Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 11 Nov 2013: Detours with Darcy

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 11 Nov 2013: Detours with Darcy on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:40 pm

Jack

Admin
It's Thursday afternoon, in November of 1985.  Your younger son, Kevin, has friends over.  The TV is on, his homework isn't done, and your older son, 13-year old Darcy, is no where in sight.  You don't have to wonder about where he is, though - Thursday is new comic day.  Despite the fact that he's grounded in general, and specifically forbidden to visit the comic store this week, you have little doubt of where he's been.

Before you can even start considering what to do, Darcy walks in the front door.  He's wind-blown and obviously not thrilled to find that you're already here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You ask Darcy for his backpack, which he reluctantly hands over.  You open it to find the expected (and condemning) comic books.  

Obviously Kevin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

who's only 11 wouldn't have gone quite so far out of line if his big brother had been home, but he still knows he's not supposed to have friends over without an adult around (at least not inside), and that he's supposed to have homework done before playing.

You would normally start with Darcy, then talk to Kevin, but Darcy can be rather vocal during corrections, and you don't want to humiliate him by letting Kevin's friends hear what goes on.

So what steps do you take, and with whom?

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

2 Re: BOTD 11 Nov 2013: Detours with Darcy on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:48 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm going to shoo Kevin's friends home, telling them that Kevin isn't allowed to have guests over when there isn't someone around to supervise and isn't allowed to play until his homework is finished. (Personally, I think a boy deserves a bit of time to decompress before starting homework, but that's what the scenario says).

Once Kevin's friends are gone, I'm going to proceed as I normally would. Again, the scenario says I'd start with Darcy--I'd personally normally start with the younger boy, especially in this case as Darcy is in for an upgrade having violated his grounding.

Both boys are going to be pretty vocal before I'm done.

3 Re: BOTD 11 Nov 2013: Detours with Darcy on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:53 pm

kalico

Sherrif
Very Happy  what Kier said.......

hugs kal

4 Re: BOTD 11 Nov 2013: Detours with Darcy on Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:05 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
First thing is to get Darcy to a fashion consultant because . . . damn. Laughing  Razz 

One of these days I am going to beat Kier here but for right now I honestly cannot add to what he said so I will again DITTO him.

I will add that I wonder why I didn't just give Darcy a spanking to start with. Would we even be here if I had?

5 Re: BOTD 11 Nov 2013: Detours with Darcy on Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:22 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
As a practical application, I really can't improve on Doc's fine answer so I too will add to the ditto chorus! DMK has a real point from the fashion point. I remember 1985 and even then Darcy would have really 'stuck out' from the crowd!

Actually Dave's right about the other point too. This is why grounding almost never sees the light of day in our household! It is SO much more efficient to just get the spanking out of the way in the first place as NONE of my kids were ever able to fulfill the terms of a grounding without either violating it in some way and getting spanked anyway or being so miserable to be around that I seriously considered beating them just for the attitude problem and that solves nothing!

6 Re: BOTD 11 Nov 2013: Detours with Darcy on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:34 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I must either be crazy or trying to alienate my son Darcy from me! This is an excellent reason never to use grounding as punishment!

I will back off now before I do permanent harm to our relationship!

And I do not know why I am so concerned with Kevin's homework, as I have noticed the school teaches lies, so I must go over his assignments in order that I can expose the lies they teach. In 1985 this takes frequent trips to the library and anti-establishment bookstores.

Thus Kevin gets a pass also!

Iconoclast

7 Re: BOTD 11 Nov 2013: Detours with Darcy on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:26 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
Well said Kier. Very Happy

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

8 Re: BOTD 11 Nov 2013: Detours with Darcy on Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:45 am

ivor

Marshall
The queue behind Kier grows ever longer Smile

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

9 Re: BOTD 11 Nov 2013: Detours with Darcy on Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:00 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I hate queues ................. but?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

10 Re: BOTD 11 Nov 2013: Detours with Darcy on Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:36 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
First I'm sending Kevin's friends on home. I suspect they knew they shouldn't have been there anyway. It will also let Kevin know whats coming. Darcy will be paddled for breaking his restriction and can then complete his restriction as ordered before. Kevin also gets paddled. It might have been stopped if Darcy had been around but it was Kevin who invited his friends in not Darcy. Then they can sit down to their homework.

11 Re: BOTD 11 Nov 2013: Detours with Darcy on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:06 am

Jack

Admin
AFinch wrote:I think a boy deserves a bit of time to decompress before starting homework, but ...
There is room between 'jump straight into the homework' and 'play', at least in my opinion.

No ... Rolling Eyes 

Nah, I'm just going to ignore Icono this time.

As for me, I would also normally start with Kevin. Maybe I was going to start with Darcy this time, because Kevin had friends over, or maybe because I feel like I'm going to have to come back to Darcy before I'm finished?

Since the scenario doesn't say why Darcy was grounded, I'm not going to comment on that. It does say that he was specifically forbidden to go to the comic store, so I'll be taking the comics and hiding them away until his grounding is over. In the meantime, jeans (and suspenders) will come off, then he can go to the corner while I deal with his little brother. At 11, for a couple of acts of direct disobedience, he's going to have a pretty lengthy session over my lap, before his big brother gets an even longer one. After that the two of them can decide when they're ready to sit down and do some homework.

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

12 Re: BOTD 11 Nov 2013: Detours with Darcy on Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Kount Kat in Kier's K-Club.

Kat

13 Re: BOTD 11 Nov 2013: Detours with Darcy on Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:43 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
I find myself in the DMK club. Laughing 

14 Re: BOTD 11 Nov 2013: Detours with Darcy on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:34 am

Padraig