleon. Smile 

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
I misunderstood the scenario. When she told me to get rid of the 'hideous creature', I called Sir Em's divorce attorney.

Okay, seriously, I understand that not every person is an animal person, and some animals which are liked by some are disliked by others. I am really trying to understand that this animal really disturbs (probably scares) her for some reason. Still, she could have just left instead of trying to kill his pet.

I think Julian owes his mother an apology, and I hope she's adult enough to let it go at that (though she should honestly apologize to him and Larry as well).

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Pi Beta

Deputy
I agree with the concensus on this - calm the wife, talk to Julian calmly and safeguard Larry.

No spanking, but a promise of a double dose if I ever hear of his use of that word again - whatever the circumstances.

Might check with the RSPCA whether, if my wife had succeeded in stamping on Larry whether she would have been prosecuted if Julian (or I) had reported her. Might give her food for thought!

I'm not going to punish Julian for his outburst, even if he did use the "F" word. You just don't have the time to think when someone's about to harm the thing you love.

Oh I mustn't say that because it's wrong for me to say it. Bang, crash, wallop. Larry's lying dead on the carpet.

I bet if Julian was being threatened by someone with a knife, your wife would say the same to the guy with the knife as he has just done to her. I will ask Julian to apologize, rather than make him as I know he will.

After he's apologised, the three of us will sit down and quietly find someway to avoid a repetition of what went on earlier. While not wishing to take Julian's side, I will try and appeal to my wife's maternal instincts and say to her, how would you feel if someone came up to you and said, make Julian go away?

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I can't imagine being married to this "hideous creature", but it's a situation I intend to remedy as quickly as possible. Julian can keep his lizard at my pad. I'll only stay in this marriage if my spouse agrees to see a psychologist to help her get over her lizard phobia and her other personality problems, such as unreasonableness -- what the f*** does she expect Julian to say when she's trying to stomp his pet to death?

Kat

Kat wrote:I can't imagine being married to this "hideous creature", but it's a situation I intend to remedy as quickly as possible. Julian can keep his lizard at my pad. I'll only stay in this marriage if my spouse agrees to see a psychologist to help her get over her lizard phobia and her other personality problems, such as unreasonableness -- what the f*** does she expect Julian to say when she's trying to stomp his pet to death?

Kat
I like it Kat, well said.

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
Why give her a second chance? Divorce her now.

AFinch

Sherrif
Murray Campbell wrote:I'm not going to punish Julian for his outburst, even if he did use the "F" word. You just don't have the time to think when someone's about to harm the thing you love.

Oh I mustn't say that because it's wrong for me to say it. Bang, crash, wallop. Larry's lying dead on the carpet.

I bet if Julian was being threatened by someone with a knife, your wife would say the same to the guy with the knife as he has just done to her.
Ask Paula Deen.  That was almost exactly what happened to her (gun, instead of knife) and the "unforgivable word" uttered was used in a private conversation with her husband.  The entire incident occurred 30 years ago, but was "discovered" during a deposition for a lawsuit (which she won) that was "leaked" to the press.  It destroyed her entire career.

I'm still not punishing Julian.  And while I was never a fan of Ms. Deen's, the media (and public) hypocrisy over this matter leads me to support her whenever possible.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Think we need to get Larry to a place of safety. Back in his cage. I need to calm the spouse and assure her that Larry is no dasnger to her, more the other way round. I then need to calm Julian down. Fudge is a much nicer mouthful  than the F bomb but given the stress he was put under I will let it go THIS time. I then hope there will be rapprochement between wife and son if not wife and Lizard. If not then I think Emlyn makes good sense and I get custody of Julian and Larry

kalico

Sherrif
Very Happy ...Im dittoing Kat

hugs kal

Jack

Admin
squarecutter wrote:Fudge is a much nicer mouthful  than the F bomb but given the stress he was put under I will let it go THIS time.
Reminds me of Christmas Story.

Seriously though, I have some trouble with punishing Julian for that word, because I'm assuming he's ridden with me in traffic at some point in his life.

Driving with the little kids, in traffic, nearly causes an apoplexy, with me biting back the curses.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

AFinch

Sherrif
I think it's rather silly.

If you use "Fudge" instead of the "F-bomb", everyone knows what you mean. If you call someone "the N-word", you just used the less tasteful version of it. It's not even polite fiction--it's hypocrisy.

I had a friend growing up who DID say "fudge" to an usher at the movies when were like 9 years old. His "obscenity" was subsequently reported to his mom, and he got the belt for it.

If we're going to be consistent, Julian SHOULD have said "Mother, dear, please step back and allow me to capture Larry". Whether it was "back the f**k off" or just "back off" or "back the fudge off", they are all equally "disrespectful" to a control freak who thinks that stomping a family pet to death is appropriate.

Kittykat

Deputy
I can't answer this one, because I'm a mom of four boys, and I go frog hunting with my boys... Reptiles don't bother me.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum