a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 12/10/13 "Doggone" A Memory Man Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
Doggone
A Memory Man Production

The birth of your son Jason seemed to rouse the motherly instincts of your dog Tess.  She sniffed around him, longing to get that first lick in, and would, when allowed camp by his cot responding to every cry and gurgle.

Tess was forming a strong bond  with Jason, one which was reciprocated as Jason became aware.  They became constant companions and Tess grew so fiercely protective of Jason that you had to shut her outside when it became necessary to discipline him.  Normally you would hand spank his bared bottom, but recently you have acquired a light strap you hold in reserve as a nuclear option.

Tess and Jason love to run and play together on the nearby beach that is reached along a path through a wooded copse and across some dunes.  Jason delights in playing hide and seek with Tess, dodging away behind trees or amongst the dunes whenever Tess is distracted.

Nine and a half years and several thousand slurps have gone by and Tess is starting to show her age; her hearing is fading and she is difficult to call back from any distance, also a cataract appears to be forming in one eye.  Accordingly you have bought a retractable long lead that you insist Jason keeps on her whenever they are out alone.

Today the pair of them have gone out to play on the beach and after about an hour Tess returns alone.  Your wife immediately goes frantic with worry and you take off towards the beach.  You haven't gone far when you hear Jasons's panicky voice calling out for Tess.   He is fighting back tears and the extending lead is in his hand when you catch up with him to tell him Tess is home.  He immediately takes off at a run and when you catch up with him he is by the house, hugging Tess and half crying with relief.

Jason with Tess
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Do you judge Jason has learned his lesson?  Or is Tess about to be locked outside whilst you deal with his bottom - and if so what will you use?

squarecutter

Sherrif
I see this as a teachable moment. I will remind Jason that we made the rule so we wouldn't have near tragedies like this. Its why parents make calls like this even when little boys don't like them. Its good that Tess still has enough about her to get home but for how much longer. This lecture and Jasons' obvious distress mean that I don't need to separate Tess from him this time provide of course that he had permission to take Tess to the beach in the first place. I will also suggest that he gives his mum a huge hug and see if she has a few jobs for him to do to make up for the fright he gave HER.

Pi Beta

Deputy
Ditto

kalico

Sherrif
Very Happy ...yep DITTO!!!

hugs kal

Jack

Admin
I think that there are some times that experience is a better teacher than a sore bottom. I'm going to have a long talk with Jason, but it's going to be more focused on the fact that he needs to learn to listen to me - not because I'm smarter than he is, but because I have much more experience, and that I'd like to use my experience to keep him from having bad experiences.

John Boy

Sherrif
Jack wrote:I think that there are some times that experience is a better teacher than a sore bottom.  I'm going to have a long talk with Jason, but it's going to be more focused on the fact that he needs to learn to listen to me - not because I'm smarter than he is, but because I have much more experience, and that I'd like to use my experience to keep him from having bad experiences.
Ditto

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Stone Man

Marshall
Ditto the dittoers. Jason has learned more from the incident than he will ever learn form long talks before hand. He got an emotional jolt and did all the crying that was needed.

David M. Katz

Marshall
Ditto to the dittoed dittoers.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I have nothing to add.

Kat

Padraig

Trailboss
ditto

squarecutter

Sherrif
This reminds me slightly of a scene from one of the many Lassie films where the kid( it may be played by Jon Provost) is about to get the Hairbrush from his Dad and sends the dog from his bedroom room telling her saying 'you won't like this.' (or words to that effect)

Kai

Deputy
David M. Katz wrote:Ditto to the dittoed dittoers.
ditto that Smile

Pi Beta

Deputy
Expanding on my quick "Ditto" written just as I was going to bed, I surely cannot have expected Jason to keep Tess on the lead on the beach and be able to play properly. One cannot play with a ball with the dog tethered to you, nor play hide and seek.

Hide and seek should probably now be abandoned if Tess is really deaf (try dropping a piece of meat onto the floor in the kitchen when Tess is in another room in the house really to test this!), but Tess needs exercise and enjoys it. throwing a ball along a beach should allow Jason to play with an unleashed Tess and keep her in sight.

Tess knows her way home as she has shown, even if she does it by smell rather than sight. After his fright today, I have no doubt that Jason will be more aware of the possibility of Tess losing him and will probably become even closer to her. He's cried enough for one day, and, unfortunately, one days those tears will be for the permanent loss of his constant companion.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I like Pi's answer and shall therefore echo that. Otherwise, I'm in the 'ditto' category. I'm sure mom can get her own back for the fright he gave her.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Pi has a very good point. Hide and seek is probably out from now on though. It is of course very sad that Tess will likely not see Jasons childhood out

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I also agree with Pi, but to stop my wife's unwarranted fear I will get Jason a cell phone or a family radio.

Iconoclast

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum