You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 10-18-13 Friendship at 12- A Skater Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Friendship at 12

A Skater Production

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
That's your 12 year old son Riley with the soccer ball (Football for our european friends). That's his best friend 12 year old Kyle. These two have been best friends since the first grade.

You are in the downstairs bathroom (a room not much used) because you were moving some boxes and you had to go. Well the boys don't know your there because everyone knows the wall are thin down there and from the conversation you know they don't know.

Both boys have recieved spankings over the years but Kyle's dad is a little more strict than you are. There are things he spanks for that you use other forms of punishment. Well it seems Kyle has broken one of the basement windows at his home and Riley is offering to take the blame because they're sure Kyle would get busted (Dad said no ball back there) and that you would probably just ground Riley for a few days.

Now you do spank for things you consider serious.

Ok what will you do? Will you let them know your there? Forget what you heard? What if Riley takes the blame? FYI you use a paddle on your son when he needs spanking.

Stone Man

Marshall
Too cute to not spank....

I'm going to let the boys know I heard their discussion, I don't want to set the boys up for failure when I know the truth.

I will also tell the boys that Riley will be in for a spanking for this as it (reads to me) is a case of direct disobedience as they were told to not play there.

I will not interfere with their friendship and let the chips swats land where they may.

ivor

Marshall
The way I'm reading this is that Kyle broke the window playing with the ball on his own and is now telling Riley about it rather than it happened when they were playing ball together. I'm also presuming that each Dad spanks only his own kid and that Kyle's is more severe than I.

Thus in this situation Riley takes the blame and I deal out the punishment.

I suspect that as they are best friends Kyle isn't going to be very happy at Riley being grounded for a time and thus unable to see him. Maybe Riley won't be able to persuade Kyle to let him take the blame, but let's assume he does.
In that case when I find out what happened either from Kyle's Dad or Riley 'confessing' to me that is the point at which I tell him I overheard the conversation. He then gets a spanking such as Kyle's Dad would have given him which will be for both the window breaking and perverting the course of justice.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
First, I'm going into the bedroom, saying I overheard that Riley broke a window playing ball, and that I want him to fetch his paddle and bare his bottom. After watching their reactions and controlling my laughter, I'll talk to them.

1) I don't care how thin the walls are, they should be talking about something like this more quietly (it's amazing how little volume control most boys really have).

2) I'm going to let the boys know that I heard, and talk to Kyle about how he'll feel about being dishonest.

3) I'm going to talk to both boys about being in debt over something like this. They've been friends half their lives, so maybe it wont' be a problem, but I've seen friendships spoiled over something like this.

In the end, I think it's a bad idea, but it has to be the boys' call. If I'm told that Riley broke the window, I'm not sure what I'll actually do.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

squarecutter

Sherrif
The problem I have is that easy going old Dad I may be but I feel that if my lad broke a rule that was considered spankable in the household where it was broken I would consider that a spankable offence too and I'm not sure this wouldn't be spankable in my house in any case. I expect Riley to behave as a guest. That's the way I brought him up. They were told no ball in that room. I would have expected that rule to be observed by Riley. So if I pretend not to hear what the boys said Riley gets spanked when I get to hear about it from Kyles old man Evil me says I should go ahead with that. If Riley begs out I will say it was for the subterfuge but I think he will just end up taking his licks

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm telling the boys I overheard their conversation, which should be sufficient to nip their plan in the bud. My interpretation of the scenario is that Riley wasn't involved in the window breaking; but if he was, he can share in whatever punishment Kyle's father assigns. At the very least, he will share in the expense of replacing the glass. If he wasn't involved, then Kyle will have to face the music with his dad. I agree with Jack that this sort of indebtedness can ruin a friendship. I will explain that to the boys.

Kat

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I will recommend to the boys that they hustle over there and replace the broken glass, hopefully before it is even noticed as broken. I will offer them some scrap glass I have saved for just such an occasion as this. The boys are welcome to borrow my glass cutter and other tools for this purpose. I see no reason for the boys to explain the true cause as to how the window came to be broken as long as they repair the damage.

I will also mention to the boys that when discussing confidential matters they should both talk quietly and turn on a radio or TV to produce jamming noise, to prevent their being overheard.

Iconoclast

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Hmm!

I've come back to an interesting one and having read the responses am going to fly solo and adapt the old Yorkshire proverb "Hear all, see all, say nowt"

True, I've overheard a lie possibly being concocted; but there are white lies and black lies and I'm not so squeaky clean myself that I'm unable to appreciate the shades of grey between.

My son has made Kyle the offer in the full knowledge that he will be punished as a consequence and that although I'm normally less likely to spank than Kyle's dad there is still a good chance he'll end up dropping those tracksuit bottoms for the paddle.  I'm going stay stum, let the situation mature and then base any course of action I need to take on the facts as they are presented to me.

If the plot goes through according to their embryo plan Riley will be spanked but the severity will be tempered by the pride I feel through learning that when the chips are down my son is a loyal friend.

"Knowledge is power - at its most effective when not flaunted"

Last edited by MemoryMan on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Thanks Iconoclast, I was wondering how I would handle this. You lot have more experience than me in such matters. You gave the best solution, sort of out of sight, out of mind.

I would be very sad if Kyle and Riley's friendship came to an end over this matter.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I'll confess to being rather torn on this one.  My boy being willing to step up for his friend and (likely) suffering the punishment is noble.  While I want to pat his back for that, he needs to understand the underlying fundamental dishonesty. Do I let them know I've overheard them?  Yes I will which puts the ball back in their court.  Hopefully they can come to the 'right' conclusion.

I like Icono's suggestion and I'll even help them in fixing the window if its possible.  Even if we do replace the glass I'm going to prod Kyle to 'own up' to his deeds and facing his own music.

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Mark the calendar ... I'm with Icono on this one Smile

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I haven't got any glass. Sad

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Padraig

Trailboss
I think Jack has a good point.

John Boy

Sherrif