a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 12/3/13 "Wyatt The Wanderer" A John Boy Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
WYATT THE WANDERER
A John Boy Production

You have a seven year old son, Wyatt.  When a punishment is needed, Wyatt is given a spanking.  

Wyatt has had a problem recently with wandering off and getting lost.  He has wandered away from you twice in a large mega store.  On both occasions you required the help of store security to locate him.  The second time Wyatt wandered off at the store he ended up breaking some merchandise he was "looking" at.  Last week you and your family went to a local amusement/theme park.  Again, Wyatt wandered away from you and was lost for almost a half hour.  Park authorities were enlisted to help find Wyatt.  Every time that Wyatt has wandered off you have been so happy when he was located that you have smothered him with hugs and kisses.  You have talked to and warned Wyatt about wandering off.

Today you took Wyatt to the local park to play.  You showed Wyatt his boundaries and let him play.  Wyatt wanted to go to the other side of the park and play in the sandboxes on that side.  He left the boundary area and wandered off to the other side of the park without your knowledge or permission.  You noticed Wyatt was missing and panicked.  Some other parents at the park helped you locate Wyatt.

WYATT - 7
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Does Wyatt get smothered with hugs and kisses again or is it time for some other response?

kalico

Sherrif
I will smother him with hugs and kisses but just as soon as we get home his pants and undies are coming off and he is getting a VERY real spanking.....we need to nip this fast....why I have waited this long is beyond me...scratch 

hugs kal

AFinch

Sherrif
Ditto Kal.

Jack

Admin
First, I really need to quit panicking every time this happens. Maybe Wyatt likes the fact that he has that much control over me.

I'm going to tell Wyatt that, since he can't stay where he's supposed to, we're not going to be able to come back to the park for a while. When we get home, he's getting his little bottom worn out for disobeying me.

Hugs and kisses can come afterwards.

PS - Maybe he wanders off to get the hugs and kisses? I'll have to make sure he's getting enough positive attention at home.

John Boy

Sherrif
Jack wrote:First, I really need to quit panicking every time this happens.  Maybe Wyatt likes the fact that he has that much control over me.  

I'm going to tell Wyatt that, since he can't stay where he's supposed to, we're not going to be able to come back to the park for a while. When we get home, he's getting his little bottom worn out for disobeying me.

Hugs and kisses can come afterwards.

PS - Maybe he wanders off to get the hugs and kisses?  I'll have to make sure he's getting enough positive attention at home.
I like that answer Jack Very Happy

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Kittykat

Deputy
First I'm going to wonder honestly if he has ADD of some form. If it happens this many times, it's not an accident anymore. It's either A, willfull disobedience, or B, he has ADD.

ivor

Marshall
From the scenario I wouldn't class this as 'attention deficit' as much as 'attention seeking'.

This time he's getting a spanking and being told why. Let's see if the sae thing happens next time we go somewhere.

(Mind you, having said that since this has happened before I really should have been keeping a closer eye on him)

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Wyatt's repeated disobedience is hardly surprising since it always results in pleasant consequences.  It may be due to wilfulness, or perhaps as Kitty suggests ADD?

In any case the short term therapy will be the administration of a dose of SBB.

(stinging bare bottom)

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Padraig

Trailboss
I don't think he wanders off because of the kisses but that probably sends a very wrong message. So this time spanking first, kissing later.

Stone Man

Marshall
Wyatt has learned well how to manipulate me. Now it is time for me to manipulate him over my lap and warm his backside.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Since Wyatt is wandering off, I'll buy a leash and keep him on it in public places. I think after a few times wearing a leash, he will be ready for another chance, but with the understanding that if he wanders off again, he'll be on the leash for at least a month.

Kat

squarecutter

Sherrif
Both! But after I've hugged him we are going home. Play time is over. Wyatt is going over my knee for one of those lecture punctuated bare bottom spankings. I love him too much to allow him to endanger himself like this. He is lucky the hand that grabbed his didn't abduct him. He was also  a very disobedient little boy and doing this puts a lot of people to unnecessary inconvenience every time. It is clear that lectures alone aren't working which is why he is getting a sore bottom. I think I will further curb his wandering with a little corner time as well.

AFinch

Sherrif
Kat wrote:Since Wyatt is wandering off, I'll buy a leash and keep him on it in public places. I think after a few times wearing a leash, he will be ready for another chance, but with the understanding that if he wanders off again, he'll be on the leash for at least a month.

Kat
When my niece was three, and I was living back east, we vacationed out here. We went to Disneyland. Near the Dumbo ride, she took off. I called, she looked right at me and kept going. I used the "all three names" call and told her to come back THIS INSTANT. She looked at me, stamped her little foot, said "NO", and kept going. I went after her, caught her, gave her a single smack across her little bottom, and listened to her say: "I hate you." I said: "That's OK, because I still love you, and I'd be very sad if you got lost. So as grandma says, better you should cry than I should cry." And then we went to the nearest concession shop and bought a leash. She despised that thing, but she wore it the rest of the day.

The next day we were going to Knott's Berry Farm. She promised she'd stick to me like glue if she didn't have to wear the leash. I told her OK, but there were "NO chances". If she walked away just once, it was going back on. She stuck to me like glue until she was 10. That was probably the most effective "behavior modification" strategy I have ever used on any child.

Jack

Admin
I hate seeing kids on those leash things, but sometimes it seems like you don't have many other options.

LLALVA

Trailboss
Jack 18 June 2010, (Van was 8 ) wrote:"Actually, when we were at the park yesterday, an older woman was walking around with three kids. Two of them (a boy and a girl) were around Van's age or a bit older, but the third one was only 4 or 5. He was wearing a monkey backpack that had a tail that turned into a leash around Grandma's wrist.
Van looked at that for a minute and said, ""Am I too old for one of those?""
I told him, ""Van, you've never needed one of those, and I wouldn't want any of my kids in something like that?""
He looked up at me and said, ""You don't like monkeys?""
""Oh, you mean the backpack?""
I've seen animal backpacks online, so I told him we can get him one when we get home, and if he doesn't want to carry it at school, he can use the one from this year (or one of his brothers, it's not like we don't have 30 backpacks floating around here)."
The son of a friend removed the leash from his arm and put it on some other kid Rolling Eyes

David M. Katz

Marshall
LLALVA wrote:
The son of a friend removed the leash from his arm and put it on some other kid Rolling Eyes
This makes me chuckle.

Jack

Admin
David M. Katz wrote:
LLALVA wrote:
This makes me chuckle.
Was your friend's last name Houdini by chance?

Someone better keep an eye on that little fellow pirat 

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I'm loathe to leash, and thank all that is holy, my youngest was 8 when I got him. By then, Jeffy had enough older brothers to emulate that he was really pretty good for a little kid.

As to Wyatt, I agree that hugs and kisses can come AFTER tears and yells. He has either learned to do this for the positive reinforcement (and like Jack, I need to make sure that happens enough from other sources) or he is simply being disobedient. I don't buy into the concept that he's to short spanned to understand "no further than here". I think after the first really good spanking for this he'll be just fine on understanding the bounds.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum