You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 11-15-2013 Jed and Joe- An Ivor Production

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Jed and Joe
An Ivor Production

This is your 15 year old son Jed on the left and his 14 year old brother Joseph on the right.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

They are obviously in for a 'whuppin' but you have two questions to answer.

Firstly, what are you going to 'whup' them with.

Secondly, is Joseph going to get off lighter (or even totally) because, as he points out, not only is he younger but he hasn't actually got a cigarette in his mouth. Of course you could decide to up his 'whuppin' for back chatting you!

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Razor Strop for Jed and a OTK spanking for Joe - Light him up a little for the lighter help!

AFinch

Sherrif
In that setting?  Both boys are picking a switch.

It is only dumb luck that I happened upon them while Joe was lighting Jed's cigarette.  Hardly anyone, and certainly not I, would believe that he doesn't intend to take a puff momentarily, or light another of his own.  It may not be fair, but the driver of a getaway car is equally guilty as a thief (or murderer) under the law.

I doubt either boy will be interested in smoking again.

Last edited by AFinch on Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added word for grammar/clarity)

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Oh yeah, the strop and these 2 will be chatting directly!!! affraid 

Doc caught the essence of the 'crime theory' here, so no issues on that front. At 14 and 15, they are old enough and big enough that I don't have to worry about going easy, either so this will indeed be of the 'barn burner' caliber!

David M. Katz

Marshall
DITTO to Kier and Dimitri!

Stone Man

Marshall
David M. Katz wrote:DITTO to Kier and Dimitri!
Sounds like fun. I'll bring my strop.

John Boy

Sherrif
David M. Katz wrote:DITTO to Kier and Dimitri!
ditto the dittos

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I see no reason for the younger boy to get off or even get off more lightly. It's the woodshed and the strop for both of them.

Kat

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Grrrr!

Its the woodshed and strop for them; they might have set the Damn shack on fire.

Don't they know baccy is fur chewin'? Evil or Very Mad

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Jack

Admin
If that's tobacco on the ground in front of them, they probably wasted enough to roll another one!

No, Joe's not getting off. It's circumstantial that he's planning to partake, but he's obviously an accessory. Jed can get out of those trousers, then wait while Joe catches up, and they can both go prune the switch tree a bit (Joe will probably get off a bit lighter, just due to size, but that's about it).

http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

squarecutter

Sherrif
Into the wood shed. Take down the razor strop off its hook. They can both take their pants down and bend over a hay bale. Joe gets a little less of a whipping for being younger but he got caught with a lighter so he is complicit and I suspect he is just lucky not to have been caught with a cigarette this time.

Padraig

Trailboss
I don't know, but to me Joe don't have a lighter. He's holding a cigarette so Jed can light his on the already burning one. I can be wrong and he's "just" holdig a match but it really doesn't matter. If there is only on cigarette they will share it for sure. It's a trip to the woodshed for both.

btw and off topic: what's that thing on the wall between window and towel?

Pi Beta

Deputy
Padraig wrote:

The lower thing looks like a well used long handled pruner of dubious vintage. Not sure about the more horizontal bits.

David M. Katz

Marshall
Padraig wrote:

If you are referencing what I think you are referencing then it is the electric power service meter.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
David M. Katz wrote:
Padraig wrote:

If you are referencing what I think you are referencing then it is the electric power service meter.
That's an old house, for sure!  The lower item is a pruning hook of some variety, the other is, as DMK said, the electric meter and service to the house.  Note the ceramic insulators in the side of the roof; those have been "out of code" since forever! The very thin wire near the window is the phone service and I had to chuckle when I saw Cable TV service drilled into the wall! Interesting juxtaposition of old and new tech!

ivor

Marshall
So what sort of date would you put on the photo?

I was thinking early 50s, but then you say 'cable TV' which makes me think it must be later although I am saying that from a UK rather than USA perspective.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Cable hit it in the rural areas (at least here in PA) right around 1974.

It was actually available in our little mining town in '72 and the idea of more than 3 channels (5 when the weather was good) was fascinating to us!   When we moved to the farm in '75 they were just coming into that area; we got cable in '76.  The house itself appears to have been built in the Depression era (1930's) given the knob and tube style wiring I caught.  That's what raised my eyebrows about it; the oddity of the old-vs-new going on.  The neat thing about country boys' clothing is that it tends to be rather timeless; I know kids now who still dress like that in the sticks, and WE certainly did as well!

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I might be convinced to postpone whipping the boys but I will start testing them routinely for nicotine with test kits which I will require them to pay for!

Iconoclast

Jack

Admin
1strappedboy wrote:The neat thing about country boys' clothing is that it tends to be rather timeless; I know kids now who still dress like that in the sticks,
Call us 'the sticks'.  Except maybe for the shoes, neither one of those boys would be out of place for casual wear (rolled pants are pretty unusual, but it's not entirely unheard of for a boy to get hand-me-downs that big and use them for work and rough housing).

As for us, I don't remember having cable here until '84 or so, though Dallas had it sooner.

Added thought on edit: Could that house be so old they had to drill a wire for the antenna lead?

kalico

Sherrif
Shocked  84 WOW

I can remember cable from early age of 3 and 4 and I was born in 72 but we had cable when I was born as I've been told.....I thought my small logging town was last for everything....wow

hugs kal

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Jack wrote:
1strappedboy wrote:The neat thing about country boys' clothing is that it tends to be rather timeless; I know kids now who still dress like that in the sticks,
Call us 'the sticks'.  Except maybe for the shoes, neither one of those boys would be out of place for casual wear (rolled pants are pretty unusual, but it's not entirely unheard of for a boy to get hand-me-downs that big and use them for work and rough housing).

As for us, I don't remember having cable here until '84 or so, though Dallas had it sooner.

Added thought on edit: Could that house be so old they had to drill a wire for the antenna lead?
Possible, but most people I knew just ran the antenna lead under a window because it was flat and didn't necessitate a hole in the house, unlike cable where the installers were fussy as to placement.  Even when Mum and Grandpa were having the new house built, they ran the antenna wires under the living room window; a big difference for us was that because of where we were, the antenna had to be built on a ginormously high platform on a hill away from the house.  We were in a valley so roof mount wasn't enough to get reception.  That necessitated a double motored 'rotor for the antenna and when the winds were up, you couldn't always turn the antenna.  From where we were, you could get ABC, CBS, 2 NBC's, and PBS out of Pittsburgh and an NBC from Johnstown, a CBS from Altoona if the weather was just right, and a couple of UHF stations from Pittsburgh.

Cable got us all of that and a whole ton of stations emanating from Philly and New York to say nothing of the tons of UHF stations then out there.  It also got you HBO and later Showtime where all the good stuff was back in the day.  Do you remember when MTV went live?  We thought we'd died and gone to heaven!

kalico

Sherrif
Very Happy  I was watching when MTV went live....scratch  want to say I was in fifth or sixth grade but thinking more like sixth....now I I love you  my sirus XM because they have Martha Quinn an the other main MTV guy from back in the day......

hugs kal

Jack

Admin
No, I don't remember, because we didn't have cable back then.

I do remember that the local station around here had after school programming, which had been pretty good cartoons for a while (Battle of the Planets showed there and then. My junior or senior year, they began broadcasting a 30-minute show of a dance club that showed music videos. That's where I first saw Culture Club, Cyndi Lauper, and Haircut 100, among probably many others.

I might be wrong about exactly when we got cable, because I remember having it at mom's house when I lived there, but I'm almost sure we didn't have it when I was in high school, which narrows it down to a very shot period from '83 to about '85. I do remember having it at Dad's, but I'm not sure when we got it. Mostly I remember having it on my TV in his room. I'd come home every afternoon, turn it on MTV, and frequently just leave it there.

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
This is actually one of a series of photographs taken of, I believe, the Cornett family in Leatherwood, Kentucky in the year 1964...

These lads did not get into trouble with their parents over smoking and all... Very Happy 

See their younger brother here (cut and paste as usual replacing x with t in hxxp)

hxxp://www.shorpy.com/node/13321

There is a link on this page to many of the photographs... all of the lads are photogenic if not exactly what Hannah Weeks would consider squeaky clean...

Stevie...

P.S.

This picture of an earlier generation might also be of interest... it is very high resolution and can be massively enlarged so that all the relevant details are clearly visible Wink :

hxxp://www.shorpy.com/node/7775

PPS.

In Burlington, Ontario we had cable in 1969... just a few days after we got our first colour television and all...Razz 

ivor

Marshall
Thanks for the info Stevie.

I reckon though if the full family photo is '64 the one of the two boys must be from a few years later.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum